Misconceptions About America

Status
Not open for further replies.
C7H8mCYV0AAJw-S.jpg

:mjlol:

Must be something in the water

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
:williamswtf: How does that even work? You bite through the crust and get that subdad-turned-saliid all up in your mouth. Not even some macmacaan up in there? Suddenly Scotland's fried Mars bars don't seem outrageous at all.
Apparently they get butter, coat it in some breading, and then deep fry it :manny:
800px-Deep-fried_butter_at_State_Fair_of_Texas_2010.jpg

It looks like the inside of someone's head :hova:
giphy.gif

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
How are Somalis treated by the various different ethnic groups in the new world?
Depends, really. Where I lived the worst Somali people got was some racism by whites (the landlord in my old neighborhood comes to mind) but for the most part but it wasn't too bad. I think a user who lives in San Diego or Minneapolis might give you a clearer answer.
why is florida so ass?
Florida is a complete mystery. :mjkkk:

Depends, really. Where I lived the worst Somali people got was some racism by whites (the landlord in my old neighborhood comes to mind)!but for the most part but it wasn't too bad. I think a user who lives in San Diego or Minneapolis might give you a clearer answer.

Florida is a complete mystery. :mjkkk:

san diego? @VixR

Minneapolis?? @Vision

Are Americans really overly patriotic or is that just a stereotype portrayed by the media? Do you have to recite the pledge/salute the flag etc?

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Are Americans really overly patriotic or is that just a stereotype portrayed by the media? Do you have to recite the pledge/salute the flag etc?

In grade school, every morning we placed our right hands on our hearts and sang the anthem as we faced the flag.

I didn't really see any harm in it:manny:

303917826-national-anthem-respect-course-education-american-culture.jpg

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
Are Americans really overly patriotic or is that just a stereotype portrayed by the media? Do younhave to recite the pledge/salute the flag etc?
It's mostly conservative older white people who are very patriotic, though that's not necessarily set in stone. A level of patriotism exists in a considerable amount of Americans

As for the pledge, pretty much every morning in school we stand up, put a hand over our chest, face the flag that's usually hanging in the classroom, and say the pledge of allegiance, which goes
"I pledge allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America
And to the republic, for which it stands
One nation, under God
Indivisible, with liberty, and justice for all."

They teach you in elementary and from then on you do it until you graduate high school. And yeah, there are flags in front of every government related building, from schools to fire stations to prisons.

It's mostly conservative older white people who are very patriotic, though that's not necessarily set in stone.
As for the pledge, pretty much every morning in school we stand up, put a hand over our chest, face the flag that's usually hanging in the classroom, and say the pledge of allegiance, which goes
One nation, under God
They teach you in elementary and from then on you do it until you graduate high school. And yeah, there are flags in front of every government related building, from schools to fire stations to prisons.

full on indoctrination and you dnt even recognise it

:mjlol:

black

live and let die.
In grade school, every morning we placed our right hands on our hearts and sang the anthem as we faced the flag.

I didn't really see any harm in it:manny:

303917826-national-anthem-respect-course-education-american-culture.jpg
It's mostly conservative older white people who are very patriotic, though that's not necessarily set in stone. A level of patriotism exists in a considerable amount of Americans

One nation, under God

:dead:

The only time I recall hearing our anthem as a kid was during the world cup. I went to a super white Christian school as well. I was literally the only black kid my class

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP

It's not a stereotype.

Flags everywhere, recite the pledge every single day from K-12

Oh believe me I know :russ:
It can be quite sinister when you look into it, but there's not much I can do about it. In some parts of the country the teacher might force you to do it :chrisfreshhah:

thats nuts.

Are you a college student?

Are you completely fucked by the student loans?

I know I am but its treated more of a graduate tax than actual debt here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts