Jasmine Tookes is the prettiest most looking Somali

Apollo

VIP
It's just really hard to convince me given the brow bone, jawline and overall eye distance.

I recently met more and more Afro-Latinos, especially Dominicans and Afro-Brazilians.

I don't know where this meme came from that they look like Habeshas or Horners, but it is absolutely not true, lol.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I recently met more and more Afro-Latinos, especially Dominicans and Afro-Brazilians.

I don't know where this meme came from that they look like Habeshas or Horners, but it is absolutely not true, lol.

I have no clue where it comes from. I think maybe their point of reference is very narrow because they aren't around as many. I would say though the continuum of Afro-Latino is broad she blends in well. She reminds me of a darker version of Lais Ribeiro. If anything most of them look confusingly tri-racial which is endemic to Latin America.
1624061631211.png

Apollo

VIP
I have no clue where it comes from. I think maybe their point of reference is very narrow because they aren't around as many. I would say though the continuum of Afro-Latino is broad she blends in well. She reminds me of a darker version of Lais Ribeiro. If anything most of them look confusingly tri-racial which is endemic to Latin America.
View attachment 189381

I think people are lazy and mainly look at salient features like skin color and nose shape perhaps, but ignore many of the other subtilties that differentiate groups.

As a kid I grew up in a rural town with almost only whites and back then Turks and Arabs (main minorities in my country) looked the same to me due to inexperience, but now I can tell them apart in seconds.

Something like the above phenomenon may be the case with Americans who say Ethiopians and Dominicans look similar (inexperience with both groups).

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I think people are lazy and mainly look at salient features like skin color and nose shape perhaps, but ignore many of the other subtilties that differentiate groups.

As a kid I grew up in a rural town with almost only whites and back then Turks and Arabs (main minorities in my country) looked the same to me due to inexperience, but now I can tell them apart in seconds.

Something like the above phenomenon may be the case with Americans who say Ethiopians and Dominicans look similar (inexperience with both groups).

They tend to look at the over all rather than the granular details. Many are too cognitively lazy TBH. Like you said. I came across plenty of Turks. They look very different to Arabs. I've even seen some that look more borderline East European and others who blend in more with MENA groups but seem distinguishable.

I came across people familiar with Somalis who could tell Somalis and Ethiopians apart with ease. Similar to @stophatingtho. :lol:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Apollo

VIP
They tend to look at the over all rather than the granular details. Many are too cognitively lazy TBH. Like you said. I came across plenty of Turks. They look very different to Arabs. I've even seen some that look more borderline East European and others who blend in more with MENA groups but seem distinguishable.

I came across people familiar with Somalis who could tell Somalis and Ethiopians apart with ease. Similar to @stophatingtho. :lol:

Turks show no African tendencies while Arabs have this pseudo-blackness about them. I only started noticing later on as I moved to a bigger city. Rarely see Turks with curly hair or full lips, but with Arabs it is much more common, even Syrians. Also, the back of the head of Turks is nearly always flat, while with Arabs they have this rounded back of the head.

Face looks Somali, but the attire makes me think Ethiopian. Ethiopians often wear these suit jackets.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Turks show no African tendencies while Arabs have this pseudo-blackness about them. I only started noticing later on as I moved to a bigger city. Rarely see Turks with curly hair or full lips, but with Arabs it is much more common, even Syrians. Also, the back of the head of Turks is nearly always flat, while with Arabs they have this rounded back of the head.

Face looks Somali, but the attire makes me think Ethiopian. Ethiopian often wear these suit jackets.

He's Eritrean so you were close.

:faysalwtf: How could you tell from mere attire alone?

Somalis definitely have a distinct look, however there are a lot of Somalis that don't have the classic look so they somewhat look ambiguous. Jasmin tookes looks more Somali than a lot of Somalis I know.

Her cheekbones are not typical for a Somali. Also her head is kind of wide for a skinny person. Skinny Somalis usually have narrow heads.

I would think she was almost Somali, but at second/third looks I would have doubts. My two cents.
thats what it is lol. if she had a narrow jawline she would look somali totally

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I have been to Addis Ababa, 😂. They wear suit jackets more (probably because it is slightly colder), while in Somalia they only wear dress shirts without the jacket. :dead:

I will consider that next time. Though the guy is based in LA. :lol:

Somalis definitely have a distinct look, however there are a lot of Somalis that don't have the classic look so they somewhat look ambiguous. Jasmin tookes looks more Somali than a lot of Somalis I know.

There is more variability within an in-group than there is outside of it. I would say even the funny looking Somalis are somewhat recognizable in at least some dimension be it jaw, facial shape, bone structure or some sort of marker. And bear in mind the outliers do not constitute the general look. In some cases they are sort of reviled for being outside of the mean or considered below average looking. If one is highly inbred from frequent cousin marriage that won't help them either.

wtf she looks nothing like a somali. Somalis wish we had a jawlines that good. Iillahi set cheekbones to the max for us but thought Nah cant give them a jawline as that would make us OP.