Legitimacy Of Somali DNA Project on FamilyTreeDNA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also @canjeeroiyoshah

These people running this project, tried to lie about Majeerteen and paint us as some type of social club confederation but we proved them wrong. The results prove that we are in fact a qabiil based on blood relations and @Libaax-Joore has our results.

There are people who wish to claim ALL Somali clans are a social construct and they want to lie about DNA results to achieve this aim. And there are those who just lie in general and enjoy causing chaos.

Keep your eyes peeled for more bullshit in the near future.

Also @canjeeroiyoshah

These people running this project, tried to lie about Majeerteen and paint us as some type of social club confederation but we proved them wrong. The results prove that we are in fact a qabiil based on blood relations and @Libaax-Joore has our results.

There are people who wish to claim ALL Somali clans are a social construct and they want to lie about DNA results to achieve this aim. And there are those who just lie in general and enjoy causing chaos.

Keep your eyes peeled for more bullshit in the near future.
Ah I see what you mean now, misery loves company.:dead:

Interesting some of the big clans absorbed some madhiban sub clans. How many other sub clans did madhiban also lose? :cosbyhmm:
I have no clue, the only way we might be able to figure out is to do nationwide testing.. unfortunately right now Somalia has bigger issues to focus on. Maybe someday in the future inshallah

Idk this indvidual but from reading his response in the thread @Pwyneth Galtrow shared, I'd say he's already made up his mind lol

If he or anyone else doesn't believe what I posted, I can share a screenshot of my FamilyTreeDNA results, might even be able to get another J1 Madhiban to come on here 😏

I suspect most J1 aka Semitic results, are actually Gabooyes.

The people running this project are literally going around and finding Gabooye people just to add their results under different clan names. Most recently, they added a Madhibaan DNA result from a Madhibaan sub-clan called 'Hawle' and they purposefully mislabelled it as Majeerteen, Reer Maxamuud.

I am telling you, the people running this project have ONE goal and one goal only, and that is erasing Gabooye existence altogether.

By the way, some of these people running the project are self-hating Gabooye- 100%.

It's very sad, because Gabooyes are the best Somalis and don't have blood on their hands like others do. These people will regret lying, because not only is claiming someone else as your father/clan father a grave sin in Islam. It is also a colossal waste of time and resources. Spend that time on preserving your heritage, promoting Artisanal skills and developing industries for your people, similar to Artisanal groups in Europe.

Last edited:
The people running this project are literally going around and finding Gabooye people just to add their results under different clan names. Most recently, they added a Madhibaan DNA result from a Madhibaan sub-clan called 'Hawle' and they purposefully mislabelled it as Majeerteen, Reer Maxamuud.
The funny thing is I found out about this Project through 23&Me when someone involved in it messaged me to join. This was also the case for another Madhibaan brother I spoke with, it seems individuals with J1 haplogroups are being scouted on 23&Me.

By the way, some of these people running the project are self-hating Gabooye- 100%.
I'm well aware of it and I think it's shameful behavior. Pretending to be something you're not might make things easier for you individually but will not change the predicament of your people. These are selfish and self-centered individuals who are only concerned about how they are perceived. You can deceive others, but you CANNOT deceive yourself.

It's very sad, because Gabooyes are the best Somalis and don't have blood on their hands like others do. These people will regret lying, because not only is claiming someone else as your father/clan father a grave sin in Islam. It is also a colossal waste of time and resources. Spend that time on preserving your heritage, promoting Artisanal skills and developing industries for your people, similar to Artisanal groups in Europe.
Most of us are not in denial about ourselves, It's few who are willing to sell themselves for the acceptance of others. At the same time, I put more of the blame on Somali society for psychologically robbing these people. If we were true to our Islamic values, people wouldn't be forced to behave in such a dispicable manner.

The funny thing is I found out about this Project through 23&Me when someone involved in it messaged me to join. This was also the case for another Madhibaan brother I spoke with, it seems individuals with J1 haplogroups are being scouted on 23&Me.

I'm well aware of it and I think it's shameful behavior. Pretending to be something you're not might make things easier for you individually but will not change the predicament of your people. These are selfish and self-centered individuals who are only concerned about how they are perceived. You can deceive others, but you CANNOT deceive yourself.

Most of us are not in denial about ourselves, It's few who are willing to sell themselves for the acceptance of others. At the same time, I put more of the blame on Somali society for psychologically robbing these people. If we were true to our Islamic values, people wouldn't be forced to behave in such a dispicable manner.

I also blame Somalis for all of this, we are a sick society and this social discrimination has been going on for centuries.
Thanks to this fraudulent project, some Arabs and even Daaroods actually continue to think Daaroods are descended from Semites, when in fact, actual Daaroods are E1B1etc. Somalis. I think I even read that some of this testing is even being funded by Arabs!

But the truth is that Somalised Arabs are among the Gabooyes NOT the Daarood. I'll give you one example of how this happened.

Sultan Keenadiid was kicked out to Yemen by the Majeerteen King, so he brought along Yemeni musketeers to establish his own Sultanate in Hobyo. Some of these Yemeni soldiers of his, ended up marrying Gabooye women (Madhibaan), their offspring joined or claimed the Gabooye community.
Perhaps Gabooye groups have always been more welcoming to foreigners throughout history and that's why there are E1B1 AND Semitic Gabooyes. Perhaps you can shed more light on this?

I found another one, purposefully mislabelled as "Dhulbahante" when it's actually a Semitic origin Gabooye person.

1660255708838.png

I found another one, purposefully mislabelled as "Dhulbahante" when it's actually a Semitic origin Gabooye person.

View attachment 233610
Yeah, it's the EXACT same sub-clade as the other samples, and considering the fact that those other samples are all either Madhiban or Tumaal; it doesn't make sense for that person to be Darood. There are some who refuse to acknowledge that they are in fact assimilated. I don't understand how someone can live in denial when the evidence clearly contradicts their perceived reality. It's a disservice to yourself and to all your ancestors. Imagine seeing your descendants claim someone else rather than you, the one who gave birth to them... its truly a shame. You have not only shamed yourself but your forefathers as well.

All we can do is make dua that one day they might wholeheartedly accept and love themselves for who they truly are.

Sorry for the late reply, I come on this site once in a blue moon.

Yeah, it's the EXACT same sub-clade as the other samples, and considering the fact that those other samples are all either Madhiban or Tumaal; it doesn't make sense for that person to be Darood. There are some who refuse to acknowledge that they are in fact assimilated. I don't understand how someone can live in denial when the evidence clearly contradicts their perceived reality. It's a disservice to yourself and to all your ancestors. Imagine seeing your descendants claim someone else rather than you, the one who gave birth to them... its truly a shame. You have not only shamed yourself but your forefathers as well.

All we can do is make dua that one day they might wholeheartedly accept and love themselves for who they truly are.

Sorry for the late reply, I come on this site once in a blue moon.

Hey walaale! Good to see you again.

I find it fascinating that these Semitic results tend to belong to Gabooyes. If only the SDP/SDPP labelled the results correctly, we'd have more insight into why that is. I suspect that Semites from Yemen or via Ethiopia entered the Somali ethnic group at some point, it would make sense considering Somali migration patterns.

Do any of your abtirsi lead back to Dir or Jabarti? According to this Tumaal leads straight back to Jabarti which technically makes them Darood
Idk if I replied to this one but I'll say this, I believe that the Abtris on that link is fabricated as I've been told by elders that Hayag Dulbahante has indeed assimilated some Madhibans + Tumaals. Personally, I've never heard from my family making any links between Mahdiban and Darood Al-Jabarti. What I've recently discovered tho, is that the Madhibans/Tumaal J1 samples as well as lots of Yemeni/Saudi samples happen to fall under an Eritrean Al-Jabarti sample that is 4400 years old.

- Here is the YFULL PAGE for the Eritrean sample.
- Evidence of the Eritrean sample being Al-Jabarti can be found in this tweet.
  1. If that is indeed true then it would mean that Al-Jabarti genetically is a J1 tribe while the majority of Daroods + Somalis have been proven to be Ev32.
  2. Given the fact that Daroods is also the biggest tribe across Greater Somalia, it doesn't make sense for ALL OF THEM to have forefathers from Arabia when only 3-5% of Somali population even have J, to begin with.
  3. Based on what I've seen, If there are Daroods who have forefathers from Arabia they would be a small minority.
  4. That raises another question in itself, how can they be Darood when they have a different patenal liange than the majority of Daroods?
  5. Are these minorities assimilated Madhiban/Tumaal as we have seen it happen before?
  6. If that minority are the true descendants of Al-Jabarti, for what reason did the majority of claim the lineage of a minority?

It's a rabit hole of endless questions. If you look at all these points, Darood having Arabian origin seems like a myth. It only makes sense if you decide to ignore logic, reasoning and go with the tales we've been told by the older generation.

Hey walaale! Good to see you again.

I find it fascinating that these Semitic results tend to belong to Gabooyes. If only the SDP/SDPP labelled the results correctly, we'd have more insight into why that is. I suspect that Semites from Yemen or via Ethiopia entered the Somali ethnic group at some point, it would make sense considering Somali migration patterns.

