I went to a gym for the first time in my life but wtf?! 😭

So is my family. I guess you'll have to prove yourself. Your cornered, my friend.

Hold up, in that case your claims hold as much weight as mine until further notice. Neither your nor mine Somali lingo have been confirmed.

I Didnt Do It Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Hamzza

VIP
I thought I was included too, and even called my dialect waqooyi until @Hamzza told me that it mainly includes SL and Djibouti Somali dialects only (even though I still doubt him, as they are two main dialects of Somali). In any case, I've been truly deceived in my entire life:wow:

On another note, of the words @Garaad diinle mentioned, which one of them do you use? Let me see if you are a true Galbeed person :sass2:
What are the two main dialects? Don't question the integrity of my information, I'm the closest to a linguist they have on this site.

Last edited:

Garaad diinle

ξ€šξ€žξ€’ξ€œξ€  ξ€ ξ€Ÿξ€‘ξ€ξ€›
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You sure didn't have any mercy. But some of the koonfur lingo I've been observing here will not do justice to folk from the formerly Italian controlled Somalia :whoa:
Shots fired kkk. Well i guess every action has an opposite and equal reaction. Eventually someone will roast us. What's even worse we're responsible for spreading word such as sugo and fargeto meaning we also contributed to the introduction of foreign words into af somali.

Let me scarp the floor in peace, kkk :damsel:

Even we you compare other Somali terms. We use digaag for chicken (I know, I won't be able to withstand the pressure of you the more loan words I mention :farmajoyaab:). The dooro that others use have another meaning in Galbeed. It has a meaning that is better off unsaid. The more I see Somalis use it, the more I get grossed out by it. Let's just put it that way.
Now that i think about it although we might be speak the same somali language there might be some misunderstanding that could occur between us. I heard reer maay tiri use wan for caano while reer maxa tiri use wan for sheep instead. Not to mention how some say gabartay iyo nagtay kkk. You know what forget about the fiiq thing and let's only consintrate on non somali loans.

I heard that they inaugurated a second Somali institution. I guess we have to maintain the musuqmaasuq that we are so well known for :sass1:

We need local initiated engagements if we want to head somewhere.
Ah yes the age old craft of corruption. Well as sad as it might be at least we're no kenya.

E1-ATwaXEAAzLZe

Garaad diinle

Last edited:
Biyo(Water), 'Cab' and 'Cun', can't be foreign. No language borrows such basic words.

Cab is drink in English and Ψ£Ψ΄Ψ±Ψ¨ in Arabic
That was exactly the point I was trying to make, ergo challenging the concept of borrowing of basic words.

Yes, but but but, 3abba is gulping more common in Yemen.
ΨΉΩŽΨ¨Ω‘ΩŽ Ψ§Ω„Ω…Ψ§Ψ‘ΩŽ ΨΉΩŽΨ¨Ω‘ΩŽ ΨΉΩŽΨ¨Ω‘Ω‹Ψ§: Ψ΄ΩŽΨ±ΩΨ¨ΩŽΩ‡Ω Ψ¨Ω„Ψ§ Ψͺنفُّس ΩˆΩ…ΩŽΨ΅Ω‘Ω
ΨΉΩŽΨ¨Ω‘ΩŽΨͺِ Ψ§Ω„Ψ―Ω‘ΩŽΩ„Ω’ΩˆΩ : Ψ΅ΩŽΩˆΩ‘ΩŽΨͺَΨͺΩ’ ΨΉΩΩ†Ω’Ψ―ΩŽ ΨΊΩŽΨ±Ω’ΩΩ Ψ§Ω„Ω’Ω…ΩŽΨ§Ψ‘Ω

Garaad diinle

'Cab, and cun' are of Arabic whereas the rest are of Sanskrit | Indian origin.
I'd have to disagree with you on this one. They're not of arabic origin at least not all of them. Cab iyo cun including biyo as @Hamzza pointed out cannot be of arabic origin. Arabic and somali are both afro-asiatic languages, similarities are bound to happen. Ani and ati in somali would be ana and anta arabic. You should really compare somali and other cushitic langages that didn't have contact with arabic to get a better answer. They're even used by baiso a somaloid tribe living deep in what is now southern ethiopia. Boowe is a slang of aboowe.

Now that i think about it although we might be speak the same somali language there might be some misunderstanding that could occur between us. I heard reer maay tiri use wan for caano while reer maxa tiri use wan for sheep instead. Not to mention how some say gabartay iyo nagtay kkk. You know what forget about the fiiq thing and let's only consintrate on non somali loans.

Sometime I look at weird things that differentiate us. Whenever I hear southerner say 'noo, noo' in between their speeches, I then also remember that 'dee, dee' is used in north and partially west as well. Weird phrases:mjlol:

But all words of non-Somali origin need to be wiped from our language
Askb Bernardson Sticker - Askb Bernardson Black Stickers

Ah yes the age old craft of corruption. Well as sad as it might be at least we're no kenya.

E1-ATwaXEAAzLZe

I see what you did there, kkk. He appears to be double his size, meaning that his pockets got at least filled with the same depth :ohdamn:

Corruption is a never-ending plague, but bold of you to compare with our own lugo baasto people, kkk. They'll always look the same :mjohreally:

Last edited:
What are the two main dialects? Don't question the integrity of my information, I'm the closest to a linguist they have on this site.

Well in that case, I won't question you mudane Hamza :browtf:

I always thought that it was northern and benadiri/south-central dialects that af-maxaa tiri was divided into. There are obviously other Somalia dialects like af-May, af-Tunni etc. but the two former are the main accents.

I'd have to disagree with you on this one. They're not of arabic origin at least not all of them. Cab iyo cun including biyo as @Hamzza pointed out cannot be of arabic origin. Arabic and somali are both afro-asiatic languages, similarities are bound to happen. Ani and ati in somali would be ana and anta arabic. You should really compare somali and other cushitic langages that didn't have contact with arabic to get a better answer. They're even used by baiso a somaloid tribe living deep in what is now southern ethiopia. Boowe is a slang of aboowe.
'biyo' walaal is of Sanskrt, and is said in Malayalam* as 'biye'. I am a bit pressed for time today, and shall revisit it another time Insha'Allah.

Last edited: