Language game and questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BankaTuyo

حيران
Biciid is oryx.
Libaax-badeed is shark.
Nibiri is whale.
Hoonbaro(there's also another word for it, but I can't remember it atm) is dolphin.

What does Isxabaal look like?
Aargoosato = Lobster
Geel ka cabaadis, caasha badhi, malow are all different types of lizards. Others include mas-cagaley, qoroto etc.
Fiidmeer is bat
Xoor = Honey badger
Jirjirroole = Chameleon
Galow/Fiin= Never seen them, but I believe they're some sort of galliform birds. Gorayo is ostrich.
Gafane = Tick
Dabagaale = Squirrel

Spot on. Geel-ka-cabaadis, Qoroto, Malaw, caasha-badhi, Goodaado, are all kinds of lizards.

BankaTuyo

حيران
The other likely isxabaal is this one but kinda looks like worm. Couldn't get the perfect one but this is the closest one.
brahminyblindsnake1-jpg.55643

Yes, this is not it, but isxabaal is some sort of a worm.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Yes, this is not it, but isxabaal is some sort of a worm.
Yeah mainly it sort of a worm, but you know there are like other insect which which dug the earth and the language isn't covering all animals, there also isxabaal-like insects used in some Somali regions. I also know it's a worm too

BankaTuyo

حيران
there also isxabaal-like insects used in some Somali regions

there is a cockroach looking insect with an oval shaped shell/cover on it's back that borrows into the dirt once you get near it. never heard it being called by a name.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
there is a cockroach looking insect with an oval shaped shell/cover on it's back that borrows into the dirt once you get near it. never heard it being called by a name.
You mean like the one which is into feces of animal and navigating it almost all the time.. if it's that one some people call it xaar walwaal while some call it doorsho:siilaanyolaugh: even though it is also known as a cake

There is also another insect which there are some myths about it, that it reproduces scorpion, but it's known as shuunkaai/shunkaay/shunkai

Last edited:

BankaTuyo

حيران
You mean like the one which is into feces of animal and navigating it almost all the time.. if it's that one somd people call it xaar walwaal while some call it doorsho:siilaanyolaugh: even though is a cake

There is also another insect which there are some myths about it, that it reproduces scorpion, but it's known as shuunkaai/shunkaay/shunkai

not xaar-walwaal, this insect almost looks like an armadillo shrunk to the size of a cockroach.

BankaTuyo

حيران
Geelmaanyo : Seal (Don't pronounce this name near Somalis :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:)

Hoonbaro : Dolphin

Faramagoogo/Farabadan: Octopus

Aarigoosto: Lobster

Casaanyo/Carsaanyo: Crab

Last edited:

BankaTuyo

حيران
Wow! we're the same almost, nicely done too. Keep up the work bro!:hemad:

thanks bro, we should do this more often in sspot instead of Xaliimo did this or Faarax did that. let me give you some terms and you replay with the English names or explanation. ok?

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
thanks bro, we should do this more often in sspot instead of Xaliimo did this or Faarax did that. let me give you some terms and you replay with the English names or explanation. ok?
Yeah bro, ask me anything?:siilaanyolaugh: I'll try my best

BankaTuyo

حيران
Yeah bro, ask me anything?:siilaanyolaugh: I'll try my best

i asked you the wrong question format.. never mind here it goes; i'll give you the explanation and you replay with the somali name?

-a flock of sheep? -a tribe of Goats? their collective noun?
-young ram and ewe (young male/female sheep)? young buck/doe (young male/female goat)? their collective noun?
-middle aged doe (female goat) - middle aged ewe (female sheep)?
-sheep/goats only meant for consumption/slaughtering?
-sheep/goats only meant for selling/exporting?

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
i asked you the wrong question format.. never mind here it goes; i'll give you the explanation and you replay with the somali name?

-a flock of sheep? -a tribe of Goats? their collective noun?
-young ram and ewe (young male/female sheep)? young buck/doe (young male/female goat)? their collective noun?
-middle aged doe (female goat) - middle aged ewe (female sheep)?
-sheep/goats only meant for consumption/slaughtering?
-sheep/goats only meant for selling/exporting?
Bruh, Idk much about animals:jcoleno: I kinda heard these questions, used to dodge them a lot
I'll try some. Basically I'll type what I know and still leave the once idk in Eng
Ido/idaha , ariga
Young ram , lax/ewe
Wan/ram male goat/orgi female goat/r'i
Young ones waxaro/waxar=singular
Middle aged doe=maybe el eelo , irmaan
Oh dammit, I heard about those ones, the ones for consumption, the ones for sale, the ones who can't be sold, etc. I forgot tho:mjhaps: It was a long time too...

BankaTuyo

حيران
Bruh, Idk much about animals:jcoleno: I kinda heard these questions, used to dodge them a lot
I'll try some. Basically I'll type what I know and still leave the once idk in Eng
Ido/idaha , ariga
Young ram , lax/ewe
Wan/ram male goat/orgi female goat/r'i
Young ones waxaro/waxar=singular
Middle aged doe=maybe el eelo , irmaan
Oh dammit, I heard about those ones, the ones for consumption, the ones for sale, the ones who can't be sold, etc. I forgot tho:mjhaps: It was a long time too...

not bad. here is the break down:

-a flock of sheep = Ido -a tribe of Goats = Riyo their collective noun =Adhi/Ari (i don't know why goats take the collective noun because adhi can refer to a group of goats excluding the sheep).

-young ram and ewe (young female/male sheep) = Nayyl (notice the stress at Y) Nayl as group known as Naylo
-young buck/doe (young female/male goat) = Waxxar (notice the stress at X), Waxar. as a group known as Waxaro both groups (Naylo and Waxaro) ----- their collective noun= Maqal

-middle aged doe (female goat) = Ceesaan - middle aged ewe (female sheep) = Sabeen

-sheep/goats only meant for consumption/slaughtering = Daabax

-sheep/goats only meant for selling/exporting = Ahmin

Last edited:

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
not bad. here is the break down:

-a flock of sheep = Ido -a tribe of Goats = Riyo their collective noun =Riyo (i don't know why goats take the collective noun).

-young ram and ewe (young male/female sheep) = Nayyl (notice the stress at Y) Nayl as group known as Naylo
-young buck/doe (young male/female goat) = Waxxar (notice the stress at X), Waxar. as a group known as Waxaro both groups (Naylo and Waxaro) ----- their collective noun= Maqal

-middle aged doe (female goat) = Ceesaan - middle aged ewe (female sheep) = Sabeen

-sheep/goats only meant for consumption/slaughtering = Daabax

-sheep/goats only meant for selling/exporting = Ahmin
Apart from Ahmin and Daabax , I heard all of em:russ::russ:
I think riyo is a herd of female goats
While ariga is general term, both male/female goat

I'm embarrassed to say the least, couldn't recall those names like ceesan=I used to admire that name too:pachah1: thnx tho..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending