Looks and sociability can take you WAY further in the corporate world than competence.

She literally just approached me and said I was handsome, found me interesting and wanted to get to know me

My friend thought he was helping me when he tried to say I was Indian as well; me after he said that

Sad John Cena GIF

You must have been young and couldn't pick up what she was doing

:hillarybiz:
:russ::mjlol:

I've come to the realization that adulthood is just as extension of secondary school in some aspects wallahi. I think the same part of the brain that tells kids/teens "he/she's decent looking and is a nice normal person, be cool to them" is still firing lol

Fellow ex retail worker, come here bro :friendhug:
I think I was allowed to have so many warnings about being late to work and I exceeded that amount by 5-7 additional times. But I absolutely smashed my KPIs and me and the manager were bros so I was sweet lol. I had a meeting where the outcome would've been me getting sacked but I got him to let me email over my letter of resignation like 48hrs before the meeting instead of the standard 2weeks so I could quit still use them as a reference loooooooooool

Somalis are naturally extraverted and charismatic people, not to mention good looking for the most part. It's a shame we think STEM is the be-all-end-all when we could really excel in the corporate world as.

100%, we should really play to our strengths in that regard. Althought I have a seen a couple of zoomer Abdis rocking anime tees :chrisfreshhah: :chrisfreshhah:

I've come to the realization that adulthood is just as extension of secondary school in some aspects wallahi. I think the same part of the brain that tells kids/teens "he/she's decent looking and is a nice normal person, be cool to them" is still firing lol
Fellow ex retail worker, come here bro :friendhug:
I think I was allowed to have so many warnings about being late to work and I exceeded that amount by 5-7 additional times. But I absolutely smashed my KPIs and me and the manager were bros so I was sweet lol. I had a meeting where the outcome would've been me getting sacked but I got him to let me email over my letter of resignation like 48hrs before the meeting instead of the standard 2weeks so I could quit still use them as a reference loooooooooool

Somalis are naturally extraverted and charismatic people, not to mention good looking for the most part. It's a shame we think STEM is the be-all-end-all when we could really excel in the corporate world as.

100%, we should really play to our strengths in that regard. Althought I have a seen a couple of zoomer Abdis rocking anime tees :chrisfreshhah: :chrisfreshhah:
Yep, shame many of my generation didn’t play to their strengths. I remember the guys that I grew up with and went school with were for the most part, popular and funny. Honestly, all round good vibes. However, with that comes the down side of easily getting into trouble. Thinking back, if they didn’t allow the hype of being on road or being the class clown, they could have thrived in a corporate or sales role. Absolutely would have made a killing. Natural charisma and being like-able is gift. Now we have the opposite problem. A bunch of miskeen Anime Zoomers who have done well in school which I’m proud of, but some don’t have the personality because they’ve spent all of their lives looking at a screen.

For sure personality and good looks matter. They probably matter more in sales, or marketing, than technical roles.

But competency is king. People will talk shit about you behind your back if you ain't good at your job. There's a lovely but clueless lady in a senior role in my company. So many complain + chat shit about her behind her back lol, so much so that her name has become synonymous with incompetence. There's zero chance she gets promoted further.

Yaraye

VIP
No way, José; I'm not leaving my culture just so that I can get judged by them and work for years to gain their acceptance, as though I was beneath them.

Bugger that, mate

:nahgirl:

My distant cousin is married to an Fijian-Indian woman and although her parents and brother seem to like him, she's a nightmare; she threatened to kill herself if he ever tried to leave her.
That some horror movie shit
Surprised GIF

Honestly, all round good vibes. However, with that comes the down side of easily getting into trouble. Thinking back, if they didn’t allow the hype of being on road or being the class clown, they could have thrived in a corporate or sales role. Absolutely would have made a killing. N
100%

Yep, shame many of my generation didn’t play to their strengths. I remember the guys that I grew up with and went school with were for the most part, popular and funny. Honestly, all round good vibes. However, with that comes the down side of easily getting into trouble. Thinking back, if they didn’t allow the hype of being on road or being the class clown, they could have thrived in a corporate or sales role. Absolutely would have made a killing. Natural charisma and being like-able is gift. Now we have the opposite problem. A bunch of miskeen Anime Zoomers who have done well in school which I’m proud of, but some don’t have the personality because they’ve spent all of their lives looking at a screen.
Having the gift of the gab is probably going to be more vital than ever seeing as a lot of companies switch toward Strength based interviews for jnr positions. But I think my company's already transitioning back to competancy based interviews. A guy I know from HR told loads of fucking aspergs zoomers complained because the company wasn't being sensetive to "Neurodivergent" people :chrisfreshhah: :chrisfreshhah: :chrisfreshhah: :chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah: :chrisfreshhah:

For sure personality and good looks matter. They probably matter more in sales, or marketing, than technical roles.

But competency is king. People will talk shit about you behind your back if you ain't good at your job. There's a lovely but clueless lady in a senior role in my company. So many complain + chat shit about her behind her back lol, so much so that her name has become synonymous with incompetence. There's zero chance she gets promoted further.
You can only mask being a bumbling fucking simpleton with personality for so long. But 9/10, the person who are generally more well liked by senior figures are given a leg up. And they're so blantant about it wallahi.

Something like it happened; the difference is that the husband wasn't present when that previous incident took place.

The last time it happened was when I was 25; I was working with a woman (married) that asked to meet up with me in an empty, newly renovated wing of our workplace; she was actually very good looking but I couldn't go ahead with it.

The women were Indian on both occasions; I don't know what's going on there.

:manny::cosbyhmm:

The whole thing is bizarre because Asians (Thai/Filipinos) and Middle-Eastern (Lebanese/ Persians) have shown me the most interest. One Lebanese chick even told me that she wanted a black baby

:damn:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Still, she knows how to throw a good party, and makes excellent Christmas hampers

There is absolutely no substitute for performance and professionalism; you really do have to meet deadlines and KPIs and if you don't, you're courting resentment and ridicule -- and that's precisely why I focus heavily on any task and relax only afterwards.

You had a Moroccan ting and you're glad it didn't heat up?

:heh:

Wallahi, you're a good boy

Guardian Angel GIF

I had fun in high school but I also had girls that were just friends; the girls that I was friends with use to stroke my arms because I have really soft arms; one of them even licked my arm out of nowhere while we were in class.

I love my skin

:rejoice:

20220405_095444.jpg (1) (1).png

You had a Moroccan ting and you're glad it didn't heat up?

:heh:

Wallahi, you're a good boy

Guardian Angel GIF

I had fun in high school but I also had girls that were just friends; the girls that I was friends with use to stroke my arms because I have really soft arms; one of them even licked my arm out of nowhere while we were in class.

I love my skin

:rejoice:

View attachment 248853
Shorty wanted to taste that chocolate. :damn:

At least you work hard and you're agreeable. I have a short attention span, zero personality, sass for days and look like a troll doll thrown in the oven and set to broil. You're a beauty queen.

My greatest asset is record keeping. Cataloguing everyone's mistakes gives me leverage. The ugly advantage is no one pays notice so you catch them slipping.
don't lie girl. I've seen your picture before. :mybusiness: you're not on the troll team

There's just something goofy about a cadaan woman pushing some wirey haired mullato baby in a pram wallahi.
I remember I was in a lift with a bunch of white people and a lady matching this exact same description stepped in, albeit a partner and I kid you not as soon as she walked in they all bursted out laughing.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
don't lie girl. I've seen your picture before. :mybusiness: you're not on the troll team
But to be a part of Team troll is marvellous. Stunted but hideously cute. A gloriously fluffy mane of gravitate-defying hair in unnatural colours and large dilated pupils like you're on a 24/7 psychedelic trip. One can only dream. Sandro Botticelli had he been alive today would have painted the Birth of Venus in their likeness.

Trending

Latest posts