Is the West your new permanent home?

Is the West your new home?

• Total voters

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I have been here most of my life, so of course I consider here home but I also want to expand my wings and leave the nest. I want to build a house in Somalia soon and start growing my own food :)

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
:whoo:
L8Cxhrm.png

psyche

To each their own
I own land there so I might as well use it for something.

That's If Somalia is able to reconcile all it's issues but I don't see that being the reality anytime soon. And no I wouldn't permanently live there for obvious reasons.

But it could make for a good holiday house.

ibn Yahya Al-Sooli

Anti-Qabiilism & Anti-Nationalism
I own land there so I might as well use it for something.

That's If Somalia is able to reconcile all it's issues but I don't see that being the reality anytime soon. And no I wouldn't permanently live there for obvious reasons.

But it could make for a good holiday house.
Would you wear hijab while your there
:lolbron:

psyche

To each their own
Those are the toilets in Somalia?!
:gucciwhat:

Even in hotels and private homes?
:cosbyhmm:
If so I might have to change my answer

From my memory the hotels I stayed in all had western toilets. And if want you can install one in your house if you are deciding to design it.

my cousins even had I in his house because the elders couldn't squat properly.

Would you wear hijab while your there
:lolbron:

I am a dude

ibn Yahya Al-Sooli

Anti-Qabiilism & Anti-Nationalism
From my memory the hotels I stayed in all had western toilets. And if want you can install one in your house if you are deciding to design it.

I am a dude

I am a dude
What would you do if you’re chilling with like 4 guys at a restaurant and one of them says hey guys it’s time to pray let’s go to the masjid

psyche

To each their own
What would you do if you’re chilling with like 4 guys at a restaurant and one of them says hey guys it’s time to pray let’s go to the masjid

Good question. My answer really depends on how Somalia develops as a country. If it stays ultra religious I would just plan around Salah time but if it ever becomes more hospitable to non Muslims then I would just tell the truth.

I'll probably stay in the States for awhile. Move to Canada if the US gets even crappier. Maybe work in the Middle East for awhile. I hope to find a job which allows me to travel alot. I can't imagine being rooted in one place forever.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
If Somalia becomes civilized country, i would go there to escape winter.
Other option could be Malaysia.

Aslong there wont be war in Europe, i will stay here.

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
As long as I have super fast Wi-Fi I can live and work anywhere. I've lived overseas for some time. Will I go back? Only time will tell. There are trade offs to living in the west but the benefits out weigh them. If I'm to marry and have children I want to relocate for a period of time back home (for a couple years). I mean I'm already 2nd generation (born and raised). And it's essential that they visit Awdal to know their roots and give back in some capacity (which is what I would intend to do). That way it will cement some sort of connection as a third generation (since some will probably totally give up on their motherland). I simply like having the option of going back. The only thing keeping me here for the moment is my family, Amazon deliveries, amenities, healthcare access and due process.

Im planning on moving back permanently by the time im 35.But its all dependent on how well I establish myself whilst im here.Im also planning on spending a year back home in the next couple of years to really immerse myself in the culture and finally speak like a local.I can't see myself living and working in the west until Im 65,thats another 46 years of working :ohlord: :damn: .

Cartman

reformed
Im planning on moving back permanently by the time im 35.But its all dependent on how well I establish myself whilst im here.Im also planning on spending a year back home in the next couple of years to really immerse myself in the culture and finally speak like a local.I can't see myself living and working in the west until Im 65,thats another 46 years of working :ohlord: :damn: .
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Trending

Latest posts