Looks and sociability can take you WAY further in the corporate world than competence.

It’s important yes but in highly technical jobs the important people who do the nerdy stuff is typically not ignored by management if they’re smart.

But yes there’s a leadership skills which requires a bit of charisma and sociability which doesn’t necessarily depend on how smart you are. My own boss is pretty dumb but he is funny.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
I can see that happening, especially in a International environment. The more you look good, and sociable the more you are the favoured. The other thing that might help is having a good english accent, UK RP or neutral American accent. All these with little competence and you secured your place in that environment. I say this from what I saw, and still seeing.

I saw many doing well with minimum effort because of who they look and their knowledge with english and the accent. IDK if this is also common where are from.

Something like it happened; the difference is that the husband wasn't present when that previous incident took place.

The last time it happened was when I was 25; I was working with a woman (married) that asked to meet up with me in an empty, newly renovated wing of our workplace; she was actually very good looking but I couldn't go ahead with it.

The women were Indian on both occasions; I don't know what's going on there.

:manny::cosbyhmm:

The whole thing is bizarre because Asians (Thai/Filipinos) and Middle-Eastern (Lebanese/ Persians) have shown me the most interest. One Lebanese chick even told me that she wanted a black baby

:damn:
Honestly, I find non-black women who harp on about wanting a mixed/black child to be vomit inducing. The level of fetishization and just general cringe is just well….ewww. I was reading the comments of this poor mixed raced girl with a white mother who noted that whilst her mother liked black men, she would still make anti-black comments around her. There is an element of dehumanization and those weirdos aren’t interacting with their partners on a level of genuine love, it’s purely objectification.

CalmOne20####

Somaliland + Ogaden Heritage
You're right, I don't think a lot of this would be applicable in healthcare and in STEM where competence is valued above all else. But I think if someone have an ounce of charisma, then the corporate world is where it's at. All my bros from engineering are doing menial tasks on Revit and working insane hours for shit pay whilst I spend the mornings flirting with the HR lady/manager and then working the rest of the day from home. f*ck STEM wallahi:heh:
Astaghfirullah flirting with gaalo women

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
Most forgot the ones that are access to opportunity is other people and we are still people. Are decisions are based on are emotions in the end

I've always recommend young people to get into sales for a short time. It's a life time skill that transfers in many areas in life. It greatly improves your communication skills, learn how to influence others, how to sale yourself and more. I've seen it help the most shy and awkward guys finally come out of their shell

It's why I believe mentorship is really important when trying new opportunities

Last edited:
There's a pajeet and some posh cadaan "Rugby lad" from my intake currently on my team. The two of them are more competent at their job then I am, but there's a night and day difference between how the senior figures in our team interact with me vs how they interact them.

Our manager's the main culprit when it comes to the preferential treatment. She'll take me to meetings with stakeholders and introduces me to them, adds me to important calls with other project leads, give me a heads up about certain things before mentioning it to other two etc. It's favouritism, pure and simple.

The other senior figures aren't as zealous as she is, but they'll still go out of their way to coach me or we'll just chat shit for half an hour and drink coffee whilst the other two are given menial work. Our manager will legit sit across the table from the other two during meetings, it's like she's replused by the idea of being too close to them :heh: :heh: :heh:

I know that looks and being personable play a significant role in our day to day lives, but I didn't think it would be to this extreme in the corporate world. It's the exact same cliquey shit from secondary school and uni wallahi. I've witnessed the exact same thing happen with the other non-austistic lads/girls from our intake. They're all given preferential treatment.

Quick heads to Faraxs/Xalimos entering the workforce. Being well-liked by your peers/management and taking pride in your appearance carries far more weight than being good at your job.
In some sectors, where your ability matters the most, if you are really good at your job just make sure other people don't take credit for it. Be assertive with your ideas and plans and don't let other people walk over you. You don't have to be friends and liked as a person to be succefull in that case from my personal exprience.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
There's a pajeet and some posh cadaan "Rugby lad" from my intake currently on my team. The two of them are more competent at their job then I am, but there's a night and day difference between how the senior figures in our team interact with me vs how they interact them.

Our manager's the main culprit when it comes to the preferential treatment. She'll take me to meetings with stakeholders and introduces me to them, adds me to important calls with other project leads, give me a heads up about certain things before mentioning it to other two etc. It's favouritism, pure and simple.

The other senior figures aren't as zealous as she is, but they'll still go out of their way to coach me or we'll just chat shit for half an hour and drink coffee whilst the other two are given menial work. Our manager will legit sit across the table from the other two during meetings, it's like she's replused by the idea of being too close to them :heh: :heh: :heh:

I know that looks and being personable play a significant role in our day to day lives, but I didn't think it would be to this extreme in the corporate world. It's the exact same cliquey shit from secondary school and uni wallahi. I've witnessed the exact same thing happen with the other non-austistic lads/girls from our intake. They're all given preferential treatment.

Quick heads to Faraxs/Xalimos entering the workforce. Being well-liked by your peers/management and taking pride in your appearance carries far more weight than being good at your job.

She wants to fk her but u r a transgender with no gu.s.
1673613910850.png

you either lying or you are being invited to a threesome night.

I can't provide evidence for it, but I'm being sincere. I don't even go out much and these things have happened.

Honestly, I find non-black women who harp on about wanting a mixed/black child to be vomit inducing. The level of fetishization and just general cringe is just well….ewww. I was reading the comments of this poor mixed raced girl with a white mother who noted that whilst her mother liked black men, she would still make anti-black comments around her. There is an element of dehumanization and those weirdos aren’t interacting with their partners on a level of genuine love, it’s purely objectification.

I agree with your assessment; there are many uncertainties and pitfalls when it comes to interracial relationships because you can't be 100% certain that fetishization is not playing a part.

To be fair to the girl that told me this... she and I were 17 at the time and we were extremely close friends in high school; we had a weird pact that if we weren't married by 30, we would marry each other...

.. It's cringe just thinking about the things we said when we were teenagers.

I really wish I didn't cultivate a troll persona because what I've said (the absolute truth) may be received to be yet another round of trolling

:snoop::mjcry:

Good looks are weird. Even as a straight dude I can admit that a good-looking and well-dressed saaxiib gets a certain reaction out of you. You may not even realize you're doing it unless you're very self-aware but you will show him more deference. Reminds me of an old story my hooyo used to tell me about an ancestor of ours. He was basically like an Ugaas and showed up to some tuulo or magaalad he was a stranger to in rags with a dusty donkey to test a theory. When he showed up like that nobody cared for him and people even treated him with scorn. Later he came back around in expensive finery and a fine steed and they were dick-riding him in seconds. He said something like "Your love is no thicker than cloth."

:mjlol:
I've come to the realization that adulthood is just as extension of secondary school in some aspects wallahi. I think the same part of the brain that tells kids/teens "he/she's decent looking and is a nice normal person, be cool to them" is still firing lol

Even at my shitty retail gig back in uni looks and sociability paid my bills. I turned up late half the time and was utterly useless at the job (didnt really care tbf). Yet they kept me on because I was the sociable nigga even with the bosses as I kept the mundane, kill yaself by your 40s kinda gig that retail is enjoyable for the plebbians.
Fellow ex retail worker, come here bro :friendhug:
I think I was allowed to have so many warnings about being late to work and I exceeded that amount by 5-7 additional times. But I absolutely smashed my KPIs and me and the manager were bros so I was sweet lol. I had a meeting where the outcome would've been me getting sacked but I got him to let me email over my letter of resignation like 48hrs before the meeting instead of the standard 2weeks so I could quit still use them as a reference loooooooooool

Somalis are naturally extraverted and charismatic people, not to mention good looking for the most part. It's a shame we think STEM is the be-all-end-all when we could really excel in the corporate world as.

One thing I’ve noticed with regards to Somalis is that we have a lot of confident, social and charismatic individuals. That is a lot more common amongst the older generation and fobs, but it’s still there amongst the diaspora, especially the men. Abdis tend to be well liked and self-assured. It’s a good trait that many have, although the isolated weird anime types are increasing day by day.
100%, we should really play to our strengths in that regard. Althought I have a seen a couple of zoomer Abdis rocking anime tees :chrisfreshhah: :chrisfreshhah:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Being good looking is useful in every situation but it's not a substitute for actual competence.

I felt sorry for the husband of an Indian woman that came up to me and said she wanted to get to know me -- in front of her husband.

:mindblown:
You should've wrecked that little Prabjot's aloo curry narn sxb, the worse that could've happened is her pajeet husband protesting a little. But considering the avg 14yr old Farax could wipe the floor with adult Pajeets, I don't think he would've presented much of a threat :heh:

You should've wrecked that little Prabjot's aloo curry narn sxb, the worse that could've happened is her pajeet husband protesting a little. But considering the avg 14yr old Farax could wipe the floor with adult Pajeets, I don't think he would've presented much of a threat :heh:

Your way with words is legendary, saaxiib

:mjlol:

My friend chimed in and tried to say that I was some sort of Indian

:russ:

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
You better practise, and quick wallahi. People skills is the number one make or break thing when it comes to working in those environments. I asked one of the seniors who interviews people for roles and he basically said that it ultimately comes down to who they think are a good fit and they wouldn't mind spending 8hrs+ a day with lol

Even if you secure a place, you'll still be overlooked if you're not well-liked. There are people who've legit been in a same-ish position for 5/10+ years whereas their peers shot up the ladder. Same level of education, time within the company etc. Our finance guy is a jacked austistic guy and the programme flat out said "don't end up like X, get your face out there" :mjlol:
teach me. give us a class. Irl I'm super nice and I'll do the most at work to get on a supervisors good side. I'm just not very talkative but I'll end up friends with all the girls at work. Btw, I'm a software engineering student, so would this matter in the tech field? I'm tryna work at google or something like that.

Being good looking is useful in every situation but it's not a substitute for actual competence.

I felt sorry for the husband of an Indian woman that came up to me and said she wanted to get to know me -- in front of her husband.

:mindblown:
Lool...in what context did this happen? :mjlol:

Lool...in what context did this happen? :mjlol:

She literally just approached me and said I was handsome, found me interesting and wanted to get to know me

My friend thought he was helping me when he tried to say I was Indian as well; me after he said that

Sad John Cena GIF

You must have been young and couldn't pick up on what she was doing

:hillarybiz:

Trending