Major projects currently in Kenya

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
from your own wiki link kibera has barely 250 thousand people
outside of nairobi, there is kisumu nakuru eldoret kakamega naivasha lamu , a system of small towns connected by good roads

Your figures on Kibera is from a 2009 Kenyan census, which would want the numbers of Kibera to be as low as possible. Numerous organisations have put the numbers anywhere between 500,000 and a Million, stating it to be one of the largest slums, if not the largest, in Africa.

Furthermore, that is not the only slum in Nairobi. There is Mathare, Mukuru, Kogorocho, among many others. Over a quarter to probably half of Nairobi's population within its city limits (4 million) live in slums. Another million probably live in suburbs similar to Eastleigh.

As for the other cities, I highly doubt any youtube video on an African city is going to show the average person lives. I can provide videos of Mogadishu that grossly skews the reality on the ground. Also the minute it goes to street view, I see nothing more than well paved roads, dilapidated buildings and foreign owned businesses/branding.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Nairobi and every African capital city has great skylines but is much different on the ground. Even their CBDs are generally dilapidated and messy. Don't get me started on the suburbs.

Also from what I noticed, in Kenya most business is owned by foreigners or the Kenyan political elite but the latter group has a small share. Right now, Kenya has a lot of projects but like nearly every other African country bar Somalia, will fall to the Chinese debt trap.
You know whats the funny the shittiest places in kenya are all filled with somalis. Espacially eastleigh

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
You know whats the funny the shittiest places in kenya are all filled with somalis. Espacially eastleigh

Bro, Eastleigh is far from the shittest place in Nairobi. South C also is not a horrible suburb by Nairobi standards. That's not defending Eastleigh and South C, they're horrible, but rather an indictment on Nairobi.

Also, when you go to luxury malls in Kenya, you will always see a lot of Somalis there.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
@Periplus your trying to sling mud on Kenyas success rather then take something from it you are a true example of a Somali :nvjpqts:

I am not slinging mud whatsoever, I just disagree with the "light years ahead" comment. I have been there and can say there is no point in development if the average people can't benefit. The average Nairobi resident either lives in a suburb like Eastleigh or a slum not in the fancy malls, hotels and apartments of Westlands.

Somalis have put Kenya on some sort of pedestal, our role models should be countries outside of Africa rather than within.

Obviously, nearly every country is better than Somalia but that doesn't mean they are amazing countries that we should replicate. Very small mindset to have imo.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Somalia should annex Lamu in the future, lets unite the bajunis with their kin :yacadiim:
As if we need more minorities, some of us already struggles with bantu being called Somali, they made whole threads about that, let alone the linguistic problems like barawani radio ban, or maay conflict

Nairobi has great malls, Uhuru park and good high rises but the average person isn't enjoying that. Look at Eastleigh, Kibera, Mathare (feel free to google) or the majority of Nairobi suburbs except for Westlands, Runda, Karen and Lavington. The largest slum in Africa is in Nairobi.

You are a foreigner, those facilities are made for you and wealthy Kenyans (Indians, Somalis and Kenyan politicial elite).

I am not hating on Kenya, I have really good friends from there and I have always loved going there but we have put them on a pedestal. Outside Mombasa and Nairobi, the country is vastly different.

This is also Nairobi btw, well over a quarter to half of Nairobi lives like this:

5565_gallery_2.jpeg

MathareValleySlum.jpg

Kibera slum (1 million people)

Mathare slum (500,000 people)

Your analysis of Nairobi only focuses on slums even though there are tons of infrastructure development happening around the city. I don't expect most Somalis to be objective when talking anything about Kenya. The truth is though, Nairobi is making a lot of strides in terms of development

Of course Kenya being a developing country, it has got a housing problem and hence you will find slums in cities like Nairobi and Mombasa. This is not a problem unique to Kenya alone. Even developing countries in Asia have got some of the worst urban slums in the world.

Btw the majority of the Nairobi population lives in the Eastlands areas of the city. Those who have lived in Nairobi know what I am talking about.

Nairobi's Eastlands area is the main working class housing area of the city. This is where you will find decent and affordable housing for the lower income population of the city.

Last edited:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Your analysis of Nairobi only focuses on slums even though there are tons of infrastructure development happening around the city. I don't expect most Somalis to be objective when talking anything about Kenya. The truth is though, Nairobi is making a lot of strides in terms of development

Of course Kenya being a developing country, it has got a housing problem and hence you will find slums in cities like Nairobi and Mombasa. This is not a problem unique to Kenya alone. Even developing countries in Asia have got some of the worst urban slums in the world.

Btw the majority of the Nairobi population lives in the Eastlands areas of the city. Those who have lived in Nairobi know what I am talking about.

Nairobi's Eastlands area is the main working class housing area of the city. This is where you will find decent and affordable housing for the lower income population of the city.

The reason I focused on negatives is to counter the beliefs that Kenya is light years ahead of Somalia. I wasn’t objective because the thread wasnt

Also as for housing, over a quarter of Nairobis city residents live in slums (1 million out of 4 million), that’s a big problem.

