I wonder why people waste 10k on weddings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emily

🥰🥰🥰
VIP
Slickbuck, Why get married in the first place if think it ain't gonna last anyway

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
To some people marraige is one time life event not only it unites two families but brings happiness and ajar to who ever participate in this holly matrimonial .
10k in the west is nothing but a couple of months work , why live in the west if you cant afford to save 10k for your big day!

MariaMaria

Education, Peace and Prosperity
To be fair, I actually like my extended family and I'm close to them so I want to see my whole family on my wedding day and share that with them. Since I'm marrying into a new family, its equal they invite everyone they want.

so you can't avoid having loads of people :kanyeshrug:also I can't imagine getting married and not having a party to celebrate that.

Not every Somali hates their wedding or doesn't want them, IF you can afford it then do it.

Aisha21

A typical Somali
To some people marraige is one time life event not only it unites two families but brings happiness and ajar to who ever participate in this holly matrimonial .
10k in the west is nothing but a couple of months work , why live in the west if you cant afford to save 10k for your big day!
Yeah it is considered one if not the most important day of most people’s lives the day should be cherished and honored, completely agree couldn’t have said it better

10k isn't alot nowadays, alot of weddings are now in the 30-40k range.

I don't watch other people's pocketbooks so its up to them what they want to spend on their aroos.

Ahmed Ali

Oshibobo
Wallaahi waa ruunta sis. I think a lot of Xalimo’s are too obsessed of having a big wedding of their own. Maybe there is even a little bit of a competition going on and also wanting to be center of attention.

Sometimes the couple doesn’t want to have a big wedding but the family does, which is sad though.

So true sis, they made me spend 50K for one night the whole marriage least one month.

Last edited:

RICH

The Qadr of Allaah ta’aala is always in our favor.
I want 50k wedding like this

This wedding is imo too much wallaahi. This has become more of a show than a beautiful modest wedding with ajar... But it’s not about what I think ofc. If it is something what the couple (girl lol) wants then it’s all up to them. May Allaah bless their marriage. Ameen.

Gojo Satoru

Staff Member
i'd rather spend more on the honeymoon traveling everywhere than the wedding tbh
also some habyars have to be the center of attention at weddings and it's hella annoying :gucciwhat:

Ahmed Ali

Oshibobo
Allaa were you married for one month??? After spending 50k for the wedding?? Innaalillaah :deadrose:

@Steamdevolopment @DalJecel @Idil-Beydaan

Yep true story she wanted honeymoon in Dubai and New extra Gold, When I told her I cannot afford, Everything i had i throw on the weeding her parents got upset and claim that they is no way that i could take care of their daughter if I cannot afford to buy her new gold and go to Dubai for that reason she started to make excuses she is not happy. :eek::4uzpnkt:

RICH

The Qadr of Allaah ta’aala is always in our favor.
Yep true story she wanted honeymoon in Dubai and New extra Gold, When I told her I cannot afford, Everything i had i throw on the weeding her parents got upset and claim that they is no way that i could take care of their daughter if I cannot afford to buy her new gold and go to Dubai for that reason she started to make excuses she is not happy. :eek::4uzpnkt:

Bisinka iyo yaseenka, they must have lost their damn mind. They come across as greedy people... You should’ve stopped this bs a LOOOONG time ago. Why didn’t you?

Status
Not open for further replies.