My experience of modern day somali Guur part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomad2054

There is nothing permanent except change.
after years of playing in the mud i had finally made a conscious choice to get my act together, get serious about life and find a wife whom to share a xalaal life with.

short time after i found a woman who fit my ideals, she was educated, hard working, cultured and modern. After months of talking the girl fell head over heals for me and caught feeling for her. we talked about our future life together and since she had a job she insisted she would help me out with the costs and i agreed.

my new life could only be described as a dream until her parents came into the picture, our parents knew each other from the kacaan era and we are related but unknown to me our fathers hated each other, so we decided to go with our mothers for our affairs.

the girls mother welcomed me with open arms and stated several times that she would help us with anything, she treated me like her son and i saw her as my own mother.

when time for the meher came the girls mothers asked me to pay10k dollars meher on the spot plus another 10k on gold since her daughter was educated. i respectfully decline and instead said i could only afford to pay 5k for the meher and buy gold worth 5k.

after going forth and back my offer was accepted and me and the girl got our meher, i was so happy because i had fulfilled 50% of my diin, and me and my new wife agreed we wouldnt do anything before the wedding night.

the girl and i had several discussion about our wedding and what it would cost we agreed 10k would be enough, until the girl had a talk with her mother who said nothing less than 20k would do.

all hell broke lose my mother and the girls mother broke relations still we continued our relationship, short time after the girls parents started pushing to call off our meher and choose one of several men they had wanted her to marry instead.

i got so pissed and decided to call the girls mother up and talk to her myself, she said eedo i can give you 6 month to a gather the 20k, to which i replied i couldnt possible save up that much in such a short time.

while the girl was seated next to her she said eedo i need you to let my daughter go, by then i was done with this family but i had never divorced anyone before so i didnt know the words to say, the mother said the words out loud and i repeated after her and the meher was over.

Last edited:

Nomad2054

this should have been the end of it right?? well then why is this only part 1?? :ftw9nwa: you will see be patient!!

:ayaanswag:

mrlog

VIP
inna lilaaahi
Can only imagine how much they would’ve quoted u for the aroos ka bax aka honeymoon.
Manz only got 20cad saved up.
Dat means after Meher, dahab and aroos i’d be broke.
:jcoleno::jcoleno:

World

VIP
What’s wrong with Somali parents?

It should be easy for Somalis to marry but no, they want to make it as hard as possible.

Living in this hedonistic, immoral 99.99 % non Somali society(and a bit more muslims), her parents should be overjoyed that a decent Somali brother is going to marry her daughter. But then she has to ruin it. Now what will she do if her daughter runs away with a non Somali kaafir and has a baby out of wedlock?

Ridiculous

Nomad2054

inna lilaaahi
Can only imagine how much they would’ve quoted u for the aroos ka bax aka honeymoon.
Manz only got 20cad saved up.
Dat means after Meher, dahab and aroos i’d be broke.
:jcoleno::jcoleno:

exactly if i had paid everything they asked for there would be no money for honeymoon and we would be sharing an apartment with plastic chairs and an inflatable bed. wallahi some somali mothers are out of their minds.

:noneck:

Nomad2054

What’s wrong with Somali parents?

It should be easy for Somalis to marry but no, they want to make it as hard as possible.

Living in this hedonistic, immoral 99.99 % non Somali society(and a bit more muslims), her parents should be overjoyed that a decent Somali brother is going to marry her daughter. But then she has to ruin it. Now what will she do if her daughter runs away with a non Somali kaafir and has a baby out of wedlock?

Ridiculous

the mighty dollar trumps anything islamic now adays bro.
:snoop:

after years of playing in the mud i had finally made a conscious choice to get my act together, get serious about life and find a wife whom to share a xalaal life with.

short time after i found a woman who fit my ideals, she was educated, hard working, cultured and modern. After months of talking the girl fell head over heals for me and caught feeling for her. we talked about our future life together and since she had a job she insisted she would help me out with the costs and i agreed.

my new life could only be described as a dream until her parents came into the picture, our parents knew each other from the kacaan era and we are related but unknown to me our fathers hated each other, so we decided to go with our mothers for our affairs.

the girls mother welcomed me with open arms and stated several times that she would help us with anything, she treated me like her son and i saw her as my own mother.

when time for the meher came the girls mothers asked me to pay10k dollars meher on the spot plus another 10k on gold since her daughter was educated. i respectfully decline and instead said i could only afford to pay 5k for the meher and buy gold worth 5k.

after going forth and back my offer was accepted and me and the girl got our meher, i was so happy because i had fulfilled 50% of my diin, and me and my new wife agreed we wouldnt do anything before the wedding night.

the girl and i had several discussion about our wedding and what it would cost we agreed 10k would be enough, until the girl had a talk with her mother who said nothing less than 20k would do.

all hell broke lose my mother and the girls mother broke relations still we continued our relationship, short time after the girls parents started pushing to call off our meher and choose one of several men they had wanted her to marry instead.

i got so pissed and decided to call the girls mother up and talk to her myself, she said eedo i can give you 6 month to a gather the 20k, to which i replied i couldnt possible save up that much in such a short time.

while the girl was seated next to her she said eedo i need you to let my daughter go, by then i was done with this family but i had never divorced anyone before so i didnt know the words to say, the mother said the words out loud and i repeated after her and the meher was over.
Who gets the Mehr money?

Status
Not open for further replies.