Mogadishu and Adal controlled Madagascar [proof]

Garaad diinle

 
That man who was with Ibn Battuta was a friend
We don't know much about the Somali maritime history because the Somalis were not a nation that writes, so all we have is the writings of people about us, and they are not clear, frankly.
Okay wathayo now you realy pulling my leg. I realy didn't wanna share this book since it's not
very flattering to somalis but whatever. In ابن المجاور book called تاريخ المستبصر he clearly speaks of not only people of berbera meaning somalis most likely from the north but also could mean anywhere from somalis after all the land of berber began from zayla and ended roughly speaking according to arab sailers in al-jub that is gobwayn. That's where jubbaland comes from al jub is what arab called the now in ruines port of gob and in english juba.

As i was saying ابن المجاور was speaking of traders of berbera and mogadishu alike coming to aden for trade in the monsoons with ships otherwise how do you think they made it to aden by a sea taxi maybe?

In regards to ibn batuta you can find and read the book for free. Tell you what i'll even help you out and provide you with an exert so that you may better convince me otherwise cause i'm not buying

the 'That man who was with Ibn Battuta was a friend'

فوصلت بعد عشرة أيام إلى جزائر ذيبة المهل، ونزلت منها بكلنوس. فأكرمني واليها عبد العزيز المقدوشاوي وأضافني وجهز لي كندرة

meaning

And then i arrived after ten dayes to the island of div mal 'which is upside down mal div' and i
arrived to baklnos, Abdulaziz Al maqdishawi it's governer treated me and invited me and gave me a kandara.

Mogadishu also had a heavy trade between them and maldiv/kerela. In the bok رحلة ابن بطوطة ibn batuta writes the following

وبعث إلي خمساً من الغنم، وهي عزيزة عندهم، لأنها مجلوبة من المعبر والمليبار ومقدشو

meaning

Then he gave me five sheeps which is realy valuable to them since it's brought from Al Ma'bar Malabar and Mogadishu.

In another passage he writes

وأكثرهم يغتسلون مرتين في اليوم تنظفاً لشدة الحر بها، وآثرة العرق. ويكثرون من الأدهان العطرية آالصندلية وغيرها، ويتلطخون بالغالية المجلوبة من مقدشو

meaning

Most of them bath two times a day due to the heat and sweat. They also use in excess oily perfumes of al sandaliya for the body and other things, and they anoint them self with the very expensive of them brought from mogadishu.

One more thing to note that researchers found out that some decorarion of one of the masjids found in mogadishu and kilwa in the 13th century were both brought from gujurat. So southern somalia were trading with the swahili coast, maldives, northern india, iran and aden.

Last edited:

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
The northerners were better sailors than the south The Romans and Arabs mentioned them before the south, where most of the sailors were Arabs
The Hijaz and Yemen literally lived on what came to it from Berber and Zeila
So don't talk like you were better. We have songs about Somali sailors going to India in the fourteenth century, and they're in several languages. So don't try
you still havent provided me proof that people were singing about somali traders?

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
Okay wathayo now you realy pulling my leg. I realy didn't wanna share this book since it's not
very flattering to somalis but whatever. In ابن المجاور book called تاريخ المستبصر he clearly speaks of not only people of berbera meaning somalis most likely from the north but also could mean anywhere from somalis after all the land of berber began from zayla and ended roughly speaking according to arab sailers in al-jub that is gobwayn. That's where jubbaland comes from al jub is what arab called the now in ruines port of gob and in english juba.

As i was saying ابن المجاور was speaking of traders of berbera and mogadishu alike coming to aden for trade in the monsoons with ships otherwise how do you think they made it to aden by a sea taxi maybe?

In regards to ibn batuta you can find and read the book for free. Tell you what i'll even help you out and provide you with an exert so that you may better convince me otherwise cause i'm not buying

the 'That man who was with Ibn Battuta was a friend'

فوصلت بعد عشرة أيام إلى جزائر ذيبة المهل، ونزلت منها بكلنوس. فأكرمني واليها عبد العزيز المقدوشاوي وأضافني وجهز لي كندرة

meaning

And then i arrived after ten dayes to the island of div mal 'which is upside down mal div' and i
arrived to baklnos, Abdulaziz Al maqdishawi it's governer treated me and invited me and gave me a kandara.

Mogadishu also had a heavy trade between them and maldiv/kerela. In the bok رحلة ابن بطوطة ibn batuta writes the following

وبعث إلي خمساً من الغنم، وهي عزيزة عندهم، لأنها مجلوبة من المعبر والمليبار ومقدشو

meaning

Then he gave me five sheeps which is realy valuable to them since it's brought from Al Ma'bar Malabar and Mogadishu.

