Misconceptions About America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
So I noticed that a lot of users here are from Europe or so, and that sometimes users would ask how this-and-that functioned in America. I figured it couldn't hurt to have a thread about this kind of stuff, and I thought that maybe my fellow American Somalis could help as well. So, ask away.
4f75bf4ae41c75a032e3278811e5ffb0.jpg

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Does the right to bear arms means you have to go around carrying the arms of bears?
Or is it something equally retarded?

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
Why are your blacks so violent?

fbi-arrests-by-race-b.png
Historic poverty is the basis of it really. A history of a denial of equal opportunities, the disastrous War on Drugs that intentionally targeted poor Hispanic and black communities and the often cyclical quality of poverty all have a role. There are more poor blacks than poor whites, and poor blacks usually live in urban areas with more access to crime and a bigger police presence. Your chart denotes arrests so naturally more police equals more arrests. The murder rate on the whole in the United States has fallen steadily from its peak sometime in the 80s, of course there are outliers in metropolitan areas with higher instances of poverty.

To put it simply, there's more crime in poorer, urban areas, and due to the aforementioned circumstances it is usually black people who are caught in these positions. It's not like black people are running amok in every corner of the country killing everyone in sight; this is isolated to cities with poor black communities, and they're usually killing other black members of the community. Most murders are perpetrated by someone the victim knows, after all, regardless of race. In addition, studies have shown that a reduction of poverty shows a reflected reduction in crime. I suggest looking into the works of Lance Hannon for further information
https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=ZfzwxMgAAAAJ&hl=en

Last edited:

black

live and let die.
How do you feel about foreign news outlets? All the mainstream American channels seem so... sensationalised and stereotypical. Sometimes it feels like it's straight out of a movie. I sort of got used to it, but when I first really started paying attention to it, it just seemed ridiculous to me. By no means am I implying European media is any more credible though.

Also can you guys stop deep frying burritos. Caadi iska dhiga fam

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
:ileycry::ileycry::ileycry:
Nacala saliid foqal saliid this is why Americans are so fat :faysalwtf:
I heard that some of them deep-fry sticks of butter also :what:
How do you FRY BUTTER, ya allah :wow:
America is truly a cursed nation :mjkkk:

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
How do you feel about foreign news channels? All the mainstream American channels seem so... sensationalised and stereotypical. Sometimes it feels like it's straight out of a movie. I sort of got used to it, but when I first really started paying attention to it, it just seemed ridiculous to me. By no means am I implying European media is any more credible though.

I'm going to be honest when I say that only relatively recently did I realize just how much sensationalism is present in American news. I mean, I kinda had a clue about it, my hooyo used to watch BBC a lot and as a kid I noticed how relatively toned down the reporting was. I think in America there's always this need to push for "bigness" so that's why you have all these fearmonging news channels pushing their agenda and blowing things up to high extremes. From the outside looking news it seems like foreign news sticks to telling the facts comparatively more than American news.

And alhamdulillah I've never eaten a deep fried burrito but let me tell you that Americans will deep fry the craziest things. :mjlol:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep-fried_butter

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
So I noticed that a lot of users here are from Europe or so, and that sometimes users would ask how this-and-that functioned in America. I figured it couldn't hurt to have a thread about this kind of stuff, and I thought that maybe my fellow American Somalis could help as well. So, ask away.
4f75bf4ae41c75a032e3278811e5ffb0.jpg
Great thread! We can tell them more about America, Land of the Free, home of the brave!

black

live and let die.
:ileycry::ileycry::ileycry:
Nacala saliid foqal saliid this is why Americans are so fat :faysalwtf:
I heard that some of them deep-fry sticks of butter also :what:
How do you FRY BUTTER, ya allah :wow:
America is truly a cursed nation :mjkkk:

:williamswtf: How does that even work? You bite through the crust and get that subdad-turned-saliid all up in your mouth. Not even some macmacaan up in there? Suddenly Scotland's fried Mars bars don't seem outrageous at all.

I'm going to be honest when I say that only relatively recently did I realize just how much sensationalism is present in American news. I mean, I kinda had a clue about it, my hooyo used to watch BBC a lot and as a kid I noticed how relatively toned down the reporting was. I think in America there's always this need to push for "bigness" so that's why you have all these fearmonging news channels pushing their agenda and blowing things up to high extremes. From the outside looking news it seems like foreign news sticks to telling the facts comparatively more than American news.

And alhamdulillah I've never eaten a deep fried burrito but let me tell you that Americans will deep fry the craziest things. :mjlol:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep-fried_butter

I know this is Fox and her own show, but iirc it's still the biggest network in America. I can't believe this was aired. It's unreal no matter how many times I watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts