I Feel Sorry For America

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Looking at this below World Bank data, the Australia GDP per capita is $51,692.8 whereas in America it is $63,413.5.

Well, it is the home of innovation, and that is the American exceptionalism that you hear about. Nobody stopped Australia from producing business and commercial centers like Silicon valley.

California median household income (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019: $75,235. (Source: https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/CA/INC110219)

In Australia, the latest survey estimates that in 2019 the median “equivalised” household income was $52,900. (Source: https://www.theguardian.com/busines...lia-rosy-wealth-data-can-hide-a-world-of-pain).

America is winning in any metrics that you look at.

@Hybrid() I think @Roorigeg doesn't get what I meant. U have hollywood n silicon valley. The percentage they represent in california population is less then million. As Hybrid said the bulk majority in california are on minimum wage. So your 75k nonsense is skewed by 1 million of the population not directly representing the non hollywood actors and silicon valley engineer.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Roorigeg go look at HDI indicators and most livable cities index. Check before 'covid' and Australia was winning most livable cities for 10 years in a row as number 1. The quality of life is far better here then America that is what is being discussed.

Maybe you haven't seen the real side of great America. 38 million Americans including many children are food insecure and over 54% of Americans live on paycheck to paycheck. Did you realize the reason behind for getting paid weekly or biweekly instead of monthly in the US ? because half of Americans can't sustain to get paid monthly.

If one is not alcoholic or drug-addicted, they can use the food-stamps program to by enough foods. And if you're able man and woman, you should go out and look for work and help yourself out.

If you're elderly or disabled, there is, at minimum, the social security disability benefits that helps for rent and utility bills. And if that is not good enough, you apply for food stamps. You also have access to home healthcare and adult daycare benefits.

But let us get one thing straight: The American political establishment doesn't want to create a well-fare state like it is other countries; they want to cover the basics, but you need to help yourself if you're able human being. That is the American mantra. The American exceptionalism believes that the system shouldn't constrain you. You study hard and work hard, you excel. You chose to be a bum, you remain a bum. The hard-work of average citizens shouldn't save your arse.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
Looking at this below World Bank data, the Australia GDP per capita is $51,692.8 whereas in America it is $63,413.5.

Well, it is the home of innovation, and that is the American exceptionalism that you hear about. Nobody stopped Australia from producing business and commercial centers like Silicon valley.

California median household income (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019: $75,235. (Source: https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/CA/INC110219)

In Australia, the latest survey estimates that in 2019 the median “equivalised” household income was $52,900. (Source: https://www.theguardian.com/busines...lia-rosy-wealth-data-can-hide-a-world-of-pain).

The median annual wage in the US was 34k in 2019 for a country that has a gdp per Capita of 64k. US Wealth inequality is one of the highest in the west. the bottom 50% of Americans only hold 2 % of the US wealth.

Australia also has a generous welfare. I have cousins with many families who live in Australia. They bought many properties in hargeisa with their caydh money and they have a middle class lifestyle ( they travel, have good lifestyles)

We can see two problems in your statement: !) The system is rewarding people to have more children instead of being on the shoulders of the people who fathered and mothered those kids; 2) Your cousin is abusing the system by sending the Australian taxpayers' money - provided to support his (or her) family - to Hargeisa. That is not something to brag about; that is indeed a shame. And many Somali families do that by neglecting their kids while sending the money to back home, homes they or their kids may never get to enjoy.

In Murica, you get more children, you're responsible for providing food, shelter, and clothing. In the tax code, you'll get a tax credit for each child under 18; however, the responsibility of housing, feeding, and clothing is on you (the parent).

Guys, welfare system destroys families and it is hardly something to be proud of. Goodness grief!

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Hybrid() Australia mining industry is a good example of wealth equality. A simple dump trucker is earning 200k, 3 weeks paid accomodation at mining site and 1 week off and paid airfares to his city to enjoy his accumulated weekends.

The money is 'geared' towards the bottom and middle here. Can @Roorigeg say the same. Of course not, he won't dare say that. Notice he won't dare speak about work conditions(annual holidays, sick allowances, public holiday allowances, different rates of pay for night n weekend rates, mandatory retirement savings contributed by company to worker) he won't discuss those things as he doesn't enjoy these work/life balance

My goodness, people are bragging about the welfare state they have in Australia. Madness. Guys, it is really shame that people see welfare state as something to brag about. :jcoleno:

@Hybrid() Australia mining industry is a good example of wealth equality. A simple dump trucker is earning 200k, 3 weeks paid accomodation at mining site and 1 week off and paid airfares to his city to enjoy his accumulated weekends.

The money is 'geared' towards the bottom and middle here. Can @Roorigeg say the same. Of course not, he won't dare say that. Notice he won't dare speak about work conditions(annual holidays, sick allowances, public holiday allowances, different rates of pay for night n weekend rates, mandatory retirement savings contributed by company to worker) he won't discuss those things as he doesn't enjoy these work/life balance

Yes, I can say the same about trucking here in US. Somali newcomers get the CDL driver licensing to drive trucks. They then work hard to buy used truck for roughly $30,000 - $40,000 on cash basis, and then start making $8,000 per week. There are Somali truck dispatchers who dispatch 100s of trucks and make millions of USD per year.

In America, Somali millionaires are found in the home-healthcare and trucking industries.

@DR OSMAN, you can't compare the welfare queens in Australia with the community producing millionaires in Murica. Come to Minneapolis and Ohio and see it for yourself.