In another passage he writes

وأكثرهم يغتسلون مرتين في اليوم تنظفاً لشدة الحر بها، وآثرة العرق. ويكثرون من الأدهان العطرية آالصندلية وغيرها، ويتلطخون بالغالية المجلوبة من مقدشو

meaning

Most of them bath two times a day due to the heat and sweat. They also use in excess oily perfumes of al sandaliya for the body and other things, and they anoint them self with the very expensive of them brought from mogadishu.

One more thing to note that researchers found out that some decorarion of one of the masjids found in mogadishu and kilwa in the 13th century were both brought from gujurat. So southern somalia were trading with the swahili coast, maldives, northern india, iran and aden.
he is man that just want to hate the minute he hears Mogadishu

The only reason u guys were mentioned is coz u were close 💀 and u guys didnt go to the Roman's they came to u
He is telling the truth. The northern city states have an older maritime history than the south. The Greek, Arabs, and Romans went all the way to Tanzania, but the earliest documents talk more about the red sea and gulf of aden trade that included frankincense, myrrh, cinnamon, etc. Ask yourself how was Opone, in Hafun the centre of the cinnamon trade and we do not even grow cinnamon. We were great sailors. My northern ancestors in Punt were also mentioned by the ancient Egyptians and we traded many things with them that wouldn't be possible unless we were voyagers.

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
He is telling the truth. The northern city states have an older maritime history than the south. The Greek, Arabs, and Romans went all the way to Tanzania, but the earliest documents talk more about the red sea and gulf of aden trade that included frankincense, myrrh, cinnamon, etc. Ask yourself how was Opone, in Hafun the centre of the cinnamon trade and we do not even grow cinnamon. We were great sailors. My northern ancestors in Punt were also mentioned by the ancient Egyptians and we traded many things with them that wouldn't be possible unless we were voyagers.
i mean at that time somalis were all living in the north

i mean at that time somalis were all living in the north
Not quite, the Romans mention the city of Sarapion in the south which is situated around Xamar.

"Beyond Opone, the shore trending more toward the south, first there are the small and great bluffs of Azania; this coast is destitute of harbors, but there are places where ships can lie at anchor, the shore being abrupt; and this course is of six days, the direction being south-west. Then come the small and great beach for another six days' course and after that in order, the Courses of Azania, the first being called Sarapion and the next Nico"

No mention of any commerce.

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
Not quite, the Romans mention the city of Sarapion in the south which is situated around Xamar.

"Beyond Opone, the shore trending more toward the south, first there are the small and great bluffs of Azania; this coast is destitute of harbors, but there are places where ships can lie at anchor, the shore being abrupt; and this course is of six days, the direction being south-west. Then come the small and great beach for another six days' course and after that in order, the Courses of Azania, the first being called Sarapion and the next Nico"

No mention of any commerce.
hunter gather lived there not Somalis

Based

VIP
The fact that the portuguese mistook the savage, primitive island of Madagascar as Mogadishu is quite ceeb :jcoleno: we need to stop bringing this up for own sake…

hunter gather lived there not Somalis
Sarapion isn't that old, hunter gatherers don't build a port and town.

Two days' sail beyond, there lies the very last market-town of the continent of Azania, which is called Rhapta; which has its name from the sewed boats (rhapton ploiarion) already mentioned; in which there is ivory in great quantity, and tortoise-shell. Along this coast live men of piratical habits, very great in stature, and under separate chiefs for each place. The Mapharitic chief governs it under some ancient right that subjects it to the sovereignty of the state that is become first in Arabia. And the people of Muza now hold it under his authority, and send thither many large ships, using Arab captains and agents, who are familiar with the natives and intermarry with them, and who know the whole coast and understand the language.

Below the Somalis was the marketplace of Rhapta, in modern day Tanzania which was being populated by Arabs and Bantu. They seem to be more prosperous than the southern Somali cities.

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
Sarapion isn't that old, hunter gatherers don't build a port and town.

Two days' sail beyond, there lies the very last market-town of the continent of Azania, which is called Rhapta; which has its name from the sewed boats (rhapton ploiarion) already mentioned; in which there is ivory in great quantity, and tortoise-shell. Along this coast live men of piratical habits, very great in stature, and under separate chiefs for each place. The Mapharitic chief governs it under some ancient right that subjects it to the sovereignty of the state that is become first in Arabia. And the people of Muza now hold it under his authority, and send thither many large ships, using Arab captains and agents, who are familiar with the natives and intermarry with them, and who know the whole coast and understand the language.

Below the Somalis was the marketplace of Rhapta, in modern day Tanzania which was being populated by Arabs and Bantu. They seem to be more prosperous than the southern Somali cities.
my forefather sacad's grave is in ogaden it doesnt make sense that we lived in the south at that time

This man hates us so much (Isaaq)😂
This is not real and just an obsession to make himself like the great peoples. The Malays got there because they are great sailors Although we are closer to there Africans are not good sailors
Soon these nationalists will claim Yemen as theirs
I think it's more because anyone who was capable of it either had no access to the coast, inter-tribal conflicts or no incentive, desire or means to conquer other people