As for east lands, the urban planning looks good as well as the roads but as I said, Nairobi looks much better from the air than from the ground, as shown in that video.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
I am not slinging mud whatsoever, I just disagree with the "light years ahead" comment. I have been there and can say there is no point in development if the average people can't benefit. The average Nairobi resident either lives in a suburb like Eastleigh or a slum not in the fancy malls, hotels and apartments of Westlands.

Somalis have put Kenya on some sort of pedestal, our role models should be countries outside of Africa rather than within.

Obviously, nearly every country is better than Somalia but that doesn't mean they are amazing countries that we should replicate. Very small mindset to have imo.
Kenya has a Gini co-efficient(income distribution metric) better then America and is only a few points from the world average. They are also a middle income country which is most definitely light years away from Somalia.

Kenyas example is used as they are a neighboring african country with similiar issues and a nearly identical starting point.

The smallest mindset is thinking we are “placing them on a pedestal” I want you and your fellow botdom to see what populists and corrupt leaders bring compared to checks and balances/devolution of powers.

Somalia should annex Lamu in the future, lets unite the bajunis with their kin :yacadiim:
Many Kenyans confuse Bajunis for being Somali. I think because of their looks, arabic names and them being Muslims. I remember recently when Uhuru appointed some Bajuni KDF General to be head of the Nairobi Metropolitan Services, many Kenyans thought he was a Somali. This Bajuni army general is called Mohammed Badi.

images (5).jpeg

Bajunis are patriotic Kenyans though. I don't think they would want anything to do with Somalia. They would be the first people on the frontline protecting their lands if Somalia ever dared to annex Lamu.

This strategic corridor will pass through Ogaden lands up to Lamu. I encourage Kenya to build roads connecting Kiunga,Kulbiyow and raas Kamboni viva the republic :gaasdrink:

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Many Kenyans confuse Bajunis for being Somali. I think because of their looks, arabic names and them being Muslims. I remember recently when Uhuru appointed some Bajuni KDF General to be head of the Nairobi Metropolitan Services, many Kenyans thought he was a Somali. This Bajuni army general is called Mohammed Badi.

View attachment 196900

Bajunis are patriotic Kenyans though. I don't think they would want anything to do with Somalia. They would be the first people on the frontline protecting their lands if Somalia ever dared to annex Lamu.
Why would they wanna join somalia and become some shit minority while in kenya they have rights

Your figures on Kibera is from a 2009 Kenyan census, which would want the numbers of Kibera to be as low as possible. Numerous organisations have put the numbers anywhere between 500,000 and a Million, stating it to be one of the largest slums, if not the largest, in Africa.

Furthermore, that is not the only slum in Nairobi. There is Mathare, Mukuru, Kogorocho, among many others. Over a quarter to probably half of Nairobi's population within its city limits (4 million) live in slums. Another million probably live in suburbs similar to Eastleigh.

As for the other cities, I highly doubt any youtube video on an African city is going to show the average person lives. I can provide videos of Mogadishu that grossly skews the reality on the ground. Also the minute it goes to street view, I see nothing more than well paved roads, dilapidated buildings and foreign owned businesses/branding.
Please post a video of Xamar that even comes close to this. FYI this is Kisumu, Kenya's third city in terms of size. You are saying aerial videos skew the true picture on the ground. I want you to look at the street level views captured in the video. The overall city planning,the well paved roads, the clean streets etc

Last edited:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I am SUPER impressed with Kenya, in 10 years time Kenya will be at a development stage where Somalia wouldn't be able to catch up in our lifetime.

Lamu-Southern Sudan-Ethiopia Transport Corridor (LAPSSET)

Konza smart city

Nairobi-Mombasa Express Highway

Chinese will benefit in the end, Kenyans wont be able to pay the debt

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Please post a video of Xamar that even comes close to this. FYI this is Kisumu, Kenya's third city in terms of size. You are saying aerial videos skew the true picture on the ground. I want you to look at the street level views captured in the video. The overall city planning,the well paved roads, the clean streets etc

Damm their roads are nice. How is it that all somali cities have retarted roads:noneck:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP

It’s not about a video of Xamar that are better than those cities.

What I said is that I can provide a video of Xamar that looks infinitely better than it actually does.

As for the video you linked, I already admitted it was good roads and urban planning.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Somaliland nationalists and massive inferiority complexes, truly a duo.

@Hot Ballah

@Periplus isn't wrong I'm there right now. Your average Kenyan lives like shit, one pass next to the slums was enough to make me grateful for what I have. Watching Indians/Pakistanis segregating themselves and abusing madows is some weird shit. Everyone but the Kenyans own their economy.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Somaliland nationalists and massive inferiority complexes, truly a duo.

@Hot Ballah

@Periplus isn't wrong I'm there right now. Your average Kenyan lives like shit, one pass next to the slums was enough to make me grateful for what I have. Watching Indians/Pakistanis segregating themselves and abusing madows is some weird shit. Everyone but the Kenyans own their economy.
Are you really gonna act delusional everytime?. If kenya is so shit why do 1000s of somalis from somalia immigrate to nairobi every year? You call it inferiority complex i call it being realistic :mjdontkno: