Markus Ho-ehne Discussion On PL/SL/SSC Conflict

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
I'm aware of USC attacking GK (Nus Qiyamo) I meant the ICU. AY was the president of Puntland before he was become the president of Somalia and feared a Hawiye led ICU would overrun Puntland so like any good elder he brought Ethiopians to destroy ICU creating Al Shabaab and this mess.

AY has taken 2500 soldier with him to Baidaoa they acted little more than AY's body guards.
You wrong here, AY went south cause xamar was in jungle. ICU used to attack ethiopia in media and had war with PL in Mudug in 2004 or 2003.

Main point ICU had many enemy's from their aggressive actions.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
I pointed out the incompetency of Puntland they allowed AS to take a foothold in Galgala and here they are pleading IC for help to solve a problem of their own creation.

Cadde is arguably the worst leader in Puntland history a lot of his mistakes are still effecting Puntland at present.
USA had issue to fight talibaan in mountains, requesting help its ok in this case. :whoo:

Cadde was great leader wariya, dont ever try to disrespect him.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Af Urur has Tinle cidans there, the town was never attacked since 2014 shiishiye do hit and run from the mountains retreat the moment they get shelled try another one chief.
PSF forces went deep in mountains before couple of days. Inshalla they will finish them off.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
That's a weak argument. It's like saying ICU no longer exists why Al Shabaab are still around?

The leader of Al Shabaab is Dir he got a foothold in Bari and infiltrated Puntland, plain and simple. The majority of recruits remain Darood as well so you whole deflection to present is categorically false.
Recently PL army killed Alkabab rats in mountains. both whom were killed from ethiopia.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Warsangali are still split some of them support AS/ISIS some of them support Puntland. So no the problem persist until now and the evidence is clear with majority of foot soldiers being Warsans or Cali Salebaan.

I gotta say you got a lot of nerve to deny such events to cover up Cadde's fatal mistakes that Puntland is reeling from until now.
From where you bring this info?. PL army killed recently ISIS soldiers came from ethiopia. :damedamn: .

They just attacked Afurur recently.

10 years and counting.

The shabab and ISIS in Puntland use the same weapons that their cousins from puntland smuggle from others terrorists in the middle east and sell to local terrorists all over Somalia. This was detail in a recent report. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot
unknown-2.png

Puntlanders make good money from being the main suppliers of arms and explosives trade in Somalia. The federal government needs to control this rogue criminal state:francis:

IMG_20211113_120042.jpg

This assessment was accurate in Some areas but inaccurate in other Parts. I will list below what I think was right in his assessment and what facts he may have overlooked or didn't know.

1. He was right about PL playing the role of the 'Guardian of Somalia' or 'Hoyada Federalka' due to the 'Weak Govt in Mogadishu'
2. He was right about Abdillahi Yusuf being a 'Harti hardliner' while other PL leaders weren't.
3. He was incorrect that Adde Muse was only interested in economical development of Bosaso, Adde simply didn't want PL in 'two war fronts' in the South and the North and also at that time most of the PL taxes were being sent to the south and used to bribe warlords and fund PL soldiers. He wasn't going to open up another war-front
4.The other thing Markus mis-calculated was Cade Muse when he sacked 'xaabsade' from the ministry of interior, he did so in revenge because he was an 'abdillahi yusuf ally' in the 'civil war'.

What he got completely wrong was the Historical account of Somalia.

1. SL didn't create the independence movement or Nationalism. SYL was the first independence movement in all of Somali territories.
2. There was no conflict about administration style since the south was most developed. He should go compare photo's of hargeisa in 1960 which is a desert vs Mogadishu in the 60's. Obviously, the mode of government that will be used is the southern portion.
3. He didn't mention historically PL was an independent kingdom with it's own self-rule and only had italian alliance to deter global powers from encroaching on them. This is one of the reasons why PL see itself as the 'divine' ruler of all Somalis because it was the most 'independent'.
4. The other thing he failed to mention is SL was created to correct what they percieve as an 'un-fair powersharing in the 1960's, however they masquarade around arguing on illegal borders, that do not exist nor can they contest such thing in any international court, they argue on 88 genocide then argue they were victorious in the same sentence.
5. I think the guy has spent to much time in SL and not balancing his work against 'all regions' of Somalia to get a more 'proper outlook'

Come in puntites and watch that video and tell me I am right or wrong but 50% of what he said is very 'one sided' and not the complete story.
PL never existed 100 years ago as it's a state founded by your dead uncle AY in 1998 as Harti state and The one you're talking about is Maheertaniya kingdom which didn't include much of eastern Sanaag or Sool.

Is true SL was the first place where nationalism and somaliweyn movement took place especially after Hawd reserve area was given to Ethiopia and SYL btw was never interested to unite with SL right away but wait for a period of 5 to 10 years for both territories to unite but with the constant pressure and demand of SL delegation in Xamar SYL had to agree to it when the delegation didn't put any precondition on the table allowing southern SYL to get most of the top positions in a independent Somali Republic as for SL people a united somali nation was more important for them than a governmental positions

AY was still elected, albeit by self serving warlords and he stuck to the constitution. He doesn't take all blame for the Invasion as our TFG reps didn't do enough to veto the war because they were holding a grudge against ICU. Some MPs threw some chairs at each other in an infamous incident and Sakiin joined the Opposition but that was it until Nuur Cadde was PM. Anyone however can see AY was pro Ethiopia for a long time even accusing his rival Jama Ali Jama of links with terror elements to curry favour with Addis. It was the height of the war on Terror a lucrative excuse to gain a new war chest.

Also AY tried to overthrew Kacaan regime by inviting the Ethiopian army to invade Somalia in 1982

SSDF.PNG

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Also AY tried to overthrew Kacaan regime by inviting the Ethiopian army to invade Somalia in 1982

View attachment 206713

He has said in his interviews that he was arrested for an indefinite time because he refused to have the flag of Ethiopia raised in those towns which i do believe but what exactly else was he expecting when both towns have always been on the Ethiopian side of the disputed border?

@Periplus as a neutral, what are your thoughts?

He has said in his interviews that he was arrested for an indefinite time because he refused to have the flag of Ethiopia raised in those towns which i do believe but what exactly else was he expecting when both towns have always been on the Ethiopian side of the disputed border?
Maybe but it was more of power struggle within SSDF that led to his arrest where the faction favored by mengistu was installed to the leadership. You have to know that SSDF was so close to the Derg regime who armed them and funded them alongside Gaddafi Libya while SNM was more independent getting its funds from diaspora and local business people

Mckenzie

VIP
Maybe but it was more of power struggle within SSDF that led to his arrest where the faction favored by mengistu was installed to the leadership. You have to know that SSDF was so close to the Derg regime who armed them and funded them alongside Gaddafi Libya while SNM was more independent getting its funds from diaspora and local business people

The pre emptive strike on Goldogob and Caabudwaaq was some form of Aano qabiil after the 79 Mudug attacks, i think the anti AY elements in SSDF pushed it to happen and convinced him the Ethiopians would guard the rear from Wardheer. He doesn't recall as an invasion attempt.

The pre emptive strike on Goldogob and Caabudwaaq was some form of Aano qabiil after the 79 Mudug attacks, i think the anti AY elements in SSDF pushed it to happen and convinced him the Ethiopians would guard the rear from Wardheer. He doesn't recall as an invasion attempt.
He and SSDF wanted to use Ethiopia to overhrow the regime in Xamar and that failed as SNA forces held them back and ofc he doesn't see it as an invasion attempt cuz both and mengistu wanted to get rid of Afweyne as fast as possible especially since Somalia was team USA during the cold war

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP

The forum clown @Gantaal97 is talking out of his ass as per usual. Abdullahi Yusuf aun was arrested because of the Isaaq informants in the SSDF. A group of them first set Abdullahi Yusuf up to be assassinated and then others shared with Mengistu the SSDF’s plans with the Libyan’s which included leaving Ethiopia and relocating to Tripoli. This plus the normalization of relations between Addis and Mogadishu were why Abdullahi Yusuf and other members of the SSDF were arrested. Everything I wrote is repeated in the video below by a member of the SSDF who was arrested in Ethiopia a few months after Abdullahi Yusuf was.

Gantaal would have use believe the SNM were “independent” and funded by the Isaaq “diaspora and business community” even though they were highly dependent on Ethiopia. It was the base of their operations and the SNM were receiving funding from them until at least 1988. Sounds very independent to me.

Duchess

VIP
@Duchess

That's why I placed that Gantaal person on ignore, he is always lying and repeating the same nonsense over and over again. I feel sorry for anyone who spends even a second on his posts.

He’s now on my ignore list too. He’s a typical brain dead khathead.

Mckenzie

VIP
The forum clown @Gantaal97 is talking out of his ass as per usual. Abdullahi Yusuf aun was arrested because of the Isaaq informants in the SSDF. A group of them first set Abdullahi Yusuf up to be assassinated and then others shared with Mengistu the SSDF’s plans with the Libyan’s which included leaving Ethiopia and relocating to Tripoli. This plus the normalization of relations between Addis and Mogadishu were why Abdullahi Yusuf and other members of the SSDF were arrested. Everything I wrote is repeated in the video below by a member of the SSDF who was arrested in Ethiopia a few months after Abdullahi Yusuf was.

Gantaal would have use believe the SNM were “independent” and funded by the Isaaq “diaspora and business community” even though they were highly dependent on Ethiopia. It was the base of their operations and the SNM were receiving funding from them until at least 1988. Sounds very independent to me.

First time i'm hearing this, will check it out. Thanks for sharing. I heard AY mention SNM chairman Si.ilaanyo refused to unite with him because they were already planning to secede.

Majeertanya lies don't work anymore sister SSDF had no comprehensive vision for Somalia after the kacaan regime as it was dominated by former military officers and a ideological communist faction who wanted to continue the kind of junta that existed in 1969 but slightly different that's most of them defected to the regime and given govt posts after their supposed demands was met.
1636906595380.png

"with funds and clan appeals, he [Barre] was able to entice the bulk of SSDF fighters to return from Ethiopia and participate in his genocidal wars against the Isaaq in the north and later against the Hawiye in the South, including Mogadisho"

Your aunt Sureer Abshir Muuse co founder of SSDF appointed to work in Somalia's London embassy here's her defending the kacaan regime

While SNM which had clear goals for somali nation after deposing the regime they never got close to mengistu or harbor any communist ideology and they only operated in their deegans in Hawd which was the main military camp for the movement and every isaaq diaspora had to send money through dahabshiil founder previous hawala to fund the movement and it was collected from every sub no one could have denied that as elders pushed for Isaaqs to keep sending money as was a truly a liberation war struggle for us.

SNM.PNG

Members of Isaak clan represented 50 percent of all Somali migrant workers partly as result of their historical close ties to the Gulf and their knowledge of Arabic. The Isaak also benefited greatly from their monopoly over livestock trade, made possible by their control over northwestern port of Berbera. A large proportion remittances of Isaak went to supply arms to rural guerillas who helped to overthrew Barre regime. Delegates of the Isaak-led Somali National Movement (SNM) received somewhere between $14 to $15 million.

Duchess

VIP
First time i'm hearing this, will check it out. Thanks for sharing. I heard AY mention SNM chairman Si.ilaanyo refused to unite with him because they were already planning to secede.
I watched that interview. AY said Siilaanyo and other elements of the SNM were seeking independence because of 1961 referendum. Faroole said the same thing.

He made that up here's what former SNM member has to say about this

You have to keep in mind restoring Somaliland independence was never on the SNM agenda as everyone in the movement wanted to overthrew the regime and establish a new Somali democratic system as unity was still popular but the events of xamar 1991 is what led to finally broke away from the rest of Somalia

Trending