Not invited to my sisters wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my sister is getting married this weekend and I'm officially not invited. She's marrying this Jamaican dude who recently reverted and that she met at work, and I kid you not - but she's paying for her own wedding. Thats what made me so pissed off. She's getting married not only to an ajnabi, she's getting married without a mehr, and is actually paying all her wedding expenses out of her own pocket.

I tried to stop this madness. But my hooyo seems desperate to send her daughter off since she's getting too old, and seems to be more concerned with sending her daughter off to any man thats willing to marry her. My abo passed away three years ago of diabetes, his last words was to look out for my sisters.

I'm conflicted because on the one hand I don't want to make her wedding about me, and my feelings. Its her big day, and truthfully I don't have anything against the Jamaican dude. My only issue is how fast everything has transpired with virtually no checks and balances, how she's financing her own big day all by herself with absolutely no contributions from the guy who's suppose to be paying. Is mehr a Somali-only thing?

Anyways, me and my sister had an argument today about driving her to town to get her fitting done. I had plans with my boys and didn't anything to do with her pre-festivities so I digressed. She went on telling me how I'm not a decent brother and how she doesn't even want me to come to her wedding. I fell silent in total fustration. Did she think proper brotherly conduct meant bending the knee and dancing playfully along with everything she wants to do in life, even if its rational? Why do our women blame us for being to protective over them and when we don't we're also blamed for being enablers of gender based violence against them.

In short, I really miss my Abo. And my sister's wedding is fast approaching. I don't have an outfit either cause I really haven't been planning to go.

ReyRey

Brummie born & bred
You are man of the house now. Take control of your womenfolk. I don't care if you have to tie her up on her wedding day.

Logic jumps out of the window the moment women become emotional. So, it's your job to save her from the despicable future she's gonna have if she marries that bum.

I suggest you get your boys and go threaten and beat the shit out of that Jamaican. That's what I would do :kanyeshrug:

One last thing. Have gheerah over your women and remember that she can't Islamicly marry that man without your consent, since your father died and you are the only remaining male figure in your household.

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
Interrogate the guy if he's actually a good person then your just gonna have to hold the L and not attend the wedding respect her decision. If he's not a good guy you got to fukk shyt up as much as you can do whatever my guy nothing off limits have this guy running

It’s sad situation bro. But the older women get the more desperate they become. I can also see it from your mums side. Atleast he is muslim and it could be much worse. Sometimes we just have to accept the bare minimum for our loved ones and look at the bigger picture. Give her distance and dont let her use you as an excuse if things don’t work out

ReyRey

Brummie born & bred
You are man of the house now. Take control of your womenfolk. I don't care if you have to tie her up on her wedding day.

Logic jumps out of the window the moment women become emotional. So, it's your job to save her from the despicable future she's gonna have if she marries that bum.

I suggest you get your boys and go threaten and beat the shit out of that Jamaican. That's what I would do :kanyeshrug:

One last thing. Have gheerah over your women and remember that she can't Islamicly marry that man without your consent, since your father died and you are the only remaining male figure in your household.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
So my sister is getting married this weekend and I'm officially not invited. She's marrying this Jamaican dude who recently reverted and that she met at work, and I kid you not - but she's paying for her own wedding. Thats what made me so pissed off. She's getting married not only to an ajnabi, she's getting married without a mehr, and is actually paying all her wedding expenses out of her own pocket.

I tried to stop this madness. But my hooyo seems desperate to send her daughter off since she's getting too old, and seems to be more concerned with sending her daughter off to any man thats willing to marry her. My abo passed away three years ago of diabetes, his last words was to look out for my sisters.

I'm conflicted because on the one hand I don't want to make her wedding about me, and my feelings. Its her big day, and truthfully I don't have anything against the Jamaican dude. My only issue is how fast everything has transpired with virtually no checks and balances, how she's financing her own big day all by herself with absolutely no contributions from the guy who's suppose to be paying. Is mehr a Somali-only thing?

Anyways, me and my sister had an argument today about driving her to town to get her fitting done. I had plans with my boys and didn't anything to do with her pre-festivities so I digressed. She went on telling me how I'm not a decent brother and how she doesn't even want me to come to her wedding. I fell silent in total fustration. Did she think proper brotherly conduct meant bending the knee and dancing playfully along with everything she wants to do in life, even if its rational? Why do our women blame us for being to protective over them and when we don't we're also blamed for being enablers of gender based violence against them.

In short, I really miss my Abo. And my sister's wedding is fast approaching. I don't have an outfit either cause I really haven't been planning to go.

No Mehr is a problem. If he is a revert, why was he not informed of his Islamic obligations. Unless u r over dramatizing this. either way my condolences to your feelings of depression.

1594306709964.png

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
She's a grown woman. Let her do her thing, you already lost the fight. Women will do what they want regardless and just know that she will blame you when things go wrong.

You've done your bit now let her live with the consequences of her actions, whatever they may be.

:manny:

all of you seem totally unbothered by the fact that I mentioned that she was PAYING FOR HER OWN WEDDING. Is that normal? Since when do women pay for their own wedding? All of it.

Prettymuslim94

A man trying to be successful
all of you seem totally unbothered by the fact that I mentioned that she was PAYING FOR HER OWN WEDDING. Is that normal? Since when do women pay for their own wedding? All of it.
Do a background check on him or get someone to. He sounds suspicious.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Yes it is normal in the west for a bride to pay for her wedding. In India , the brides familys pays the wedding bills & the mehr. If she can afford, go for it. She is a go getter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending