My experience of modern day somali Guur part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So? Plenty of men who loves educated, beautiful 30 year old women, why marry a Somali guy just to babysit him like he's your child.

Right keep pushing narratives :nvjpqts:

I agree, we shouldn't complain about meher no matter how delusional because it makes us look pathetic. There's nothing to gain from the argument. Fact remains that there are a disproportionate number of single Somali women. Singledom is entirely a unilateral problem in our community.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Right keep pushing narratives :nvjpqts:

I agree, we shouldn't complain about meher no matter how delusional because it makes us look pathetic. There's nothing to gain from the argument. Fact remains that there are a disproportionate number of single Somali women. Singledom is entirely a unilateral problem in our community.

Plenty of single, 30 year old women who are getting engaged to younger men. It's only a problem when the guy is illiterate and ignorant. Educated men actually prefer women close to their age. Meher price is only a problem when it's a broke nigga.

Nomad2054

There is nothing permanent except change.
Somali men always crying about Meher, if you wanted a cheap woman go back to Africa and give her 100 dollars meher. No educated girl will accept such insult as 5k for Meher. Stop crying, take a loan if you have to and marry her or leave her be. Her mother is right, she raised her daughter, put her through school and she will not let a man who doesn't suit her take her for 5k. Are you out of your mind? Stay in your hooyo's house if you can't pay Meher. Always calcaaling about Meher price.

is there no middle ground between 30k+ and 100 dollars i mean hot danm, but Reiko i didnt expect anything less from you, always finding a way to take hit at the enemy faraxs position.

:drakelaugh::ulyin:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
is there no middle ground between 30k+ and 100 dollars i mean hot danm, but Reiko i didnt expect anything less from you, always finding a way to take hit at the enemy faraxs position.

I'm being honest. I've never seen Somali men complain about Meher in real life. I know plenty of girls who asked for 17k, 12k and even 23k Meher. I know a guy who paid off his wife's 70k student loan. And he still managed to buy her a house and give her a big wedding.

Or maybe I don't know broke niggas in real life and if they complain about Meher.:manny:

No matter what don't ever pay more than $8000 meher and $8000 wedding I didn't accomplish my good well paying career to please this women I didn't do this for them I did it for me!!! Stop being daciif and find a woman less materialistic!

Nomad2054

OP you have my respect. I don't have that kind of patience. The moment she asked to raise it I would have exited with my pride and dignity.

I'll never bid on her like an ebay listing

after years of messing about i made my mind up to stick to one women, i thought if i cant handle the negotiations how am i suppose to handle future issues.

Nomad2054

I'm being honest. I've never seen Somali men complain about Meher in real life. I know plenty of girls who asked for 17k, 12k and even 23k Meher. I know a guy who paid off his wife's 70k student loan. And he still managed to buy her a house and give her a big wedding.

Or maybe I don't know broke niggas in real life and if they complain about Meher.:manny:

laa Ilaaha IlAllah ilAllah what kind of incel was that hot danm, aight then Reiko i am a broke ass nigga.

:mjlol::damn::russ:

Plenty of single, 30 year old women who are getting engaged to younger men. It's only a problem when the guy is illiterate and ignorant. Educated men actually prefer women close to their age. Meher price is only a problem when it's a broke nigga.

Yeah, true. But the problem with that is that most guys with their head on tend to be married by then. And if as you say he is not a 'broke nigga', the ball is definitely in his court at that age. He has more options than you at that point. Far from impossible or unheard of, but you have to acknowledge it as a disadvantage.

And plenty of women? In raw numbers, sure. Statistically very few.

Nomad2054

He's a dentist with his own private practice. Say mashallah.

thats good on that brother Masha Allah he put them pockets to work, let see if he can deliver on the other things that matter.

ill let you in on a secret Reiko men who pay dont play. :lolbron:

Emily

🥰🥰🥰
VIP
you are speaking from a females point of view men dont dream about marriage from the ages of 12 if that was the case i wouldnt have had this issue.

:samwelcome:
I said 18. You wouldn’t get embarrassed if you had some money in the bank.
Save up niggas and stop complaining

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Bro wtf.

If this true fam than I guess it wasn’t meant to be.

I only became familiar with this topic of mehr during winter. I didn’t know it was like this. If you would have asked me before I learned about mehr if I would pay a chick thousands of dollars to marry her I would have said “f*ck no!!”

Now niggas got to worry about mother’s like this.

These mehr disscusions just make me more interested in marrying a non Muslim and just converting them.

I would have told the mother, naayaa I am not marrying you I am marrying your daughter. I give 5k. The rest of the money both of us will use. I am not trying to impress strangers who don't give a shit about us. I will spend more on our honeymoon then the wedding because the honeymoon is for us. We will put the rest in our savings. I will remind the mother of the word WE not what THEY think of us.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
we got school to worry about, bills to take care of. Hobbies that we want to do and etc.

I haven’t met one Somali dude my age or around my age legit talking about saving up for mehr and a wedding. Most of us are more focused on passing our classes and just hanging out whenever we have free time from school.

Plus the ones that do work most work only part time. Since their in school. Part time money usually goes to gas, food, some of my friends help with bills at home, and other miscellaneous things like video games, saving up to buy a car, and etc.

Niggas are trying to live life and have a good time and survive with some of the money they earn rn.
Why do you Somalians complain about wedding costs? How hard is it to save up and split the cost:umwhat:
And if it’s a cultural thing for the men to pay for the wedding then niggas should start saving up by the time they hit 18 and get married in their mid 20s-early 30s

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
The chick was happy with 5k. Why the need to raise it. If she was indeed happy with 5k.
Somali men always crying about Meher, if you wanted a cheap woman go back to Africa and give her 100 dollars meher. No educated girl will accept such insult as 5k for Meher. Stop crying, take a loan if you have to and marry her or leave her be. Her mother is right, she raised her daughter, put her through school and she will not let a man who doesn't suit her take her for 5k. Are you out of your mind? Stay in your hooyo's house if you can't pay Meher. Always calcaaling about Meher price.

This thread is making me stress about what my future husband will say. I don’t mind if I don’t get my mehr right away it could be 1 year after, god forbid divorce or 10 years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.