My Somali friend is marrying an ajnabi. I'm cutting him off and disowning him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you, 12?
What kind of "disowns" their friend if they marry an ajnabi?
What do you care? You're not their father, bismillah :gucciwhat:

He asked me to be his "best man". I told him i'll think about it because he's marrying an ajnabi.

If he's asking me to be his "best man", which is a huge honour, I have a right to display my anger towards him. I'm an integral part of the wedding.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
He asked me to be his "best man". I told him i'll think about it because he's marrying an ajnabi.

If he's asking me to be his "best man", which is a huge honour, I have a right to display my anger towards him. I'm an integral part of the wedding.
Wow.
How much ciil and bitterness does one person have to have to shun a friend that offered you a position like that?

And over something that isn't your business? Perhaps it's best that you cut this guy off, he'll be better off without a busybody snooping around his affairs and getting emotional about what women he chooses to marry.
Do you have a crush on this guy or something?

CrazedOpal

The Saqajaan™
The fact that he's marrying an ajnabi can't really be the only reason you're cutting him off.
Imagine a House of cards, there's alot of cards on top of other cards.. Like a house. It's a very fragile house and anything can make the house disintegrate. A little blow of the wind can make the card fall into pieces, or alternatively: Another card is added and the house can't handle it anymore and it falls down. It's a house no more.

My point with this example is your friend may have annoyed you or hurt you and all that hurt make the house of cards bigger and bigger, then hearing about his marriage was the final card that made all the other cards fall down. Your issue with your friends marriage is a symptom of much bigger issues sxb.

DeadStar

I dare u to show yourself.
One of my best Somali friends is marrying an ajnabi chick. I was shocked when he first revealed to me that he was looking to tie the knot with her.

His wedding day is coming up, and I told him I will not attend due to him marrying an ajnabi. I told him that I'm cutting him off and disowning him as a friend if he decides to go through and marry this woman. I told him he still has time to reconsider and dump her. He was angry and said to me if I don't attend, I'm not a true friend. We were friends since childhood.

What do you guys think I should do? I'm on the fence about attending his wedding but I'm not sure I will talk to him ever again after the wedding.
I liked you at first. But now you’re on my list. You the kind of Nigga that will cut ties with your father for marrying another woman.

If I was this guy of yours I would’ve cut you off coz I would’ve suspected you to be a . SMPLE!

Wow.
How much ciil and bitterness does one person have to have to shun a friend that offered you a position like that?

And over something that isn't your business? Perhaps it's best that you cut this guy off, he'll be better off without a busybody snooping around his affairs and getting emotional about what women he chooses to marry.
Do you have a crush on this guy or something?

No, I consider him family. I don't agree with marrying out. Simple.

The fact that he's marrying an ajnabi can't really be the only reason you're cutting him off.
Imagine a House of cards, there's alot of cards on top of other cards.. Like a house. It's a very fragile house and anything can make the house disintegrate. A little blow of the wind can make the card fall into pieces, or alternatively: Another card is added and the house can't handle it anymore and it falls down. It's a house no more.

My point with this example is your friend may have annoyed you or hurt you and all that hurt make the house of cards bigger and bigger, then hearing about his marriage was the final card that made all the other cards fall down. Your issue with your friends marriage is a symptom of much bigger issues sxb.

I don't agree with and I'm against marrying out. He knows my position on this. It's fine for him to marry out but I won't be his friend no longer.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
He feels sad, but it's his choice. I don't think I will be his "best man" at his wedding. I will have to tell him this week.
Good on him.
At the very least, you seem to have handled this as maturely as possible, the worst way to handle it being passive-aggressive in your words and actions.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
What would you do in this situation?
What, if my Somali friend married an ajnabi?
I wouldn't pry or take issue with it, because it's his life and his relationship.
I, his friend, am completely separate from his relationship with his soon-to-be wife, and all I would do would be to congratulate him and be happy for him.

What, if my Somali friend married an ajnabi?
I wouldn't pry or take issue with it, because it's his life and his relationship.
I, his friend, am completely separate from his relationship with his soon-to-be wife, and all I would do would be to congratulate him and be happy for him.

I disagree. That's the worst advice I've gotten so far from this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts