I went to a gym for the first time in my life but wtf?! 😭

Yaraye

VIP
@Yaraye Ya sit al baled, there are many 'women only gyms', and some with 'women only hours', ymca being one. By the way, most gyms are empty at 05:00, the best time, or at 23:00, albeit not recommended for females.

I have given up on going to gyms, at regular hours, for females wearing nigh to naught, and now only go early hours, or late hours.

What is 'Baati' by the way?
Firstly, For ymca its only for swimming. Secondly there are no women's gym in MN, where are you getting that kind of false info from anyway? Thirdly, gym is more full around 5pm cuz people swing by after work. It's best to go during people's work hours.

Firstly, For ymca its only for swimming. Secondly there are no women's gym in MN, where are you getting that kind of false info from anyway? Thirdly, gym is more full around 5pm cuz people swing by after work. It's best to go during people's work hours.
Oi, shorty, take a deep breath, and put away that sharp object.

Not 17:00 hours, but 05:00 hours. Get it?

My local Y has a gym, and all the Ys I have ever known in Europe also have gyms.

Yaraye

VIP
Oi, shorty, take a deep breath, and put away that sharp object.

Not 17:00 hours, but 05:00 hours. Get it?
if military time is being used, then 0500 is the correct way. If not, add AM or PM. I ain't a mind reader, can't tell which 05:00 it is.
My local Y has a gym, and all the Ys I have ever known in Europe also have gyms.
They do have gyms. I meant that the women's only hours are for swimming only not gym unfortunately. Plus many gyms are getting rid of women's hours or already have gotten rid of women's hours due to LGBTQ and trans movement :wow:

if military time is being used, then 0500 is the correct way. If not, add AM or PM. I ain't a mind reader, can't tell which 05:00 it is.
Correct, I thought you were with the times, missy.
They do have gyms. I meant that the women's only hours are for swimming only not gym unfortunately. Plus many gyms are getting rid of women's hours or already have gotten rid of women's hours due to LGBTQ and trans movement
Oh I see, I did not realise. Hosanna, by the way for hitting the gym. May I be so bold as to suggest taking on a form of training instead i.e. any type of martial arts, with your being a lass, and all? It is the best of both worlds: exercise, and self defence.

Here is a list, but then again, as you said, they might have eliminated then due to L+ phenomenon. Give it time, and it shall pass all other fads.

Yaraye

VIP
Correct, I thought you were with the times, missy.
what times? :gaasdrink:
Oh I see, I did not realise. Hosanna, by the way for hitting the gym. May I be so bold as to suggest taking on a form of training instead i.e. any type of martial arts, with your being a lass, and all? It is the best of both worlds: exercise, and self defence.
I am interested in training but it's expensive. I'm gonna finish my gym trial then take up training inshallah.
Here is a list, but then again, as you said, they might have eliminated then due to L+ phenomenon. Give it time, and it shall pass all other fads.
I ran into that link a while back while searching for women's gyms only. They are women owned, not women only gym. I found that out reading through the reviews. The only one that is women only is "Miriam's fitness" which only got few gym materials that one can buy for their home (dumbells, yoga mats, jump rope, treadmill..etc), a ridiculously high price, and is far from where i live.

I hate mixed gyms. There’s way too many men compared to women and a lot of the men stare.

I used to work out at an all women gym and it was amazing honestly I could do so many diff types of exercises (like squats) without feeling weird and self conscious. But they closed down during the pandemic :mjcry:

Garaad diinle

ξ€šξ€žξ€’ξ€œξ€  ξ€ ξ€Ÿξ€‘ξ€ξ€›
That is 'toob', no?
white-guy-what.gif
confused-wth.gif

what-the-hell-was-that-unbelievable.gif

Garaad diinle

ξ€šξ€žξ€’ξ€œξ€  ξ€ ξ€Ÿξ€‘ξ€ξ€›
Last edited:
Baati is found in every somali home it's a traditional article of clothing and a cultural item. Not only were you unfamiliar with the name but you also called it toob? I've heard caambuur, guntiino, garays etc but never toob. Imagine someone saying toobkayga aaway kkk.
But but but but, in Waqooyi, we call it 'toob' (thoub in Arabic), and all those names listed are of Koonfur.

Trending