I wonder why people waste 10k on weddings

Status
Not open for further replies.
That money could be better used to go on a vacation :rolleyes:

Which would you choose between the two, a lavish wedding and a weak or no (in the case of most somalis) honeymoon or a basic nikah with more money to spend traveling and sadaqah? Its only common sense but everyone wants to waste their money on one (boring) night

dr.leorio

death\emitter
giphy.gif

RICH

The Qadr of Allaah ta’aala is always in our favor.
Wallaahi waa ruunta sis. I think a lot of Xalimo’s are too obsessed of having a big wedding of their own. Maybe there is even a little bit of a competition going on and also wanting to be center of attention.

Sometimes the couple doesn’t want to have a big wedding but the family does, which is sad though.

People do that to show off and to give people something to talk about, But when they go home and the curtains close they won't be able to afford basic things because of debt. There's no barakah.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
They care more about the wedding then the marriage and to show of to their friends. You will be paying for most of it. If I ever get married it will be in my garden and with a woman that's cheap as me.

Last edited:
That money could be better used to go on a vacation :rolleyes:

Which would you choose between the two, a lavish wedding and a weak or no (in the case of most somalis) honeymoon or a basic nikah with more money to spend traveling and sadaqah? Its only common sense but everyone wants to waste their money on one (boring) night

Low self esteem is the answer, this is the mother of all spiritual and physical diseases, the majority of all evil in this world emanates from this single disease which is the foundation.

It completely shuts down the brain of the one that is afflicted, there is no rational thought when this happens no matter how much proof's or evidences you show or how much they themselves innately know.

Allah's refuge is sought from this disease as well as those that are afflicted by it, they run after this world thinking that these vain temporal pleasures would please them, but it ends up destroying their entire marriage and their psychological state.

They enter a vicious cycle of poverty and struggles as a punishment and the saddest part of all of this is that they still never learn from it.

Wallaahi waa ruunta sis. I think a lot of Xalimo’s are too obsessed of having a big wedding of their own. Maybe there is even a little bit of a competition going on and also wanting to be center of attention.

Sometimes the couple doesn’t want to have a big wedding but the family does, which is sad though.

No one can impose on you anything that you personally despise, unless of course somewhere deep down you wanted it all along.

This is how some males are tricked into this farcical dog and pony show, the entire wedding itself as practised in contemporary times is nothing more then a curse as the stats show and no tangible good comes from this.

Farcical terms like "big" "small" "medium" wedding is nothing more then a pathetic attempt at rationalising this great evil through minimisation, this is like arguing about the content of alcohol in a large glass.

The disease here is "low self esteem" and this is evident by 10 layers of make-up, watching the life's of others (TV, reality shows) and the rest of the farcical charades and escapades that we see among women.

But despise all of this, the greatest idiots and the purest of imbeciles are those pathetic spineless males that go along with this, the only person that trumps these imbeciles would be those bakhti dayuuth father's that are absent.

The remedy of all this is actually very easy as per hadith.

Zaid ibn Thabit reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Whoever makes the world his most important matter, Allah will confound his affairs and make poverty appear before his eyes and he will not get anything from the world except what has been decreed for him. Whoever makes the Hereafter his most important matter, Allah will settle his affairs and make him content in his heart and the world will come to him although he does not want it.”

Source: Sunan Ibn Mājah 4105

Umar ibn Abdul Aziz, may Allah have mercy on him, said, “Take care of your Hereafter and Allah will take care of your worldly life. Take care of your private life and Allah will take care of your public life.”

Source: Kitāb al-Ikhlāṣ 50

I never paid 10k to myself for anything that wasn't absolute living necessity.

If I can't get 10K, no damn strangers aren't gonna be eating and enjoying for 10K.

Low self esteem is the answer, this is the mother of all spiritual and physical diseases, the majority of all evil in this world emanates from this single disease which is the foundation.

It completely shuts down the brain of the one that is afflicted, there is no rational thought when this happens no matter how much proof's or evidences you show or how much they themselves innately know.

Allah's refuge is sought from this disease as well as those that are afflicted by it, they run after this world thinking that these vain temporal pleasures would please them, but it ends up destroying their entire marriage and their psychological state.

They enter a vicious cycle of poverty and struggles as a punishment and the saddest part of all of this is that they still never learn from it.

No one can impose on you anything that you personally despise, unless of course somewhere deep down you wanted it all along.

This is how some males are tricked into this farcical dog and pony show, the entire wedding itself as practised in contemporary times is nothing more then a curse as the stats show and no tangible good comes from this.

Farcical terms like "big" "small" "medium" wedding is nothing more then a pathetic attempt at rationalising this great evil through minimisation, this is like arguing about the content of alcohol in a large glass.

The disease here is "low self esteem" and this is evident by 10 layers of make-up, watching the life's of others (TV, reality shows) and the rest of the farcical charades and escapades that we see among women.

But despise all of this, the greatest idiots and the purest of imbeciles are those pathetic spineless males that go along with this, the only person that trumps these imbeciles would be those bakhti dayuuth father's that are absent.

The remedy of all this is actually very easy as per hadith.

Zaid ibn Thabit reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Whoever makes the world his most important matter, Allah will confound his affairs and make poverty appear before his eyes and he will not get anything from the world except what has been decreed for him. Whoever makes the Hereafter his most important matter, Allah will settle his affairs and make him content in his heart and the world will come to him although he does not want it.”

Source: Sunan Ibn Mājah 4105

Umar ibn Abdul Aziz, may Allah have mercy on him, said, “Take care of your Hereafter and Allah will take care of your worldly life. Take care of your private life and Allah will take care of your public life.”

Source: Kitāb al-Ikhlāṣ 50
Mashallah
Preach.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I Will do like My cousin did just have a small wedding with friends and family ( i dont see the point of feeding a thousands strangers)

After that go to Malaysia or Indonesia

Somalis that have an expensive wedding tend to do so for Two reasons 1 being pressure from the family cause they want to show off to other Somalis But funnily when the daughter is marrying a revert they Will be fine with a small wedding

Second one is the girl wants to impress her friends and be the talk of the town and doing anything to make the wedding spectacular even the stupid part where they lock arms to drink a cup
Its all just to show off for others when it should be about Two people that are starting a life together Somalis are soo worried what others Will think and say instead of living how they want

Theres guys loaning 50k from Banks all just to pay for a wedding to please people that dont even care about him and that still Will talk shit

Abkaal

Mudug menaces don't mince their words
I don't want a wedding at all. If i marry i will rather go to vacation and have the time of my life rather than pleasing people that don't even care about me.

I Will do like My cousin did just have a small wedding with friends and family ( i dont see the point of feeding a thousands strangers)

After that go to Malaysia or Indonesia

Somalis that have an expensive wedding tend to do so for Two reasons 1 being pressure from the family cause they want to show off to other Somalis But funnily when the daughter is marrying a revert they Will be fine with a small wedding

Second one is the girl wants to impress her friends and be the talk of the town and doing anything to make the wedding spectacular even the stupid part where they lock arms to drink a cup
Its all just to show off for others when it should be about Two people that are starting a life together Somalis are soo worried what others Will think and say instead of living how they want

Theres guys loaning 50k from Banks all just to pay for a wedding to please people that dont even care about him and that still Will talk shit
Wow. Imagine borrowing 50k for people who will talk about whos too ugly for who and how the bride looked too angry, (or too happy) or the groom is too short, can sit around and eat the food you paid for

Mercury

VIP
Wow. Imagine borrowing 50k for people who will talk about whos too ugly for who and how the bride looked too angry, (or too happy) or the groom is too short, can sit around and eat the food you paid for
Exactly whats even worse is that in most cases the Guy never tells her about the Loan instead he played it off by saying he can afford it a week later she wondering why they cant even afford milk

Abkaal

Mudug menaces don't mince their words
I heard my mother saying if Somalis want to insult you get marry, but when you die all the people will praise you even if you have murdered thousands.

Spending 10k on a wedding, if you have the means to do so, is something beautiful. How you can hold your nose up at it or slander people for doing it is beyond me. o_O

Not everybody is the same, you may prefer to go on a holiday but that doesn’t mean that it’s an objectively better choice. Besides, weddings aren’t just about pleasing others but also about celebrating your union. There’s no prescribed way to do it. :rolleyes::vo3yidw::rolleyes:

10K for other people to enjoy? And if the marriage doesn't last... Ciil looma dhinto sxb :pachah1:

I'll keep the 10k and use it wisely!

Mercury

VIP
10K for other people to enjoy? And if the marriage doesn't last... Ciil looma dhinto sxb :pachah1:

There was this one couple that instead of feeding their wedding guests donated the money to help feed people who were suffering during the drought

Some called it Arooskii abaaraha

They're ungrateful people too. They just crash someone elses wedding like they own the place and later gossip and complain :nahgirl:

Mercury

VIP
They're ungrateful people too. They just crash someone elses wedding like they own the place and later gossip and complain :nahgirl:

Small wedding or expensive wedding either way people Will talk But when its a small one chances are people Will forget about it thats what I noticed

There was this one couple that instead of feeding their wedding guests donated the money to help feed people who were suffering during the drought

Some called it Arooskii abaaraha

That's hella cute. Those good deeds will serve them well. Much better way of starting off their marriage with lots of blessings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts