OFFICIAL: KENYA withdraws from maritime dispute case with SOMALIA.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Question.
Was this sea area also disputed before the civil war? If I'm not mistaken the Kenyans started this because the former administrations signed off parts of our sea. Did Kenya complain about the border during the Siad era?

This Sheikh has a lot of useful information on the case, he says it was never disputed for 49 years until somali politicians signed MOU, I am so gladly we have so many intelligent people that keep us in the loop :)

This Sheikh has a lot of useful information on the case, he says it was never disputed for 49 years until somali politicians signed MOU, I am so gladly we have so many intelligent people that keep us in the loop :)

So all the people responsible are coincidentally hawiye. Stop masquerading as this nice dozy nabadoon.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
The Kenyans agreed this with the Tanzanians as recent as 2009.

They probably did it so that they could justify grabbing Somali waters.

Yep, they gave their sea away to Tanzania for a cheap price, thinking its "ok we got Somalias sea by force."

So all the people responsible are coincidentally hawiye. Stop masquerading as this nice dozy nabadoon.

More than just one tribe in that pic, this not tribal but individuals. Also Hassan Sheikh is the one who brought the case to ICJ, after previous admin gave it away.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP

we must move away from seeing things through clan lenses. The MOU did not signed itself, those who have must be held accountable. A proper investigation should be done and anyone that is found out guilty, should be made to answer whether he happens to be related to me or you or the next person. That is how justice works and how our nation will grow.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Yep, they gave their sea away to Tanzania for a cheap price, thinking its "ok we got Somalias sea by force."

More than just one tribe in that pic, this not tribal but individuals. Also Hassan Sheikh is the one who brought the case to ICJ, after previous admin gave it away.

Exactly, if it weren't for Hassan sheikh, we would have lost that area forever. This matter is much bigger than petty politics or clan paranoia. Fortunately, on a national level, Somalia has competent men and women working hard behind the scenes correcting all the wrongs and getting our nation on the right track :)

That's not how any of this works. Vessels have freedom of navigation in any exclusive economic zone (EEZ). Territorial waters are a different story. Here, foreign vessels must seek permission before entering (I'm simplifying). However, this is only limited to 12km which is not enough distance to "landlock" Kenya.

Yes. Kenya is going to go down in history as the Country that tried to fool the world with the
most absurd territorial Claim. That it is going to be lanlocked if they are not given their neighbors
sea.

again, before you can get to the kenyan somalis and convince them to be pro Somali interests, how about the Somalis in Somalia do that? we have the guys who sold the sea running for president and might win, or we get back farmaajo who signed off 4 ports to Ethiopia, confirmed by abiye ahmed himself.

don't be selective in who you call traitors. The Somalis in Somalia have been the most treasonous out of all Somali people.
Exactly and should be banned from running for office of any kind

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Do you now if amisom is leaving and how do you see somalia being in the next couple of years and how do you see kenya moves being destructive
It's currently impossible for the AMISOM troops to leave considering the vast swathes of land controlled by radical Jihadi elements of Al Shabab and the potent threats the capital faces from their relentless attacks.

The country's direction will heavily depend on the outcome of the election. If Farmaajo retains his seat then federalism will shrink dramatically, he will try to strip Madoobe the JL president from his seat, he will try to further destabilise Puntland and shake the core foundations of the State etc.

It's honest men and not demagogues that make a nation prosperous and Farmaajo is definitely a demagogue.

It's currently impossible for the AMISOM troops to leave considering the vast swathes of land controlled by radical Jihadi elements of Al Shabab and the potent threats the capital faces from their relentless attacks.

The country's direction will heavily depend on the outcome of the election. If Farmaajo retains his seat then federalism will shrink dramatically, he will try to strip Madoobe the JL president from his seat, he will try to further destabilise Puntland and shake the core foundations of the State etc.

It's honest men and not demagogues that make a nation prosperous and Farmaajo is definitely a demagogue.
Do you see tplf removal as sign that the horn of africa is changing and do you think that centralized govermnet party system is better i happen to believe this may be a better necessity than the current federallism we have thats 4.5 system and with madoobe removed how long do you see deni surviving

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Do you see tplf removal as sign that the horn of africa is changing and do you think that centralized govermnet party system is better i happen to believe this may be a better necessity than the current federallism we have thats 4.5 system and with madoobe removed how long do you see deni surviving
I see the recent developments in Ethiopia as mere change of guard. Abiy Ahmed consolidated his power through brute force and he will be the next Meles Zanawi of Ethiopia but there won't be a significant change of fortunes for the average Ethiopian.

Centralism already failed in Somalia. The political authority, or sovereignty, rested in the hands of few individuals from the same tribe that passed their wealth, status, and power on to their offspring. Centralism builds one massive City State and ignores the rest of the country. The destruction of Mogadishu in 1991 had major implications for the entire country since it was the center of commerce, education, and government institutions. The rest of the country was in dire economic and social conditions while one City thrived. Federalism gives each State a massive power to build itself up from the dust, it triggers development competition among the States, it reduces the size and the authority of the president. In centralism, small circle of elites make laws, enforce those laws and judge lawbreakers. The majority of the population in a centralized system lack the ability to challenge the system since it is so powerful.

Federalism is the best suitable system for tribal societies like us.

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
As many others have said this doesn’t landlock Kenya. It was discussed in yesterday’s hearing that Kenya actually accepted a bad deal with Tanzania’s maritime border. The lawyer was arguing that Kenya should not now try and reach equity with its maritime borders by taking from Somalia.

One thing that stood out to me in the hearing yesterday was that Kenya claimed that the Somali government agreed to things that it had not. That’s brazen and it made me think this has probably happened before. Foreign actors probably write whatever they want and then get our xoolo politicians to agree, without ever fact checking or presenting the case to parliament. It’s just this time the bribe didn’t work and the case made it to ICJ which has more rigorous standards than the Somali govt.

Ewq6UMYWUAAJ1-2

Trending