A man trying to be successful
Here's sites to use. Lets see if his a good guy :fredo:

Seen his scared of the interrogation.
@soomaa

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
How old is your sister? It’s really bizarre that she is paying for the whole wedding expense when you mentioned they work at the same place? I don’t want to assume anything but sounds like she is already pregnant and is rushing to get everything done :kanyeshrug:
Let's not accuse his sister of things like this. :(

Prettymuslim94

A man trying to be successful
My sister has gained some weight since I last saw her too...
Here's sites to use. Lets see if his a good guy :fredo:

Seen his scared of the interrogation.
@soomaa

pablo

Make Dhulos Great Again
@soomaa R.I.P to ur father sxb. Listen since this man is not paying for his own wedding and making the women pay let’s you know that he’s not planning on staying long since no man would dare to bring up not paying for his own wedding, also this shows the desperation of your sister and for her to be your older sister means she will see you as her younger brother and having no authority over her. It’s best you speak with him and ask why he’s not putting a penny into his own wedding? If he’s willing to let your sister pay then that confirms my theory that he is not planning on staying for long and since your sisters judgement is clouded by desperation you will have to make a statement that you don’t support this marriage and you will not attend the wedding, like I said he’s not planning to stay long so be prepared for your sister to lash out on you when he walks out in 6 months or in a years time because reality will set in and she’s no longer clouded by desperation.

Don't act like he was spitting facts, he wasn't even being disrespectful he stated his opinion and even gave sound advice " go to the wedding or not but don't cause a fight at the wedding remember be happy and control your own life". Don't be salty

I didn't even read the post I'm just sick seeing he's caps-lock posts.

I don't really care about OP's situation

I don't want you to give up on family. So at least make dua for them if nothing else. Don't risk your freedom and money for someone who won't appreciate it.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
It is what it is. Clearly you failed to stop many things that led to this and now you are trying to recope the losses.

Royalflush

novacane
its COVID and he doesn't want to leave his house
wtf is wrong with you saxib. you say your exhausted fighting your sister but i promise you she will submit to you if be aggressive and show your not a weak mf
as your community we aint criticizing you were correcting you cah this man gonna dip on your sister and take half her money in a divorce. be a man, get your boys- wear a khamis and take some bats to his house and lay it straight for him. doesnt matter if hes coughing out of is arse, THIS IS YOUR FAMILY MF, what you gonna tell aabo when you meet him in akhira? he not gonna look at your sorry ass

Mozart

You need people like me
Embrace the Union akhi . Ask for a percentage cut from the inevitable YouTube video - there’s money to be made here

Why would Dread pay for a wedding when his parents weren’t married. She wants a wedding she pay for it. And he works with her which means they get paid similar wages most likely. To the OP all you can do is tell her the truth, shame her even though it’s to late and you sister will be home in a year or two with a kid, and Looked down upon by most Somalis. It’s sad

Jamaican guy did nothing wrong.

It's not his fault your sister wants to marry him ASAP, without mehr, and pay for the wedding herself.
Strong "black magic" at work :lolbron:

I'm really sorry about your situation and i can uderstand your hopelessness in this matter. Since you are the younger brother, and your mother is on her side, she finds you as her road block and therefore your opinion/advice concerning about her wedding is invalid. The fact that she is paying her wedding all by herself and your mother is complicit with it is a bit too much. I hope she is not bewitched. I had say summoned all the other males in the family: adeer, abti even habaryar and eedo. Adigana stop stressing. Good luck i'll keep you in my prayers. :i83dwbv::frdfvsb::mad:

So my sister is getting married this weekend and I'm officially not invited. She's marrying this Jamaican dude who recently reverted and that she met at work, and I kid you not - but she's paying for her own wedding. Thats what made me so pissed off. She's getting married not only to an ajnabi, she's getting married without a mehr, and is actually paying all her wedding expenses out of her own pocket.

I tried to stop this madness. But my hooyo seems desperate to send her daughter off since she's getting too old, and seems to be more concerned with sending her daughter off to any man thats willing to marry her. My abo passed away three years ago of diabetes, his last words was to look out for my sisters.

I'm conflicted because on the one hand I don't want to make her wedding about me, and my feelings. Its her big day, and truthfully I don't have anything against the Jamaican dude. My only issue is how fast everything has transpired with virtually no checks and balances, how she's financing her own big day all by herself with absolutely no contributions from the guy who's suppose to be paying. Is mehr a Somali-only thing?

Anyways, me and my sister had an argument today about driving her to town to get her fitting done. I had plans with my boys and didn't anything to do with her pre-festivities so I digressed. She went on telling me how I'm not a decent brother and how she doesn't even want me to come to her wedding. I fell silent in total fustration. Did she think proper brotherly conduct meant bending the knee and dancing playfully along with everything she wants to do in life, even if its rational? Why do our women blame us for being to protective over them and when we don't we're also blamed for being enablers of gender based violence against them.

In short, I really miss my Abo. And my sister's wedding is fast approaching. I don't have an outfit either cause I really haven't been planning to go.
What a tragic situation to be in
Dont you have any male relatives uncles cousins brothers that can help

She's marrying this Jamaican dude who recently reverted and that she met at work, and I kid you not - but she's paying for her own wedding. Thats what made me so pissed off. She's getting married not only to an ajnabi, she's getting married without a mehr, and is actually paying all her wedding expenses out of her own pocket.

looool nah she sounds proper desperate you know. Paying for your own wedding? and he aint even contributing? yikes he's basically getting a free ride i would personally leave her to her own devices. she'll eventually learn to love herself, no point in raising your blood pressure <3

Status
Not open for further replies.