I'm really impressed! He had a valid points and he said it in English. Rare Barre interview on SNM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambar

VIP
As long as we acknowledge this, it's fine. I have a problem with trying to pass it as facts. according to somalis, every qabiil is a victim. this begs the question, who the hell was killing and displacing people marka?
Everybody was a victim, and the victims had clan members who were the victimizers. Somalis live in a dream world where they believe in selective history. There were tragedies of course but everybody had a guilty part.

so again what was the reason for forming snm? Only the majerteens formed a rebel group before you guys, yall were second. Every bad thing that happened in the north came after SNM was formed which would mean you cant use those tragedies to justify an attempt to overthrow the government.
I just told you the reason was the Barre regime support for daarod refugees against the indigenous isaaqs.

The initial reason may have not been good enough for calling to overthrow the regime but when the Barre government started to indiscriminately attack civilians because they share the same tribe and were openly calling for the extermination of the "qurmis" on government radio stations the people had no choice but to defend themselves.

The SNM was formed in 1981 but the real fighting didn't happen until after the Ethiopia-Somalia treaty in 1988. Before that there were only small scale hit and run attacks on government posts and jail breaks.

Everybody was a victim, and the victims had clan members who were the victimizers. Somalis live in a dream world where they believe in selective history. There were tragedies of course but everybody had a guilty part.
True. We need to understand it like that. It's messed up when we believe that the people our clan members killed deserved to die, and the people who killed our clan members are going to jahanam. it's a mindset you'd expect from a 2 year old.

The SNM were fighting primarily in Isaaq majority regions. How were they killing civilians if they were defending their homes?

Were they killing fellow Isaaqs? :draketf:

The only crimes the SNM could be accused of is the attack on the Gadabursi in Dilla after the fall of the regime.

Other than that you guys don't have any actual proof of SNM war crimes

Gambar

VIP
I just told you the reason was the Barre regime support for daarod refugees against the indigenous isaaqs.

The initial reason may have not been good enough for calling to overthrow the regime but when the Barre government started to indiscriminately attack civilians because they share the same tribe and were openly calling for the extermination of the "qurmis" on government radio stations the people had no choice but to defend themselves.

The SNM was formed in 1981 but the real fighting didn't happen until after the Ethiopia-Somalia treaty in 1988. Before that there were only small scale hit and run attacks on government posts and jail breaks.
Who were the Darood refugees and the indigenous Isaaq, and can you be specific? Darood is a big clan. Do some Darood not live in the same areas as Somaliland? Or is Somaliland just Isaaqland with no regard for others who live in your territory?

Who were the Darood refugees and the indigenous Isaaq, and can you be specific? Darood is a big clan. Do some Darood not live in the same areas as Somaliland? Or is Somaliland just Isaaqland with no regard for others who live in your territory?
The refugees were Ogaden from the war in 1977.

The SNM did not call for separating from Somalia and forming Somaliland until after Mogadishu fell. Their primary mission was to defend Isaaqs against the regime.

Gambar

VIP
True. We need to understand it like that. It's messed up when we believe that the people our clan members killed deserved to die, and the people who killed our clan members are going to jahanam. it's a mindset you'd expect from a 2 year old.
Look at the wording, "indigenous Isaaq" "Darood refugees" walle waa yaab.

Gambar

VIP

The SNM did not call for separating from Somalia and forming Somaliland until after Mogadishu fell. Their primary mission was to defend Isaaqs against the regime.
Then say Ogaden. Why say Darood? You're using a fallacy.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending

There was Ogaden refugees all over Somalia. What exactly is your point? Let me guess, Siad Barre wanted to replace all of Somalia with Ogaden refugees?

They were not only fighting Ogaden. The SNM were also fighting Marehan calan cas, Dhulbahante and Warsangeli militias, and some MJ factions that split after the SSDF disbanded in 1984
So ogadens and mjerteens were fighting the government who was bombing you guys, as well as you? That makes no sense.

So hundreds of ogadens being resettled in hargaysa was the reason why snm was formed?

How old are you?

Gambar

VIP
They were not only fighting Ogaden. The SNM were also fighting Marehan calan cas, Dhulbahante and Warsangeli militias, and some MJ factions that split after the SSDF disbanded in 1984

We were not talking about militias and fighting. You specifically mentioned indigenous Isaaq and Darood refugees. That's a fallacy. I noticed you Isaaqs all tend to do this to further your Somaliland agenda Isaaq vs Darood especially considering some Darood live side by side with you guys.

We were not talking about militias and fighting. You specifically mentioned indigenous Isaaq and Darood refugees. That's a fallacy. I noticed you Isaaqs all tend to do this to further your Somaliland agenda Isaaq vs Darood especially considering some Darood live side by side with you guys.
We're just talking about history. You guys wanted to know the reasons why things happened and I'm telling you what I know based off what I have read.

When you tried to make it seem like the SNM were as bad as Barres troops I gave you proofs and events from the pro SNM side while you still haven't given proof of war crimes by the SNM against pro-regime tribes.

Anyways everything is caadi now. The tribes in the former British Somaliland had reconciliation talks after the civil war and solved their issues. You now have all Daroods living and opening businesses in Hargeisa, even Marehans. :manny:

Gambar

VIP
We're just talking about history. You guys wanted to know the reasons why things happened and I'm telling you what I know based off what I have read.

When you tried to make it seem like the SNM were as bad as Barres troops I gave you proofs and events from the pro SNM side while you still haven't given proof of war crimes by the SNM against pro-regime tribes.

Anyways everything is caadi now. The tribes in the former British Somaliland had reconciliation talks after the civil war and solved their issues. You now have all Daroods living and opening businesses in Hargeisa, even Marehans. :manny:
I actually think what the SNM did was justified and that the collective punishment Isaaq people of Hargeisa received is nothing short of a tragedy considering some of my family members are from there. I just didn't appreciate how you made it a Darood vs Isaaq thing when it's really not that simple.

I actually think what the SNM did was justified and that the collective punishment Isaaq people of Hargeisa received is nothing short of a tragedy considering some of my family members are from there. I just didn't appreciate how you made it a Darood vs Isaaq thing when it's really not that simple.
Ok I understand now :nvjpqts:

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
May Allah reward him for his fight against TNM Terrorist Movement
or Somali Naago Movement
i prefer the name: Siigo Niiko Movement:mjlol:

xisaabiye

Ibnu Suxuufi Ibnu Al Dhoobe
Walle doofaarku waa nijaas. Siyad barre tried everything. When the influx of dofaar refugees came from Ethiopia he gave them the top positions in the north, more pay for the same job as an isaaq, and on top of that they formed a unit and were armed and funded by the republic under the big lipped bastard ,this unit was called Dabar goynta Isaaqa. This led to the formation of the afraad and later snm

From ghetto to butthooleh they're praying for aabo to return :pachah1:. If they could they'd make tawaf around the toilet he died in to receive blessings :heh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending