Lipstickalley dragging Somalis

Status
Not open for further replies.

TooMacaan

VIP
I've wanted to make videos based on these crazy madow girls but I got too scared. Doing something like that can cause everyone to hate you. They would drag me forever.

They were dragging this ethopian girl saying she isn't black :chrisfreshhah:

http://www.lipstickalley.com/showth...-is-NOT-BLACK-and-shares-genetic-test-results
They're not all bad, if you visit the link that Betterbro posted...most of the AA girls at LSA were more annoyed at Perched for trying to stir up drama than they were at the Somalis in here. But yes...some of the women there are really really insecure and will take any opportunity to attack certain groups. I keep pretty low key so I'm still in the green and haven't been dragged luckily :2tjlv3e:. What kind of topics were you thinking of covering?

ItsHanna

I am the Toby Flenderson of this forum
They're not all bad, if you visit the link that Betterbro posted...most of the AA girls at LSA were more annoyed at Perched for trying to stir up drama than they were at the Somalis in here. But yes...some of the women there are really really insecure and will take any opportunity to attack certain groups. I keep pretty low key so I'm still in the green and haven't been dragged luckily :2tjlv3e:. What kind of topics were you thinking of covering?

I was going to back this girl up

I agree with 100% of the things she said. I was also going to cover the shit that happened with Shea Moisture but I decided against it.

Leo

The Brave
With a name like lipstickalley, dragging anyone should be intolerable considering it sounds like a brothel. :kodaksmiley:

TooMacaan

VIP
I was going to back this girl up

I agree with 100% of the things she said. I was also going to cover the shit that happened with Shea Moisture but I decided against it.
Loooool, not her!!! Oh gosh, I remember when that video was really popular some years back...while some AA men backed her up, AA women weren't at all pleased and some Ethiopians were even in the comments like "I'm Ethiopian and she does not represent our views". :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa: Although the woman in the video says some true things here and there, I didn't really like her either tbh.

My advice, if you do go through with this idea, would be to approach it in a balanced way rather than an attack on AA women. Also, try not to generalize. You may get less chances of being dragged if you first criticize AA men as well (although that has a chance of backfiring and having AA men AND women drag you). Oh, and DO NOT mention that you are Somali or from EA region(that + combination of criticism = death sentence).

P.s. What were your major disagreements with the Shea Moisture situation??

ItsHanna

Loooool, not her!!! Oh gosh, I remember when that video was really popular some years back...while some AA men backed her up, AA women weren't at all pleased and some Ethiopians were even in the comments like "I'm Ethiopian and she does not represent our views". :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa: Although the woman in the video says some true things here and there, I didn't really like her either tbh.

My advice, if you do go through with this idea, would be to approach it in a balanced way rather than an attack on AA women. Also, try not to generalize. You may get less chances of being dragged if you first criticize AA men as well (although that has a chance of backfiring and having AA men AND women drag you). Oh, and DO NOT mention that you are Somali or from EA region(that + combination of criticism = death sentence).

P.s. What were your major disagreements with the Shea Moisture situation??

Either way if I back that girl up I will get destroyed so I won't do it lol.

My issue with the whole Shea Moisture issue is that I don't understand why they upset and calling for a boycott. I remember last year they were upset when Shea Moisture moved their products from the ethnic section to the main hair products section at he front and I remember all these madow girls were upset. My issue is.....well I don't know. I don't understand all the fake outrage. They are basically upset over a stupid advert.

TooMacaan

VIP
Either way if I back that girl up I will get destroyed so I won't do it lol.

My issue with the whole Shea Moisture issue is that I don't understand why they upset and calling for a boycott. I remember last year they were upset when Shea Moisture moved their products from the ethnic section to the main hair products section at he front and I remember all these madow girls were upset. My issue is.....well I don't know. I don't understand all the fake outrage. They are basically upset over a stupid advert.
Hey, if you get featured on TSotomayor's channel, you may gain a whole lotta fans:manny::pachah1: ...
:drakekidding: YouTube's rules have been strict lately about monitoring "offensive" content.

I was confused when I heard about the whole outrage about the Shea products as well because it's normal for a company to desire to expand their market but I read some posts by some AAs who were explaining it further and I can see where they are coming from (although it may not have warranted that big of a reaction).

The main reasons why they were angry was because it was a betrayal of sorts. I know this is weird but the best analogy I can think of is that Kanye song about when Black men achieve success, they'll abandon the Black girl who was holding it down & instead "upgrade" by getting a white girl. Prior to Shea, there weren't many businesses that used certain formulas that would work on "black hair" since most businesses tended to try to appeal to the mainstream/standard (and America is also majority white). Shea Moisture hair products got its start as a "black hair" company (and many AA women helped catapult its success because of the fact that it was providing something in the market which other brands neglected to do[catering to hair types that aren't "typical white hair"]), the largest consumers of Shea are black women (companies should know their demographic and its their responsibility not to anger them), the advertisements showcasing a lack of kinky hair in addition to pulling Shea out of the ethnic section made AA women feel like Shea was slowly changing its brand after using Black women's support to get a kick start (which probably felt like a slap in the face to them),etc.

The one point that they made which made me lean more towards their side is that they said it wasn't only about the Ads being inclusive to other 'races' but rather that the inclusivity was going to be accompanied by changes that would ultimately harm women with kinky hair. The claim made was that Shea Moisture was going to change the formulas in some of their products (some even claimed that they've already started doing it) in order to make a new formula that could work on non-kinky hair (generally, this means: white/Asian/"mixed"/middle eastern/etc. women's hair) since there is more money to be made with a non-kinky haired demographic. In short, AA women with kinky hair didn't want the formulas of their products to be replaced because they already feel like the hair product industries neglect their hair types and they felt threatened by all these changes Shea (who they felt was trying to switch up on them) were making.

f*ck Arabs I don't even consider them as humans
they aren't but some folks here promote beastiality and cry when their pet/sex buddy starts to show racist tendencies

anigif_sub-buzz-11986-1477505275-2.gif

ItsHanna

Hey, if you get featured on TSotomayor's channel, you may gain a whole lotta fans:manny::pachah1: ...
:drakekidding: YouTube's rules have been strict lately about monitoring "offensive" content.

I was confused when I heard about the whole outrage about the Shea products as well because it's normal for a company to desire to expand their market but I read some posts by some AAs who were explaining it further and I can see where they are coming from (although it may not have warranted that big of a reaction).

The main reasons why they were angry was because it was a betrayal of sorts. I know this is weird but the best analogy I can think of is that Kanye song about when Black men achieve success, they'll abandon the Black girl who was holding it down & instead "upgrade" by getting a white girl. Prior to Shea, there weren't many businesses that used certain formulas that would work on "black hair" since most businesses tended to try to appeal to the mainstream/standard (and America is also majority white). Shea Moisture hair products got its start as a "black hair" company (and many AA women helped catapult its success because of the fact that it was providing something in the market which other brands neglected to do[catering to hair types that aren't "typical white hair"]), the largest consumers of Shea are black women (companies should know their demographic and its their responsibility not to anger them), the advertisements showcasing a lack of kinky hair in addition to pulling Shea out of the ethnic section made AA women feel like Shea was slowly changing its brand after using Black women's support to get a kick start (which probably felt like a slap in the face to them),etc.

The one point that they made which made me lean more towards their side is that they said it wasn't only about the Ads being inclusive to other 'races' but rather that the inclusivity was going to be accompanied by changes that would ultimately harm women with kinky hair. The claim made was that Shea Moisture was going to change the formulas in some of their products (some even claimed that they've already started doing it) in order to make a new formula that could work on non-kinky hair (generally, this means: white/Asian/"mixed"/middle eastern/etc. women's hair) since there is more money to be made with a non-kinky haired demographic. In short, AA women with kinky hair didn't want the formulas of their products to be replaced because they already feel like the hair product industries neglect their hair types and they felt threatened by all these changes Shea (who they felt was trying to switch up on them) were making.

They're acting like their boyfriend cheated on them jeez no one owns them loyalty in my opinion

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
This thread explains why the world is headed for a catastrophic event.

A people who are in a state of sublime fuckery, justifying their pathetic situation by making racist slurs to feel better about themselves:

'O yee we in hard timez but you was in chainz breh ':ummhmm:

' I have a small nose iz dat y u Mad? ':stevej:

' STATISTICS SAY YOU'RE ALL CRIMINALS ':ufdup:

' We wuz Egyptians bruh ':russsmug:

' We enslaved madows bruh':rejoice:

'I'm so sexy look at my soft hair':mjswag:

'at least I don't have hair that can be used to wash dishes':mjohreally:

'we Somalis are the greatest just look at our beauty ':ummhmm:

' we Somalis are better than Madows because look at how they look! *random white guy says* 'white is right beeetch' the same xalimo cries 'racist!' :ummhmm:

The day I pray janazah for my Internet habits, the better my life will become. :superman:

TooMacaan

VIP
They're acting like their boyfriend cheated on them jeez no one owns them loyalty in my opinion
Me personally, if I give loyalty to someone and hold them down when they're at their rough...I'd expect (but not require) that same loyalty in turn. I think it's a reasonable human expectation even though there is no legal duty on behalf of the company to do so. At the end of the day, a business is a business and their number 1 goal is to make profits...thus, so I can see the perspective of "no one owes them loyalty" as well.

Just typical AA calcaaling. If they don't like it, don't buy it and support other black owned businesses.

TooMacaan

VIP
Just typical AA calcaaling. If they don't like it, don't buy it and support other black owned businesses.
I agree about ignoring Shea and support black owned businesses, especially since there are so many small ones out there today. I think the problem with that though is Shea Moisture was once a small black owned business (not 100% sure) before they got big via the support of AAs and turned their back on doing the very thing which led to their success. Thus, AA women may feel distrustful of investing in these new black owned bussiness lest they also "sell out" and put them through the same situation.
Anyways, as long as AAs aren't using law to force businesses to act one way or the other, idrc if they use their voice or whatever economic power they have in order to advance change (it's how the market works in the end; duty of businesses to appeal to their consumer base):manny:

Just proper looked through the forum, and noticed that they seem to be obsessed with Somalis and Ethiopians :faysalwtf: All you have to do is type up "somali", "ethiopian" or "east african" and a plethora of threads will pop up, most of them consisting of people questioning our blackness. Bisinka :mjlol:

Codeine

I got me some braids and I got me some hoes
That thread was calm tbh, they didn't say shit. Why are you guys upset? I thought shit was gonna get brutal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts