Long lost Somali's scattered across North East Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the wars against Abyssinia in the 16th century a lot of Somali soldiers scattered into neighboring nations eventually assimilating

Oromo

For example, Oromo's have assimilated millions of Somali's over the past 5 centuries. I know that some Harti and Geri for example have been assimilated along with some Hawiye/Dir. There are some Darod who are now Christian and do not speak Somali anymore but recognize their Somali roots and get in touch with their relatives every now and then.

Afar/Saho
But did you know that Afar's and Saho's have assimilated Somali's as well? Gadafur (Saho) and Nux Cumar (Afar) clans are Gadabirsi and Warsangeli originally.

Silt'e

A tribe called the Silt'e in Southern Ethiopia is said to have assimilated a lot of Somali's especially from the Marehan tribe after the loss the Adal empire was dealt with.

They don't live too close to Somali's because we are now separated by Oromo's who took some of lands in Ethiopia.

800px-Map_of_zones_of_Ethiopia.svg.png

Bale and the Hararge's in the blue was inhabited mostly by Somali's but now it is an Oromo region. The Silt'e live in the pink region right beside the Gurage region.

Beja
I read on another forum that the Beja might have a Somali element because of some of their qabil names.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amarar_tribe

Sounds like Amanreer Marehan and they have a sub group called Wagadhab which sounds like Wagardhac aka Maxamed Amanreer. They also claim to be Quraysh unlike other Beja's who claim to be descendants of Cush ibn Ham.

3d805ec64ed0266139da1be4d9e33d9c.png

The Beja's live in Sudan, Eritrea and even Egypt. Though this subgroup lives in Sudan and the names might be similar due to the languages being Cushitic.

Somali's would number 30+ million if these devastating wars did not happen. We lost a lot of people. Either they died or they were assimilated.

After the wars against Abyssinia in the 16th century a lot of Somali soldiers scattered into neighboring nations eventually assimilating

Oromo

For example, Oromo's have assimilated millions of Somali's over the past 5 centuries. I know that some Harti and Geri for example have been assimilated along with some Hawiye/Dir. There are some Darod who are now Christian and do not speak Somali anymore but recognize their Somali roots and get in touch with their relatives every now and then.

Afar/Saho
But did you know that Afar's and Saho's have assimilated Somali's as well? Gadafur (Saho) and Nux Cumar (Afar) clans are Gadabirsi and Warsangeli originally.

Silt'e

A tribe called the Silt'e in Southern Ethiopia is said to have assimilated a lot of Somali's especially from the Marehan tribe after the loss the Adal empire was dealt with.

They don't live too close to Somali's because we are now separated by Oromo's who took some of lands in Ethiopia.

Bale and the Hararge's in the blue was inhabited mostly by Somali's but now it is an Oromo region. The Silt'e live in the pink region right beside the Gurage region.

Beja
I read on another forum that the Beja might have a Somali element because of some of their qabil names.

Sounds like Amanreer Marehan and they have a sub group called Wagadhab which sounds like Wagardhac aka Maxamed Amanreer. They also claim to be Quraysh unlike other Beja's who claim to be descendants of Cush ibn Ham.

The Beja's live in Sudan, Eritrea and even Egypt. Though this subgroup lives in Sudan and the names might be similar due to the languages being Cushitic.

Somali's would number 30+ million if these devastating wars did not happen. We lost a lot of people. Either they died or they were assimilated.
Its all cool, they've just been assimilated into other noahites.

why somali population neva goes beyond around 20M is the desert environment,it wont even fully sustain couple million.
For millenia somalis been emigrating as far as europe,the mideast,east and central africa. good number of oromos have somali roots.

why somali population neva goes beyond around 20M is the desert environment,it wont even fully sustain couple million.
For millenia somalis been emigrating as far as europe,the mideast,east and central africa. good number of oromos have somali roots.

Because the men of each clan kill each other over petty disputes

I am Darood myself warya. I was gonna mention the sub sub sub clan but it would trigger a lot of people this ramadan so I won't.

Still not a good thing. Especially considering it was mostly under force.

Not true. The Somalis that we’re assimilated live in eastern Oromia part of the eastern Oromos, which are 100 percent Muslims. You won’t find a Christian Oromo in eastern Oromia unless he works for he government and transferred there. The Christian population reside in the west central portions of Oromia, Shawa, Wallaga etc.

Not true. The Somalis that we’re assimilated live in eastern Oromia part of the eastern Oromos, which are 100 percent Muslims. You won’t find a Christian Oromo in eastern Oromia unless he works for he government and transferred there. The Christian population reside in the west central portions of Oromia, Shawa, Wallaga etc.

so the christian and muslim oromos are like 2 different ethnic groups. they dont intermingle as such.

so the christian and muslim oromos are like 2 different ethnic groups. they dont intermingle as such.

We stick with our own. The only place you’d see a mix is in regions that have both Muslim and Christian populations. Western Arsi, Wallo Some of the western regions etc.

We are all settled so you won’t see an Oromo from on part of the country in a different region. They stay put and marry from within.

We stick with our own. The only place you’d see a mix is in regions that have both Muslim and Christian populations. Western Arsi, Wallo Some of the western regions etc.

We are all settled so you won’t see an Oromo from on part of the country in a different region. They stay put and marry from within.

so a christian oromo feels more closer to otha christians or sees himself oromo first.

so a christian oromo feels more closer to otha christians or sees himself oromo first.

The Shawan Oromos used to see themselves closer to Orthodox Christians. But ever since the “Oromo protests” few years back, that has all changed. They now see themselves as Oromo first, and have started using Afan Oromo in their churches. It was illegal to speak anything but Amharic in the Orthodox Church so they gave them the finger and went their own way.

The Protestant Christians(Wallaga) have had a mix of pro Ethiopia and pro Oromo ways. Today they all see themselves as Oromo first.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP

Oromo

Afar/Saho

Silt'e

Beja

intresting somalis were assimilated by other cushites

i like the beja bit as well cause somalis claim origin from quraish yet the assimilated somalis are the only ones who claim a quriash lineaje much like the darood and isaaq today while the other beja claim cush ibn ham which somalis and beja are in the first place

thank god for the beja keeping that geneological decent from cush ibn ham and not claiming quraish like some somalis do today, :mjkkk:

Since Oromo's are the closest geographically to us I assumed they became Oromo. Either way they are now non-Muslim but have not forgotten their roots.
intresting somalis were assimilated by other cushites

i like the beja bit as well cause somalis claim origin from quraish yet the assimilated somalis are the only ones who claim a quriash lineaje much like the darood and isaaq today while the other beja claim cush ibn ham which somalis and beja are in the first place

thank god for the beja keeping that geneological decent from cush ibn ham and not claiming quraish like some somalis do today, :mjkkk:
Yeah even Somali's assimilated others such as the Harla and even Sheikhaal (almost the same thing). It happens more than you would thin
I know some Beja's were originally Christian so they know a lot about that Nuh AS's lineage but Somali's have lost their roots over time

Status
Not open for further replies.