India to Reopen Embassy in Mogadishu, Deepen Bilateral Ties with Somalia

India is on track to surpass China as the world's most populous country. While some may hold preconceived notions about India, it presents a promising market for Somali exports. While we often discuss the military aspects of Somalia, a key strategy to diminish the influence of al-Shabaab is to foster a prosperous Somalia with abundant job opportunities and thriving industries. This requires establishing trade relations with various countries globally.

With Somalia now part of the East African Community (EAC), we have the opportunity to position ourselves as the gateway to Africa. By excelling in cost, location, and quality, we can outperform competitors and gradually become a central player in international trade.

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
I've been saying that somali farmers should sell products not to Saudi but to places like India. The most populous nation on the planet will pay good money to get fresh products, this is especially important as the farmers of India are struggling against the government.

I've been saying that somali farmers should sell products not to Saudi but to places like India. The most populous nation on the planet will pay good money to get fresh products, this is especially important as the farmers of India are struggling against the government.
Theres very little India needs from somali farmers they literally have some of the best agricultural lands in the world it would be economically suicide to compete against Indian farmers in India even with all the protests.

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
Theres very little India needs from somali farmers they literally have some of the best agricultural lands in the world it would be economically suicide to compete against Indian farmers in India even with all the protests.
I looked it and you're right the level of food insecurity has been going down. I supposed I overestimated the impact of population and farmers strikes. Regardless the opportunity to make deals should be there, it's just a matter of finding something that befits us.

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
Export what?
The only thing xamar makes locally is halwad

They import their A4 paper and underwear

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THIS WILL LEAD TO A MASSIVE IMPORT OF INDIANS THAT WILL MESS UP ALL OUR BEACHES. SOMALIS STAND AGAINST INDIANS AND CHINESE.

There are simply too many of them.

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THIS WILL LEAD TO A MASSIVE IMPORT OF INDIANS THAT WILL MESS UP ALL OUR BEACHES. SOMALIS STAND AGAINST INDIANS AND CHINESE.

There are simply too many of them.
They won't. A embassy isn't suddenly going to open a flood gate otherwise we'd have countless Turkish people. It's just some political procedure.

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
Indian embassy really won't do anything. I think this is all just part of political theater. Standard practice. Now if HSM suddenly jets off to India then I'll concede but for now this just seems like a nation re-opening something that was there before.

There are thousands of somalis visiting Hyderabad India for medical procedures every month (operations/fertility).There're whole neighborhoods catering only for somali. You'll find anything a somali could ask for, including camel milk. An apartment that'll cost an Indian 100$ will cost 400$ for the somali and they'll pay bc they got money.

They're making bank on us and seen the immense economic potential of somalis.
Trust me on this, there's no other African ppl who spend the money we spend in India.

Thalassocracy

سبحان اللهِ وبحمدِه Free Palestine
Imagine getting lowballed by Indians instead of exporting to Egypt

There are thousands of somalis visiting Hyderabad India for medical procedures every month (operations/fertility).There're whole neighborhoods catering only for somali. You'll find anything a somali could ask for, including camel milk. An apartment that'll cost an Indian 100$ will cost 400$ for the somali and they'll pay bc they got money.

They're making bank on us and seen the immense economic potential of somalis.
Trust me on this, there's no other African ppl who spend the money we spend in India.
They can go to Egypt and get that Arab league privilidge

Trending