Mismeasurement of the Somali

Abkaal

Mudug menaces don't mince their words
Guys, I think with all of the info presented in this thread we can safely assume that the Somali IQ is at least 90. There's no other way to account for the scores presented here. An IQ of around 90 is respectable and puts us in good company with countries like Turkey, Greece and the Balkans.

I read about the Washington Somalis and their average IQ came out as 91.99.

Abkaal

Mudug menaces don't mince their words
Interesting. Can u please provide a link?

I read it a year or so ago but i got a screenshot it may not be clear but it is the only screenshot i have :cosbyhmm:
WashIQ.png

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
@World @jugjugwacwac we can now assume that malnutrition/disease load in Somalia is a huge problem, and that raising food/health/water sanitation standards will give us a huge leg up. This should basically be the only function of Somali governments. States should be focusing on feeding children until physical maturity and providing health services like deworming. Infrastructure investment should be focused on delivering clean water and sewerage services to as many towns as possible.

The future economic gains from this kind of activity basically blows all other kinds of gov investment out of the water. Raising the average iq of your population by 20 points will mean that the problems will solve themselves in the future.

@World @jugjugwacwac we can now assume that malnutrition/disease load in Somalia is a huge problem, and that raising food/health/water sanitation standards will give us a huge leg up. This should basically be the only function of Somali governments. States should be focusing on feeding children until physical maturity and providing health services like deworming. Infrastructure investment should be focused on delivering clean water and sewerage services to as many towns as possible.

The future economic gains from this kind of activity basically blows all other kinds of gov investment out of the water. Raising the average iq of your population by 20 points will mean that the problems will solve themselves in the future.

Absolutely. The genetic potential is there, but the environmental factors that are impeding it need to be addressed.

I'm just worried that these environmental factors, like poor nutrition, are having epigenetic consequences at the group level, which will then prove to have dysgenic effects on subsequent generations.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
I'm just worried that these environmental factors, like poor nutrition, are having epigenetic consequences at the group level, which will then prove to have dysgenic effects on subsequent generations.

It actually happened to the Irish. The potato famine hit them hard, having a massive dysgenic effect. As a result, the average IQ in Ireland today is 93.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Absolutely. The genetic potential is there, but the environmental factors that are impeding it need to be addressed.

I'm just worried that these environmental factors, like poor nutrition, are having epigenetic consequences at the group level, which then will prove to have dysgenic effects on subsequent generations.
Poor nutrition in Somalia isn't necessarily a new phenomenon, but a dysgenic trend might be a problem especially with the growing number of bantus that might permanently change genetic integrity of ethnic somalis and the demographics of the country. Theres only one solution, a migration from the diaspora back to Somalia. We know the genetic potential of Somalis, we can't just sit comfortably in our armchairs in the west and not contribute back to the homeland

Poor nutrition in Somalia isn't necessarily a new phenomenon, but a dysgenic trend might be a problem especially with the growing number of bantus that might permanently change genetic integrity of ethnic somalis and the demographics of the country. Theres only one solution, a migration from the diaspora back to Somalia. We know the genetic potential of Somalis, we can't just sit comfortably in our armchairs in the west and not contribute back to the homeland

Agreed. I know u dabble in pro-MJ and pro-Puntland fadhi-ku-dirir here and there. Do these positive findings about Somali intelligence somehow make u believe more in Somalinimo and the futility of qabiil? Honest question.

My impression with absolutely no data behind it: Somalis have other problems, but innate intelligence is not one of them. Many are linguistic geniuses. The kids I taught even in remote Jilib had IQs way above 68.

There has to have been something wrong with the testing. Something like cultural bias....

Last edited:

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
A 2018 update to this thread for anyone interested. The numbers of students taking the tes are way down from 2016 and 2017, these results are are less reliable than before.

EoVvLJM.png

Always good to keep in mind that Minnesota is ranked 5 out of 50 states with an average iq of ~104.

My impression with absolutely no data behind it: Somalis have other problems, but innate intelligence is not one of them. Many are linguistic geniuses. The kids I taught even in remote Jilib had IQs way above 68.

There has to have been something wrong with the testing. Something like cultural bias....
@Factz he said something positive

I have noticed many self-haters throw around "68 IQ" as a joke which isn't even true.

So I have to revive this thread.

I have noticed many self-haters throw around "68 IQ" as a joke which isn't even true.

So I have to revive this thread.

:noneck:Bruh, the "68 IQ" figure is nothing but a meme. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Anybody who takes this seriously is 68 IQ themselves.

Trending