Language game and questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BankaTuyo

حيران
Apart from Ahmin and Daabax , I heard all of em:russ::russ:
I think riyo is a herd of female goats
While ariga is general term, both male/female goat

I'm embarrassed to say the least, couldn't recall those names like ceesan=I used to admire that name too:pachah1: thnx tho..

true sxb hhhhh, i use Ceesaan as a derogatory term to insult someone who is stupid, i don't know why it just sounds fun.

there are terms i still don't fully grasp, like Sumal. i know it is sheep but the i don't understand the reference.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
true sxb hhhhh, i use Ceesaan as a derogatory term to insult someone who is stupid, i don't know why it just sounds fun.

there are terms i still don't fully grasp, like Sumal. i know it is sheep but the i don't understand the reference.
I kinda used to call girls with that name like "Naa ceesan/ceeysaan dharagte ayaa tahey kabax/katag meesha":pachah1::pachah1:

First time hearing it Sumal, it's fun and games with Somali language.
Sometimes, this forums needs some entertainmnet like this one. This is one hella thread I made that I'm proud of:mjlol:

Last edited:

BankaTuyo

حيران
Dibi = Ox/Bull .... young ox/bull/calve (Weyyl)
Sac = Cow ..... young cow/calve (Weyl)
Group name Lo' (Bovine/Cattle)

Awr = adult male camel........... young awr = Qaalin
Hal
= adult female camel........... young Hal = Qaallin
Geel =
Group name of camels (Train)

@sigmund
Arbe = Male Elephant
Qalanjo = Famle elephant
Maroodi = Collective noun of elephants

Aar = adult male lion
Gool = adult female lion
Libaax = Group name

Atoor = Adult male Dik-Dik
Yac = Adult female Dik-Dik
Sakaaro/Sagaaro = Collective noun

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Dibi = Ox/Bull .... young ox/bull/calve (Weyyl)
Sac = Cow ..... young cow/calve (Weyl)
Group name Lo' (Bovine/Cattle)

Awr = adult male camel........... young awr = Qaalin
Hal
= adult female camel........... young Hal = Qaallin
Geel =
Group name of camels (Train)

@sigmund
Arbe = Male Elephant
Qalanjo = Famle elephant
Maroodi = Collective noun of elephants

Aar = adult male lion
Gool = adult female lion
Libaax = Group name

Atoor = Adult male Dik-Dik
Yac = Adult female Dik-Dik
Sakaaro/Sagaaro = Collective noun
We also call chicks/girls qalanjo, does that mean they're female elephants, astaqfirullah:drakelaugh::drakelaugh::deadrose::dead1:

BankaTuyo

حيران
We also call chicks/girls qalanjo, does that mean they're female elephants, astaqfirullah:drakelaugh::drakelaugh::deadrose::dead1:

hahahah, it is the definition of an oxymoron/irony, we use Qalanjo for the beautiful woman/girl yet the female elephant is the ugliest animal out there.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
hahahah, it is the definition of an oxymoron/irony, we use Qalanjo for the beautiful woman/girl yet the female elephant is the ugliest animal out there.
Acudhubillah, it's true wallahi:lolbron::lolbron: Something needs to be fixed
In the south shuun is known as pubic hair while Northern areas, I heard it's a name for or given to beautiful girls:drakelaugh::drakelaugh: Can't stop laughing, bruh!!

BankaTuyo

حيران
I'm 16 in US btw. I was born In Gedo region tho

you are young and knowledgeable in your culture, kudos to you bro, i am from Burao, Togdheer and it always amazes me how similar Gedo culture -- including fauna/flora nomenclature--- and dialect are similar to that of the north despite the vast distance.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
you are young and knowledgeable in your culture, kudos to you bro, i am from Burao, Togdheer and it always amazes me how similar Gedo culture -- including fauna/flora nomenclature--- and dialect are similar to that of the north despite the vast distance.
Yeah it's similar, idk why tho. Yeah, thnx too

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
So, about sheeps...I have heard people say "lax iyo wan" and "sabeen iyo sumal"
..What exactly is the difference? I'm really bad when it comes to adhiga iyo waxaas.

I'm going to make a wild guess and say...lax= ta wax dhashay, sabeen= one that hasn't yet lambed?
Wan is the lab(male) version of laxda, and sumal is the lab version of sabeenta.
..Am I way too off?:icon lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending