This assessment was accurate in Some areas but inaccurate in other Parts. I will list below what I think was right in his assessment and what facts he may have overlooked or didn't know.
1. He was right about PL playing the role of the 'Guardian of Somalia' or 'Hoyada Federalka' due to the 'Weak Govt in Mogadishu'
2. He was right about Abdillahi Yusuf being a 'Harti hardliner' while other PL leaders weren't.
3. He was incorrect that Adde Muse was only interested in economical development of Bosaso, Adde simply didn't want PL in 'two war fronts' in the South and the North and also at that time most of the PL taxes were being sent to the south and used to bribe warlords and fund PL soldiers. He wasn't going to open up another war-front
4.The other thing Markus mis-calculated was Cade Muse when he sacked 'xaabsade' from the ministry of interior, he did so in revenge because he was an 'abdillahi yusuf ally' in the 'civil war'.
What he got completely wrong was the Historical account of Somalia.
1. SL didn't create the independence movement or Nationalism. SYL was the first independence movement in all of Somali territories.
2. There was no conflict about administration style since the south was most developed. He should go compare photo's of hargeisa in 1960 which is a desert vs Mogadishu in the 60's. Obviously, the mode of government that will be used is the southern portion.
3. He didn't mention historically PL was an independent kingdom with it's own self-rule and only had italian alliance to deter global powers from encroaching on them. This is one of the reasons why PL see itself as the 'divine' ruler of all Somalis because it was the most 'independent'.
4. The other thing he failed to mention is SL was created to correct what they percieve as an 'un-fair powersharing in the 1960's, however they masquarade around arguing on illegal borders, that do not exist nor can they contest such thing in any international court, they argue on 88 genocide then argue they were victorious in the same sentence.
5. I think the guy has spent to much time in SL and not balancing his work against 'all regions' of Somalia to get a more 'proper outlook'
Come in puntites and watch that video and tell me I am right or wrong but 50% of what he said is very 'one sided' and not the complete story.