Legitimacy Of Somali DNA Project on FamilyTreeDNA

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was narrated from Abu Dharr (may Allaah be pleased with him) that he heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Any man who knowingly claims to belong to someone other than his father has committed an act of kufr. Anyone who claims to belong to a people when he has no lineage among them, let him take his place in Hell.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (3317) and Muslim (61).

Please keep the above quote in mind while reading the following points regarding the manipulation of genetic paternal linages (father's lineage) that has taken place in Somali DNA Project on FamilyTreeDNA. The screenshot below is Somali Kits with Paternal Haplogroup J-M267. The Qabil names on the samples have been manipulated.
1.jpg

1. “Mohammed Barre” is Maxaad-Barre, a Madhiban clan. It is NOT a Darood clan. That is legit my clan. :ftw9nwa:
  2. Also Ciise Cade is Tumal Clan, It is NOT a Darood clan. I have first cousins who are Tumal.
  3. The Dhulbahante sample has the same sub-Clade “J-FT115567” as other Madhibans like Kit:921645 and my Kit as well. The only possible conclusion is that the owner of this kit is an assimilated Madhiban. There are rumors that Dhulbahante Hayaag has assimilated some Madhibans in the north, it's not surprising at all tbh.

All these samples fall under the Eritrean Al-Jabarti sample on YFull (ID: YF89158). That sample is the oldest in the branch, meaning that it is the forefather of all samples below it. Tbh it explains why they would want to tamper with the results; to give genetic legitimacy to the claim that Darood has some connection to Al-Jabarti.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Link To This Tweet

To be fair, the recent changes have removed the fake “Darood” label and added the correct Tummal/Madhiban Clans but for some reason, they refuse to treat the samples from these minority clans the same as all other samples by including the Sub-Clan & the associated Main Clan. Clearly, someone doesn't want these genetic lineages associated with these minority clans.

4.jpg

You will notice that that the Kit Numbers are the same but have different names when comparing the first and last screenshots. Screenshots of these tampered results are being used on Twitter by Arabs and others who have been convinced that these Kits are Darood. I didn't think much of it at first but I've seen enough to warrant this little investigation. Tbh it seems like there are people who are deliberately tampering with the results to push a certain agenda.

It doesn't matter even if you fix it, as long as the same admins continue to manage these projects, they WILL undermine the legitimacy of the entire project. How can we trust the rest of these results when parts of the project have clearly been manipulated?

I've always wondered, why are Tummal and Madhiban always lumped together? They are two different clans right? I had a suspicions that these clans are actually subclans of the bigger dir/jabarti fold. Also how many sub-clans of each are there? I know there are many Tumaals in Woqooyi Galbeed and they have lived there for a very long time. I know one Ciise Cade who is an exporter in MN and always ships stuff to Bosaso and Berbera , I'm going to ask him to take a 23andMe.

Madhiban, Yibir and Tumal are lumped together because we are part of the political confederation Gabooye. We tend to also marry each other a lot so we’ve become very close but not all are related.

I’m not too familiar with the sub-clans of the others except for my tribe, Madhiban. Here is a quick tree I made to the best of my knowledge.

B615987C-D56B-432F-8C24-C12C2471AF93.jpeg

Let me know if your friend does the test inshallah

Madhiban, Yibir and Tumal are lumped together because we are part of the political confederation Gabooye. We tend to also marry each other a lot so we’ve become very close but not all are related.

I’m not too familiar with the sub-clans of the others except for my tribe, Madhiban. Here is a quick tree I made to the best of my knowledge.

View attachment 229266

Let me know if your friend does the test inshallah

Do any of your abtirsi lead back to Dir or Jabarti? According to this Tumaal leads straight back to Jabarti which technically makes them Darood

Last edited:
I am glad more and more people are noticing what is going on with this project.

Another Madhibaan brother on here pointed this out before. For example a Tumaal clan was added under the Majeerteen name (Ciise Cadde). Even though their result does not match with Majeerteen and they are a stand-alone clan in Somalia!

People should ask themselves why the people running the project:

1. Have a fixation with hiding Madhibaan results under incorrect clan lineages.

=================
Us Majeerteen were forced to carry out our own testing due to this agenda, and we have identified our lineage markers. I suggest other clans carry out their own private testing and open their eyes.

Do any of your abtirsi lead back to Dir or Jabarti? According to this Tumaal leads straight back to Jabarti which technically makes them Darood
No, but I am aware of the fact that there are some that claim Darood and there are some that claim Hawiye in the south. I wholeheartedly am against all and claim nothing but my tribe. It's unfortunate that some of my people have been pushed to the point that they have to claim something else in order to live a peaceful life. How can we say that we are Muslims yet treat other Muslims like this? those that have been wronged will receive justice, if not in this life then surely in akhirah.

I am glad more and more people are noticing what is going on with this project.

Another Madhibaan brother on here pointed this out before. For example a Tumaal clan was added under the Majeerteen name (Ciise Cadde). Even though their result does not match with Majeerteen and they are a stand-alone clan in Somalia!

People should ask themselves why the people running the project:

1. Have a fixation with hiding Madhibaan results under incorrect clan lineages.

=================
Us Majeerteen were forced to carry out our own testing due to this agenda, and we have identified our lineage markers. I suggest other clans carry out their own private testing and open their eyes.
It defeats the whole purpose of the project. I genuinely want to compare the oral abtirsi we've been taught against the genetic lineages we find to uncover the real history of the Somali people. For that to happen we need to take the results as is without including any biased narratives.

@GhostOfSomalia

Read this topic also:

=======

If any group in Somalia has Semitic roots, it is the Tumaal people with their J1/J2 results. Not Daarood, who has E1B1+ results.
Thnaks walaal I will read it now!

There needs to be massive testing of Yibir, Madhiban and Tumals. I've seen some with J1/J2 and some with EV32. Once we have more tests we can determine how widespread this is. Another thing is some of these clans can be found across all Somali regions so it would interesting to see if it's all of them who carry these haplogroups or if it's a particular region that carries J1/j2.

Last edited:
It defeats the whole purpose of the project. I genuinely want to compare the oral abtirsi we've been taught against the genetic lineages we find to uncover the real history of the Somali people. For that to happen we need to take the results as is without including any biased narratives.

It defeats the whole purpose and that's done on purpose. These people are deliberately spreading misinformation about DNA and even about Somali history (Wikepedia).

Thnaks walaal I will read it now!

There needs to be massive testing of Yibir, Madhiban and Tumals. I've seen some with J1/J2 and some with EV32. Once we have more tests we can determine how widespread this is. Another thing is some of these clans can be found across all Somali regions so it would interesting to see if it's all of them who carry these haplogroups or if it's a particular region that carries J1/j2.

I recently read something about Irish travellers and their history is quite similar to Gabooyes; they were a mobile group who lived across the British isles and their job was tinkering.

Isn't it interesting? It seems like many ethnic groups have groups like the Gabooyes who were skilled people who moved wherever they could find clients. I have seen some people try to claim that for example, Madhibaans, are not related to each other by lineage and that's also false.

Qofwalan

house of samatalis
Interesting some of the big clans absorbed some madhiban sub clans. How many other sub clans did madhiban also lose? :cosbyhmm:

I recently read something about Irish travellers and their history is quite similar to Gabooyes; they were a mobile group who lived across the British isles and their job was tinkering.

Isn't it interesting? It seems like many ethnic groups have groups like the Gabooyes who were skilled people who moved wherever they could find clients. I have seen some people try to claim that for example, Madhibaans, are not related to each other by lineage and that's also false.
Yes, I've heard the same thing. Certain individuals don't even believe that Madhibaan is even a clan they believe it's a trade/craft which is extremely inaccurate.

Yes, I've heard the same thing. Certain individuals don't even believe that Madhibaan is even a clan they believe it's a trade/craft which is extremely inaccurate.

I have read that on this forum also.

There is a concerted effort on this project ane even on this forum to erase and lie about Gabooye people.

It would be great if people like yourself logged and researched your history and saved it for future generations. I have huge respect for Gabooye people and believe that if they were in charge, Somalia would be a developed nation.

Interesting some of the big clans absorbed some madhiban sub clans. How many other sub clans did madhiban also lose? :cosbyhmm:

I don't know who absorbed who. However, this project does not show absorption. It shows that the people running it are purposefully listing Gabooye results under random clan names.

In fact, this entire project is based on lying about Gabooye people and pretending Gabooyes do not exist.

Why? I have my theories but I will let people make their own conclusions.

Last edited:
Any Somali who has J1/J2 results is either from the registered Arab sub-clans or a Gabooye sub-clan. There is no way on earth that someone is legitimately part of a Somali tribe and also has this haplogroup. It does not add up.

Daarood are not Arab. That is 100% certain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending