I Feel Sorry For America

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

She Said she worked $10 hr jobs, 3 jobs and full time study with 200k debt and only paid half her groceries looool. That would be considered 'work abuse' in Australia.

U will never hear any Aussie will ever do that. Our university is subsidized and paid for by the govt thru HECS program, we pay it back in installments(interest free also) after we get a job and earning above 50k plus most 4 year programs are 20-30k for the whole bachelor.

Everyone in Australia can earn $25 to $30 an hour being a cleaner yet in America $10 an hr is what u pay unskilled workers!!!!!. Plus something unique to our country, students get aus-study payments, yes the govt pays everyone if they wish to study while u get part-time job if u want. Aus-study is a payment scheme that all students are eligible for while studying.

@Basra what a hell hole America is, no wonder Australia is strict on immigration, u will bring us down to your level

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Periplus America is good to travel n holiday, but Australia will always be home for me. It's the best country to raise kids in as far as im concerned. The ppl who live in America are struggling like hell for the basic things that we have available. In my profession, it's normal rates to be paid $90-120 an hr on contract. I know some guys earning $1500 a daily rates.

Even our welfare is universal in comparison to America. Our welfare is eligible to all unemployed ppl 'permantely' even they're is no time limit, it only stops if u get a job. Seniors get an age pension also and subsidies and concessions for utilities bills

Last edited:

Calmone20

Formerly CalmOne
Another US bashing thread. Yeah it has its problems that must be fixed,e.g healthcare, but it has a great range of climates,an interesting history and it's diverse.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Calmone20 we will have a beautiful bbq at the beach or park where-ever u choose. And yes it's clean. This exists in every suburb of australia, beautiful designed parks and bbq and play facilities for kids.

PS - Relax u wont be shot in the streets or at school, your safe in australia OK mate. Plus that snowy weather don't exist here. 15 degrees celcius is considered winter here but the sun is always out waryaa

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Calmone20 Most topics r about the UK n USA yet both r terrible and it's hilarious seeing them go at it, no-one knows about this diamond in south-east asia

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
US and UK have better educational oppurtunities

Yes u have better universities but what's the point if I have to pay 200k, I cud invest that into my first home. Tradesman here are very well paid even ask @Periplus they charge $150 just to 'quote' not including labor or parts. The problem u have is by the time u finish your studies and pay back your debt, an average aussie cud have 'two homes' and more wealth then u. Plus we have 'mandatory' superannuation which is like your 41k in america. Companies must pay minimum 10% on top of your salary for your retirement and even then we still access 'age pensions' after 65 if u retired. This is universal retirement packages for all, no matter if one is a cleaner or a CEO.

U can't compare america to australia, we have a free market also and u can be rich here also but noone falls below the cracks that's the difference between america and australia. U won't see ppl sleeping under bridges n shit regardless if they're failures or not, we consider that a human right abuse.

Last edited:

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
Of course. The bottom 50% of US households hold 2% of the country's wealth and the median annual wage is only 34-36k because of wealth inequality. That's why majority of blacks and Latinos live in poverty.
Somalis actually have a good life in the US. They managed to combined welfare with personal income and majority of Somali families have section 8 voucher.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Hybrid() this is maximum security jail in Australia. We started as penal colony @Kool-Aid but we are also among the first to reform our jail systems.

Where-as in America u seen how god damn crazy your system is.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Listen To Roger Reeves who spent 18 years in Australia prison for cocaine smuggling. He said the 18 years he spent in Australia was easier then the 1 year he spent in America prison.

listen closely at the 4:15 mark

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
@Periplus America is good to travel n holiday, but Australia will always be home for me. It's the best country to raise kids in as far as im concerned. The ppl who live in America are struggling like hell for the basic things that we have available. In my profession, it's normal rates to be paid $90-120 an hr on contract. I know some guys earning $1500 a daily rates.

Even our welfare is universal in comparison to America. Our welfare is eligible to all unemployed ppl 'permantely' even they're is no time limit, it only stops if u get a job. Seniors get an age pension also and subsidies and concessions for utilities bills
Are there noticeable differences between Australian states in terms of living standards?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Are there noticeable differences between Australian states in terms of living standards?

Not really at the state level, but anywhere with high aboriginal population is very much bad. But thankfully most are extinct and they only represent 1-2% of the population.

They're are certain areas considered 'ghettos' in australian standards but that's where aboriginal tend to congregate. But they're not ghettos like america. Like Auburn is considered a 'ghetto' as it's apart of 'western sydney' where lots of immigrants live.

Zapfox1

I may be wrong but it's highly unlikely

She Said she worked $10 hr jobs, 3 jobs and full time study with 200k debt and only paid half her groceries looool. That would be considered 'work abuse' in Australia.

U will never hear any Aussie will ever do that. Our university is subsidized and paid for by the govt thru HECS program, we pay it back in installments(interest free also) after we get a job and earning above 50k plus most 4 year programs are 20-30k for the whole bachelor.

Everyone in Australia can earn $25 to $30 an hour being a cleaner yet in America $10 an hr is what u pay unskilled workers!!!!!. Plus something unique to our country, students get aus-study payments, yes the govt pays everyone if they wish to study while u get part-time job if u want. Aus-study is a payment scheme that all students are eligible for while studying.

@Basra what a hell hole America is, no wonder Australia is strict on immigration, u will bring us down to your level
Wow. Uk has similar university system however when you have to pay back, it isn’t interest free

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Wow. Uk has similar university system however when you have to pay back, it isn’t interest free

But UK don't give u 'aus-study' payments to study right?

Even kids get universal payments while studying and they can work also 20 hours a week without effecting they're payment.

The US is not all the same. Some states like Minnesota are more like Europe in terms of social benefits. Still, if you’re ambitious, America is where you can make it big.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
The US is not all the same. Some states like Minnesota are more like Europe in terms of social benefits. Still, if you’re ambitious, America is where you can make it big.

What u mean make it big? $90-120 an hr is average rates for IT professional here with 3-5 years experience. Entry level is like $55 an hour. The US make it big is hog-wash. Your average citizen is paid far less then australian. I really feel for your unskilled population tho. $10 an hour is ridiculous. Heaps of Somalis go to the country side to work at meat plants. They are on like $1500 a week after tax and they looked down upon.

What u mean make it big? $90-120 an hr is average rates for IT professional here with 3-5 years experience. Entry level is like $55 an hour. The US make it big is just that hog-wash. Your average citizen is paid far less then australian.
It’s more business friendly and taxes are lower. How much taxes are you paying in Australia ?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
It’s more business friendly and taxes are lower. How much taxes are you paying in Australia ?

Taxes depend on your income, it's scaling system on income bracket. Without stating income, it's impossible to know. But the first $20k is tax free, taxes only start after 20k on a scaling system per income bracket.

Taxes depend on your income, it's scaling system on income bracket. Without stating income, it's impossible to know. But the first $20k is tax free, taxes only start after 20k on a scaling system per income bracket.
Australia’s tax rate is much higher especially for higher earners. There is a price to pay for all of those social benefits. I’m not saying there is anything wrong with social benefits, but if you’re an ambitious person who wants to start a business or tech start up, you are better off in the USA. This is why most serious entrepreneurs go to the US

Trending