Move out or stay with your parents?

Would you move out or stay with your parents?

• move out

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • stay

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • It depends on the situation

Votes: 16 37.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
It differs from person to person but i really wanna know if you guys think it's better to move out or stay with your parents. If you think moving out is the best option feel free to tell me at what age and pros/cons.

r u crazy??? if u can stay with your parents I highly recommend it. U get dua from helping them out an u save money on rent. Yes u r sacrificing your adult time, but u can get away from the entire weekend with friends. :)

Wardheere

Qolana Janno qolana naar
Stay with your parents and hell them instead of being a parasite at home.

I never had the opportunity to stay at my family home with my parents more than a month since i was 15.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
I'm moving out when I am ready to marry. Until then I see no point.
Move out sxb. Become independent. I moved out at the age of 19. But stay in touch with your parents daily.
My dad moved out when he was 15. No wonder you're such an oday.
:mjlol:

Moving out isn’t for everyone and if you think you’ve the funds (job) to pay all your expenses, can share a place with strangers of many different characters, cook and clean, then it will prepare you well for life outside your family home. There will be days, you’ve to live on noodles or cereals and other days, you’ve to cook chicken teriyaki to impress your new date. I’ve developed many great friendships while sharing homes with others and some were people I would never like to meet them again. In general, it has been a great experience for me.

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP
I will go against the grain and say enjoy your time with your parents since you're still young. You never know how long you'll have together in this world. Plus you can save up quite a bit living at home provided you don't live beyond your means since you wont be paying rent/utilities/groceries/etc. The trick is to live like a student even when you're not one anymore.

As long as you're helping out with bills and around the house there's nothing wrong with staying at home while you're in school. For myself I moved out to attend Uni in a different city and stayed there post-grad. I moved out of necessity but not just for the sake of moving out.

Only move out with a clear plan, either to get higher education to advance in your field or if you get a good job opportunity in a different city/state.

Last edited:
Moving out isn’t for everyone and if you think you’ve the funds (job) to pay all your expenses, can share a place with strangers of many different characters, cook and clean, then it will prepare you well for life outside your family home. There will be days, you’ve to live on noodles or cereals and other days, you’ve to cook chicken teriyaki to impress your new date. I’ve developed many great friendships while sharing homes with others and some were people I would never like to meet them again. In general, it has been a great experience for me.
I could never do house sharing with others. Hell even my closest friend when he moved in with me it was so hard that he had to move out for us to be friends.

I could never do house sharing with others. Hell even my closest friend when he moved in with me it was so hard that he had to move out for us to be friends.

Gooney

It isn’t for everyone. I’ve shared a house with a good friend of mine and voted with other two (4 of us) to be kicked out of the house because he didn’t want to do his share of the cleaning. He couldn’t even wash his own plate, utensils and cup. He took all his dishes home saying, Hooyadeey ayaan u geeyn and whose gonna clean the kitchen and bathroom? He used to say, ‘we have different standards of cleanliness.’ He was the laziest man I ever met.

RICH

The Qadr of Allaah ta’aala is always in our favor.
If there is no need to move out then just stay at home when you’re still in college, laakin after college I do think you should move out. Just for the sake of learning how to manage everything in life without any help of your parents. I also think it’s good to live on your own first before you get married. It’s a good way to get more life experience and to get to know yourself better.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Not the same at all. Sharing a flat means you have to pay rent and utilities which requires advanced form of budgetting. Living at home is usually for free, people living with their parents don't pay rent.
I do.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
When I lived at home I used to help with the bills as well. You can not work and not give your parents any money. Ceeb.
I can move out right now, but I wanna make sure my sister has a good job first. Then, her and I can help hooyo, who can definitely fend for her, to make her life easier.

As for being ready. Honestly, I have thousands of dollars saved. I barely go out. No one does my chores, I clean my room, do my laundry. I pick up groceries from time to time, and have been taught to cook since middle school. I'm set the moment I move out tbh. It's not that serious.

And when I get a manager position, I'm definitely set up to move out.

Gooney

It isn’t for everyone. I’ve shared a house with a good friend of mine and voted with other two (4 of us) to be kicked out of the house because he didn’t want to do his share of the cleaning. He couldn’t even wash his own plate, utensils and cup. He took all his dishes home saying, Hooyadeey ayaan u geeyn and whose gonna clean the kitchen and bathroom? He used to say, ‘we have different standards of cleanliness.’ He was the laziest man I ever met.
Exact same thing happened with my childhood friend. We known each other for 15 years and I feel we really got to know each other when we moved together. Because it was my place he treated it like oh well its not my place so I can chill. After a while everything annoyed me. Things like making cup of tea and not putting the milk back in the fridge. Taking a shower and not drying the floor after you. It drove me mad.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Exact same thing happened with my childhood friend. We known each other for 15 years and I feel we really got to know each other when we moved together. Because it was my place he treated it like oh well its not my place so I can chill. After a while everything annoyed me. Things like making cup of tea and not putting the milk back in the fridge. Taking a shower and not drying the floor after you. It drove me mad.
Yeah... I ain't moving with someone. I'm definitely moving alone lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts