Major projects currently in Kenya

I am SUPER impressed with Kenya, in 10 years time Kenya will be at a development stage where Somalia wouldn't be able to catch up in our lifetime.

Lamu-Southern Sudan-Ethiopia Transport Corridor (LAPSSET)

Konza smart city

Nairobi-Mombasa Express Highway

Last edited:

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
Both Somalia and Kenya are shit holes but the difference between those two is that Kenya had a 30 year head start while we were killing each other over our last names.

Reborn
Lamu port will be a massive failure and will be a white elephant project.Mark my words :pachah1:
However, Kenya is rising!

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Isn’t that the case with every developing country?

Nairobi and every African capital city has great skylines but is much different on the ground. Even their CBDs are generally dilapidated and messy. Don't get me started on the suburbs.

Also from what I noticed, in Kenya most business is owned by foreigners or the Kenyan political elite but the latter group has a small share. Right now, Kenya has a lot of projects but like nearly every other African country bar Somalia, will fall to the Chinese debt trap.

Apollo

VIP
Nairobi and every African capital city has great skylines but is much different on the ground. Even their CBDs are generally dilapidated and messy. Don't get me started on the suburbs.

Also from what I noticed, in Kenya most business is owned by foreigners or the Kenyan political elite but the latter group has a small share. Right now, Kenya has a lot of projects but like nearly every other African country bar Somalia, will fall to the Chinese debt trap.

To Kenya's credit, I think it is mainly all the business friendly British laws that gave them a boost vs Ethiopia and Somalia who got influenced by incompetent Italians.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
To Kenya's credit, I think it is mainly all the business friendly British laws that gave them a boost vs Ethiopia and Somalia who got influenced by incompetent Italians.

There's a good reason Somalis mainly took their money and business to Kenya. Even as a kid I'd hear my aabo and hooyo talking about how Ethiopia and Jabuuti are no-gos for business opportunities whereas Kenya is much more open and good for business.

Apollo

VIP
There's a good reason Somalis mainly took their money and business to Kenya. Even as a kid I'd hear my aabo and hooyo talking about how Ethiopia and Jabuuti are no-gos for business opportunities whereas Kenya is much more open and good for business.

Third world countries formerly colonized by the British tend to have better business friendly laws.

Just compare Vietnam vs Hong Kong or Thailand vs Malaysia. Anglos have a lot of economic liberalism in their laws, while the French and Italians didn't (in the past at least).

They speak Swahili, literally the #1 language of Kenya. I think they would vote for +90% to remain with Kenya in a referendum, even if Somalia were more stable.

They are muslims and if I am not mistaken, same as bajunis. They have also assimilated some somalis too. Read somewhere that swahilis feel a little alienated in a predominantly christian country.

Also I just find it little annoying that NFD region does not reach the sea, its kind of landlocked. Lamu is the perfecg cover for reaching the sea:wow:

Apollo

VIP
They are muslims and if I am not mistaken, same as bajunis. They have also assimilated some somalis too. Read somewhere that swahilis feel a little alienated in a predominantly christian country.

Also I just find it little annoying that NFD region does not reach the sea, its kind of landlocked. Lamu is the perfecg cover for reaching the sea:wow:

Muslims aren't oppressed in Kenya like they are in Ethiopia. The Christians there are less militant compared to Ethiopian Orthodox Christians. I highly doubt Lamu Kenyans would want to join Somalia. Why leave a country where you are the cultural elite (original Swahilis) and become a linguistic and cultural minority in another?

the expressway is massive but will be super ugly on the street level
d28440f1-18f2-4c36-bc21-2d33fa9e739b_1_201_a-jpeg.1859026
picture3-png.1888296
c360_20210802-191034-76-jpg.1854371
picture4-png.1888391
a7355320-957b-4e95-b8f2-0f9bbcbc99ff-jpeg.1802531

2835354_1625750330695.png

Last edited:

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I am assuming you have never been to Kenya.
I’ve been to kenya, I’ve lived in nairobi for a year or two and have many eid pics from 2007-2008 eids and I’m seriously impressed with how well some of these places looked.

They had beautiful fountains, statues, parks, and even festivals in nairobi and this was more than a decade ago almost 2 decades.

Nairobi is light years ahead of Somali and mogadishu at the very least. I don’t know about the rest of the country but they should be catching up.

Muslims aren't oppressed in Kenya like they are in Ethiopia. The Christians there are less militant compared to Ethiopian Orthodox Christians. I highly doubt Lamu Kenyans would want to join Somalia. Why leave a country where you are the cultural elite (original Swahilis) and become a linguistic and cultural minority in another?

I know man just doing wishfuk thinking

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I’ve been to kenya, I’ve lived in nairobi for a year or two and have many eid pics from 2007-2008 eids and I’m seriously impressed with how well some of these places looked.

They had beautiful fountains, statues, parks, and even festivals in nairobi and this was more than a decade ago almost 2 decades.

Nairobi is light years ahead of Somali and mogadishu at the very least. I don’t know about the rest of the country but they should be catching up.

Nairobi has great malls, Uhuru park and good high rises but the average person isn't enjoying that. Look at Eastleigh, Kibera, Mathare (feel free to google) or the majority of Nairobi suburbs except for Westlands, Runda, Karen and Lavington. The largest slum in Africa is in Nairobi.

You are a foreigner, those facilities are made for you and wealthy Kenyans (Indians, Somalis and Kenyan politicial elite).

I am not hating on Kenya, I have really good friends from there and I have always loved going there but we have put them on a pedestal. Outside Mombasa and Nairobi, the country is vastly different.

This is also Nairobi btw, well over a quarter to half of Nairobi lives like this:

5565_gallery_2.jpeg

MathareValleySlum.jpg

Kibera slum (1 million people)

Mathare slum (500,000 people)

Last edited:
I am not hating on Kenya, I have really good friends from there and I have always loved going there but we have put them on a pedestal. Outside Mombasa and Nairobi, the country is vastly different.

Kibera slum (1 million people)

Mathare slum (500,000 people)

from your own wiki link kibera has barely 250 thousand people
outside of nairobi, there is kisumu nakuru eldoret kakamega naivasha lamu , a system of small towns connected by good roads

Trending