As for work life balance, Somali truck drivers are self-employed. They work hard for 6 - 9 months, and then head to Africa for the three months of winter to enjoy there. Some of them have several wives and are able to support them, unlike the welfare queens in Australia who let Australian taxpayers raise their kids.

Last edited:
How many Somali businesses are found in Australia? Can someone give me a rough estimate? And please don't give me any story about welfare queens.

In Murica, in Columbus, Ohio alone - which is midsize city - there are over 1000 Somali businesses. This is something that welfare queens in Australia can only dream of.

@DR OSMAN @Hybrid()

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Roorigeg the 'exceptionalism' of America is exactly just that the millionaires are an 'exception' not a 'common rule' for all. I prefer my country doesn't have tent cities in the middle of the city, to make matters worse, we adopted your 'tower rise nonsense' in many cities for public housing back in the 60s-70s, but we are now following a different model to spread out poor people among private housing so they don't congregate in one area and drop the value of one suburb.

See that 'smart' australia is a smart govt, where-as your government is simply not smart but 'partisan' shit. U rinse n repeat what ur party promotes, where-as australia the govt irrespectivve of party is demanded by the population to operate 'smart as possible' irrespective of partisan nonsense like your spewing.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
How many Somali businesses are found in Australia? Can someone give me a rough estimate? And please don't give me any story about welfare queens.

In Murica, in Columbus, Ohio alone - which is midsize city - there are over 1000 Somali businesses. This is something that welfare queens in Australia can only dream of.

@DR OSMAN @Hybrid()

1000 child-care fake companies, nice one.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Roorigeg Australia has only like 10 thousand Somalis, we have the strongest borders becuz we don't wanna ruin the LUCKY country STRAYA. America has half a million Somalis. We still have restaurants, clothes stores at higher rate then america if u break down what the f*ck does every 10,000 Somali own in America.

@Roorigeg the 'exceptionalism' of America is exactly just that the millionaires are an 'exception' not a 'common rule' for all. I prefer my country doesn't have tent cities in the middle of the city, to make matters worse, we adopted your 'tower rise nonsense' in many cities for public housing back in the 60s-70s, but we are now following a different model to spread out poor people among private housing so they don't congregate in one area and drop the value of one suburb.

See that 'smart' australia is a smart govt, where-as your government is simply not smart but 'partisan' shit. U rinse n repeat what ur party promotes, where-as australia the govt irrespectivve of party is demanded by the population to operate 'smart as possible' irrespective of partisan nonsense like your spewing.

In Murica, the section 8 vouchers are designed to help poor families to move out of the ghettos and live in good areas.

There is also Habitat for Humanity, which is a nonprofit organization that helps families build and improve places to call home. Many new Somali comers built their homes they own through this program.

1000 child-care fake companies, nice one.

This is from Columbus Dispatch, the main newspaper in Columbus, Ohio.

"Omar said the Global Mall has provided a space in Northland for Somali entrepreneurs to open their businesses. The mall is one of more than 1,000 Somali businesses in Columbus, he added."

This is something that the welfare queens in Australia can only dream of. There are roughly 20,000 - 30,000 Somalis in Columbus, Ohio, and they created businesses that the whole Malis in Australia could only dream of.

Home-buying by Somalis in Columbus, Ohio is also skyrocketing. And these homes aren't through mortgage. These fellas are paying cash. There is actually 1 Somali guy who was reported to own over 60 houses in Ohio.

Enough with the niggas in Australia. @DR OSMAN, get over cuz. You niggas only produce welfare queens.

:dead: :russ::pachah1:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP

Equitorial Guinea has a GDP per capita of 21K USD but with a 70% poverty rate.

The US GDP per capita and average income stats are covered by the Uber-wealthy. Strip away the one percent and you see how poor the middle class are.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Roorigeg. There is only 10k Somalis in all Australia. Melbourne is the largest with about 5k. Just here in Heidelberg they're is 80 businesses for a population of 2-3k Somalis

Where-as your columbus is only 30 businesses for 30k population

The market is part of the Global Mall in the Northland neighborhood, and it has become a destination for the city's Somali and immigrant communities since opening in 2002.

The 30 businesses that make up the mall offer a range of goods and services — traditional Somali clothing, jewelry, travel planning and food and drink — and a majority are owned by Somalis. There's also a prayer room.

Apollo

VIP

The US GDP per capita and average income stats are covered by the Uber-wealthy. Strip away the one percent and you see how poor the middle class are.

GNI per capita (without PPP) is the legit metric.

PPP is a scammy metric as commodity prices and bond markets are global. The price of local wages has little impact on that.

We wuz kangz, hold passport of the numba 2 country (or numba 1 excluding microstate cheaters). Makes me feel proud. :banderas::wow1::rejoice:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

Waryaa did they end up creating a mall in kensington and the Mj areas. Or Did they end up shifting from there also to newer areas? The HAGS are well organized in Heidelberg.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Waryaa did they end up creating a mall in kensington and the Mj areas. Or Did they end up shifting from there also to newer areas? The HAGS are well organized in Heidelberg.

I’m from Sydney laakin there’s always been a mall in Footscray since the 1990s.

There’s also a shopping street in Flemington.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I’m from Sydney laakin there’s always been a mall in Footscray since the 1990s.

There’s also a shopping street in Flemington.

Yeah I been to flemington Street but they don't own much there. Haven't been to footscray tho

Trending

Latest posts