It's funny I have some recent Ethiopian mix show up on my 23&Me results. I've also done multiple sites for genetic testing, from Illustrator DNA, G25, GedMatch, and FamilyTreeDNA. The ones that had genetic distancing told me in terms of genetic distance, Oromo being the closest to me... before any Somali results. Also considering that the Eritrean sample my sub-clade falls under is 4400 years old, it points to Ethio-Semitic origin. The oldest branch is 4400 years old but the one below that I share with the Yemeni/Saudis is 2500 years old meaning there was constant migration between the horn and Yemen. I have to look into the dates of Ethiopian kingdoms like Auxum to figure out more but thought I'd share what I found so far. Maybe I should make a post with the results when I have a chance.

Idk if I replied to this one but I'll say this, I believe that the Abtris on that link is fabricated as I've been told by elders that Hayag Dulbahante has indeed assimilated some Madhibans + Tumaals. Personally, I've never heard from my family making any links between Mahdiban and Darood Al-Jabarti. What I've recently discovered tho, is that the Madhibans/Tumaal J1 samples as well as lots of Yemeni/Saudi samples happen to fall under an Eritrean Al-Jabarti sample that is 4400 years old.

- Here is the YFULL PAGE for the Eritrean sample.
- Evidence of the Eritrean sample being Al-Jabarti can be found in this tweet.
  1. If that is indeed true then it would mean that Al-Jabarti genetically is a J1 tribe while the majority of Daroods + Somalis have been proven to be Ev32.
  2. Given the fact that Daroods is also the biggest tribe across Greater Somalia, it doesn't make sense for ALL OF THEM to have forefathers from Arabia when only 3-5% of Somali population even have J, to begin with.
  3. Based on what I've seen, If there are Daroods who have forefathers from Arabia they would be a small minority.
  4. That raises another question in itself, how can they be Darood when they have a different patenal liange than the majority of Daroods?
  5. Are these minorities assimilated Madhiban/Tumaal as we have seen it happen before?
  6. If that minority are the true descendants of Al-Jabarti, for what reason did the majority of claim the lineage of a minority?

It's a rabit hole of endless questions. If you look at all these points, Darood having Arabian origin seems like a myth. It only makes sense if you decide to ignore logic, reasoning and go with the tales we've been told by the older generation.

At MOST, Daarood could have been someone with Somali roots who moved back to what is now called Somalia historically. For instance, we have Arabs that are related to Majeerteen living in Libya and Saudi Arabia (Even Oman has a large community). Back migration is a plausible theory.

Anyone with a Semitic haplogroup is 100% assimilated into the Somali Daarood clan. Perhaps some families adopted their in-laws, or like you said they are assimilated Gabooye people. Or it's like the Somali DNA Project/Somali DNA Peace Project where people are submitting their results under the wrong sub-clan names.

It's funny I have some recent Ethiopian mix show up on my 23&Me results. I've also done multiple sites for genetic testing, from Illustrator DNA, G25, GedMatch, and FamilyTreeDNA. The ones that had genetic distancing told me in terms of genetic distance, Oromo being the closest to me... before any Somali results. Also considering that the Eritrean sample my sub-clade falls under is 4400 years old, it points to Ethio-Semitic origin. The oldest branch is 4400 years old but the one below that I share with the Yemeni/Saudis is 2500 years old meaning there was constant migration between the horn and Yemen. I have to look into the dates of Ethiopian kingdoms like Auxum to figure out more but thought I'd share what I found so far. Maybe I should make a post with the results when I have a chance.

@Reekha for instance, is a Yibir sister with a Semitic haplogroup. I suspect Yibirs are Hebrews and could also have migrated from 'Axum' to present-day Somalia.

Thnaks walaal I will read it now!

There needs to be massive testing of Yibir, Madhiban and Tumals. I've seen some with J1/J2 and some with EV32. Once we have more tests we can determine how widespread this is. Another thing is some of these clans can be found across all Somali regions so it would interesting to see if it's all of them who carry these haplogroups or if it's a particular region that carries J1/j2.
Can you tell me how many of these tribes have the E-V32 Haplogroup? Because I recently saw Tumal and Hawle Qasim with this haplogroup. I assume you have enough data to answer this.

I have seen a lot of people on this website who are trying to to taint the image of the warsangeli as a non related clan. Quite frankly, we did our own testing and proved all those who took the test are EV-32. So far there is 20 of us and not a single J1, T, or any other Haplogrpup.

I have seen a lot of people on this website who are trying to to taint the image of the warsangeli as a non related clan. Quite frankly, we did our own testing and proved all those who took the test are EV-32. So far there is 20 of us and not a single J1, T, or any other Haplogrpup.

To be honest, it's Warsangelis on this forum who are saying they have J results.
You guys need to sort it out among yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending