Markus Ho-ehne Discussion On PL/SL/SSC Conflict

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

This assessment was accurate in Some areas but inaccurate in other Parts. I will list below what I think was right in his assessment and what facts he may have overlooked or didn't know.

1. He was right about PL playing the role of the 'Guardian of Somalia' or 'Hoyada Federalka' due to the 'Weak Govt in Mogadishu'
2. He was right about Abdillahi Yusuf being a 'Harti hardliner' while other PL leaders weren't.
3. He was incorrect that Adde Muse was only interested in economical development of Bosaso, Adde simply didn't want PL in 'two war fronts' in the South and the North and also at that time most of the PL taxes were being sent to the south and used to bribe warlords and fund PL soldiers. He wasn't going to open up another war-front
4.The other thing Markus mis-calculated was Cade Muse when he sacked 'xaabsade' from the ministry of interior, he did so in revenge because he was an 'abdillahi yusuf ally' in the 'civil war'.

What he got completely wrong was the Historical account of Somalia.

1. SL didn't create the independence movement or Nationalism. SYL was the first independence movement in all of Somali territories.
2. There was no conflict about administration style since the south was most developed. He should go compare photo's of hargeisa in 1960 which is a desert vs Mogadishu in the 60's. Obviously, the mode of government that will be used is the southern portion.
3. He didn't mention historically PL was an independent kingdom with it's own self-rule and only had italian alliance to deter global powers from encroaching on them. This is one of the reasons why PL see itself as the 'divine' ruler of all Somalis because it was the most 'independent'.
4. The other thing he failed to mention is SL was created to correct what they percieve as an 'un-fair powersharing in the 1960's, however they masquarade around arguing on illegal borders, that do not exist nor can they contest such thing in any international court, they argue on 88 genocide then argue they were victorious in the same sentence.
5. I think the guy has spent to much time in SL and not balancing his work against 'all regions' of Somalia to get a more 'proper outlook'

Come in puntites and watch that video and tell me I am right or wrong but 50% of what he said is very 'one sided' and not the complete story.

Last edited:
If Cadde Muse didn't want a 2 front war then why did he instigate a war with Warsangali and brought upon terrorists to settle right next to Bosasso. I don't believe in this 2 war front narrative. Show me a single USC attack on Galkacyo there was none. AY had the full backing of IC what could broke region of Puntland offer to AY that IC did not. AY toke 2500 soldiers from Puntland and they acted as glorified security guards to AY. Most of the fighting with ICU was undertaken by Ethiopian troops not Puntland or Rahanweyn Resistance Army.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP

This assessment was accurate in Some areas but inaccurate in other Parts. I will list below what I think was right in his assessment and what facts he may have overlooked or didn't know.

1. He was right about PL playing the role of the 'Guardian of Somalia' or 'Hoyada Federalka' due to the 'Weak Govt in Mogadishu'
2. He was right about Abdillahi Yusuf being a 'Harti hardliner' while other PL leaders weren't.
3. He was incorrect that Adde Muse was only interested in economical development of Bosaso, Adde simply didn't want PL in 'two war fronts' in the South and the North and also at that time most of the PL taxes were being sent to the south and used to bribe warlords and fund PL soldiers. He wasn't going to open up another war-front
4.The other thing Markus mis-calculated was Cade Muse when he sacked 'xaabsade' from the ministry of interior, he did so in revenge because he was an 'abdillahi yusuf ally' in the 'civil war'.

1. SL didn't create the independence movement or Nationalism. SYL was the first independence movement in all of Somali territories.
2. There was no conflict about administration style since the south was most developed. He should go compare photo's of hargeisa in 1960 which is a desert vs Mogadishu in the 60's. Obviously, the mode of government that will be used is the southern portion.
3. He didn't mention historically PL was an independent kingdom with it's own self-rule and only had italian alliance to deter global powers from encroaching on them. This is one of the reasons why PL see itself as the 'divine' ruler of all Somalis because it was the most 'independent'.
4. The other thing he failed to mention is SL was created to correct what they percieve as an 'un-fair powersharing in the 1960's, however they masquarade around arguing on illegal borders, that do not exist nor can they contest such thing in any international court, they argue on 88 genocide then argue they were victorious in the same sentence.
5. I think the guy has spent to much time in SL and not balancing his work against 'all regions' of Somalia to get a more 'proper outlook'

Come in puntites and watch that video and tell me I am right or wrong but 50% of what he said is very 'one sided' and not the complete story.
So bassicly he is wrong because you dont agree with him :mjlaugh:

That said, Markus is largely a neutral scholar. He has slight bias to Dhulbahante but that's expected if he spent most of his time with them and made SSC the center of his thesis.

Cadde Muse waged war on Dubeys and Tinle in the Golis/Galgala range he was a tribal chieftan rather than a president.

Second during Cadde Muse time borders of PL were fickle so migrants came in droves, including AS. Cadde Muse only accused our jabhad for the losses his army had by our hands and to save face.

Iidoor this isn't your expertise.

First of all Warsangeli and Tinle both were united against Cadde Muse there were no terrorists just a jabhad against the exploitation of our resources. The Jihadists came from your reer Burco who we now hunt for sports.

Facts disagree with your claims. it was the Warsangali who first asked help from terrorist to come and set shop in Galgala. Talk about shooting yourself on the foot. Cadde could never anticipate he would plunge Puntland into decade long conflict that is effecting Bosasso/Sanaag until now.

Galgala.JPG

"Local actors forged ties to Al Shabaab and the Warsangali militia in the mountains increasingly turned into Islamist militia, including members of various Somali clans ..."

Facts disagree with your claims. it was the Warsangali who first asked help from terrorist to come and set shop in Galgala. Talk about shooting yourself on the foot. Cadde could never anticipate he would plunge Puntland into decade long conflict that is effecting Bosasso/Sanaag until now.

View attachment 206560

"Local actors forged ties to Al Shabaab and the Warsangali militia in the mountains increasingly turned into Islamist militia, including members of various Somali clans ..."
I talked to and know ex militias around the region, there were no forged ties between AS and Warsangeli if there were we wouldnt be fighting them. You can post whatever documents you want the mother of all khawarij is Burco and in particular the clan of Burmadow, slander gets you nowhere reer wikipedia:ufdup:

I talked to and know ex militias around the region, there were no forged ties between AS and Warsangeli if there were we wouldnt be fighting them. You can post whatever documents you want the mother of all khawarij is Burco and in particular the clan of Burmadow, slander gets you nowhere reer wikipedia:ufdup:

You could have spoken to Siad Barre for all I care unless you bring verifiable evidence it will remain a hearsay.

You're getting heated because I'm using fact based evidence? I don't blame you because your folks have way too much dirt across academic studies. Imagine starting a terrorist insurgency based on corruption and greed. That's like setting your own house on fire.

Ku Dayo Puntland.

:russ:

You could have spoken to Siad Barre for all I care unless you bring verifiable evidence it will remain a hearsay.

You're getting heated because I'm using fact based evidence? I don't blame you because your folks have way too much dirt across academic studies. Imagine starting a terrorist insurgency based on corruption and greed. That's like setting your own house on fire.

Ku Dayo Puntland.

:russ:
you acting like a groupie

I will keep karbashing your cousins in my degaans

Trending

Latest posts