Mideeye comes out against change of constitution and extension

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Supposedly 2 million he spent. 30k to each MP.

But good look politically. Regardless AaranJaan shouldn’t panic, Deni hasn’t got enough time for direct elections, he hasn’t even completed local elections in Nugaal. He’s likely to want an extension and that’s when they’ll have their best opportunity.

Fighting right now would be a disaster for them and they’d lose any support. Just stall the Garowe elections till time’s up. This round however goes to Deni

He didn't spend shit. He simply got the Islaan of Cumar Maxamud and the Islaan of Ciise to go along with him. Islaanka Ciise Maxamud saw that Faroole was opposed to elections on principle, knowin that he would lose. Islaanka simply put his weight behind Deni.

Deni always had a majority in parliament, and parliament want free & fair elections. He also had the support of the 9 ururs as all 9 have now become parties. No more BS 3 party limit a la idoorland.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
He didn't spend shit. He simply got the Islaan of Cumar Maxamud and the Islaan of Ciise to go along with him. Islaanka Ciise Maxamud saw that Faroole was opposed to elections on principle, knowin that he would lose. Islaanka simply put his weight behind Deni.

Deni always had a majority in parliament, and parliament want free & fair elections. He also had the support of the 9 ururs as all 9 have now become parties. No more BS 3 party limit a la idoorland.
nah he spent 2 million, that’s what the PL insiders are reporting. It isn’t that much tbh for a big vote like this so you should take it as a win.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
nah he spent 2 million, that’s what the PL insiders are reporting. It isn’t that much tbh for a big vote like this so you should take it as a win.
Sure buddy, and he spent 30 million in Mogadishu. Do you even know how much those sums are in Somalia? It's untold wealth in Somalia. People plug thuse figures out of their ass.

Mr Rogers Clown GIF

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Sure buddy, and he spent 30 million in Mogadishu. Do you even know how much those sums are in Somalia? It's untold wealth in Somalia. People plug thuse figures out of their ass.

Mr Rogers Clown GIF
Deni was confirmed to spend 20 million in Xamar election. Minister of Finance handed him PL taxes and aaranjaan subsequently confirmed it.

In fact Deni demanded HSM pay him back last august in their meeting saying I gave u my votes

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Most important change. Aaranjaan can run under Horseed banner as they did compete in the Eyl, Qardho, & Ufeyn elections. Also places a threshold of 5% for a political association to become party instead of setting a number like 3 or 9. I get the sense that Afyare Elmi had input into these changes in the constitution, they are well tailored.

Puntland constitution.png

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Deni was confirmed to spend 20 million in Xamar election. Minister of Finance handed him PL taxes and aaranjaan subsequently confirmed it.

In fact Deni demanded HSM pay him back last august in their meeting saying I gave u my votes
Xayawaankan ayaa doodaa. Deni waxba lagama qaban karo, lama taaban karo ilaa 8 January 2024.

Most important change. Aaranjaan can run under Horseed banner as they did compete in the Eyl, Qardho, & Ufeyn elections. Also places a threshold of 5% for a political association to become party instead of setting a number like 3 or 9. I get the sense that Afyare Elmi had input into these changes in the constitution, they are well tailored.

View attachment 284777
Another important change:

A new permanent election committee will be formed (PEC) as per the amendment made to article 113 of the constitution. The president and the parliament will appoint 3 members each and the 9 political parties will also appoint 1 member.