I don’t find Siad Barre a bad person

I’m not even talking in my clan voice so need to bring that up. I know what he did to my abtis but you’d hear majority of them say he was better than what came after and you can’t call that a genocide either. As for the north, I’m not trying to get into that debate.

I think it’s better to have a country where you can use the passport to go places than now where it’s literal trash.

In regards to your Reer Abi:

Just because we Majeerteen think Satan Barre's regime was slightly better than the genocidal USC warlords of 1991, does not mean he is liked by us, at all. We just know that Satan Barre didn't want to kill everyone as much as he wanted everyone alive to worship at his altar and call him daddy for eternity. If we had a choice between being completely wiped out of existence or tolerate a lunatic's dictatorship, of course we'd pick the latter.

Last edited:
In regards to your Reer Abi:

Just because we Majeerteen think Satan Barre's regime was slightly better than the genocidal USC warlords of 1991, does not mean he is liked by us, at all. We just know that Satan Barre didn't want to kill everyone as much as he wanted everyone alive to worship at his altar and call him daddy for eternity. So if we had a choice between being completely wiped out of existence or tolerate a lunatic's dictatorship, of course we'd pick the latter.
Yeah that was the point I was trying to make to him.

You know Somalia is in the shitter when option A (barre) is more favorable than option B (warlords/fake governments/Al Shabab/etc)

Your not MX no MX would ever call siyaad a communist puppet you just shown your true colors by praising the syl as the only well intentioned group meaning your not MX but MJ since the majerteen clan had the key figures in the syl including two prime ministers that originated from this clan which dominated syl politics at the time however I do agree they were nationalists and were loyal to the Somali cause and you give arguments without knowing the context of these events furthermore the power vacuum after his ouster led to the clan fiefdoms
I said I’m not MX, but If I were, I’d obviously support Barre. You too can’t deny he was a nepotistic and qabiilist

There you go. These are the people Siad Barre had to deal with and people are shocked he was heavy-handed. He was dealing with dogs.

It's a fundamental truth that in any nation-building process a certain demographic among the population will always be contrarian cretins that must be guided or otherwise silenced.

Of course, you would rather have an Italian rule over you. You're an Untermensch. A 2nd class unenlightened animal forever at the boot of Kenyans, Ethiopians, Westerners, - anyone with more than two pennies to rub together and the stomach to look at Somalis. Saxiibo, you do not need to wish for masters for you already have them.

Somalia came and died with Maxamed Siyaad Barre.

The only dogs were you hyenas who he brought from the bush and devoured the nation.
Somalia existed before 1970 when the Ethiopian Italian colonial askari took over.
He turned it into a shit hole.Off course you adore MSB because before 1970 you were bushman hunter and gatherer and by the late 1980s you had posh villas and were running the central bank when you had no education.You also were getting all major export import contracts like Xosh Kibray and your bushmen were controlling the military and were committing attrocities.Look at gheeto still a shithole even after MSB left.You thrive on anarchy and dictatorship.

Hassan Garguute Buldanana

#Puntlandfirst
VIP
The worst dictator is better than what the interahamwe militias did after toppling Baare. They went full retard. That doesn’t mean he was a good leader. A normal rebel movement would just form a government. Tedakale, what really hurt us all was putting all our eggs in one basket (Xamar) Alxamdulilah for federalism, we are correcting that mistake.

You're the dog, kalabyahow. Maybe you should go join your Aabbo in his grave seeing as how distraught you are at his well-deserved death.

I don't weep for his death. It is indeed well deserved. My family fought against him, but hindsight is 20/20. They'll tell you themselves.

I'm saying people need to be honest with themselves. There was no Somalia before the Kacaanists took over and Somalia died with with them when the project officially failed in '91. This idea that his regime ruined anything is a total fabrication and after the fact rationalization. The way Somalis live in Somalia tonight is the natural state.

I don't weep for his death. It is indeed well deserved. My family fought against him, but hindsight is 20/20. They'll tell you themselves.

I'm saying people need to be honest with themselves. There was no Somalia before the Kacaanists took over and Somalia died with with them when the project officially failed in '91. This idea that his regime ruined anything is a total fabrication and after the fact rationalization. The way Somalis live in Somalia tonight is the natural state.

LOOL

There was no Somalia before Siad kulaha and you want us to believe your family fought against him. Haye, sheekada sii wad.

LOOL

There was no Somalia before Siad kulaha and you want us to believe your family fought against him. Haye, sheekada sii wad.

Walaal, I'm not lying to you. People put too much stock in 9 years of the same old clan politicking, foreign grip on the economy, and pure indecisiveness. It was nothing more than a buffer period between colonial rule and the first (and last) Somali state.

At least you agree with me halfway.

My dad hates that Nigga and I’m not even issaq
He Used Lock Up Eastsiders

sad-teary-eyed.gif

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
I really don’t. I frantically do not care that he was a dictator, he did so much great for Somalia as a whole.

Those who disrespect him on a daily basis would never understand how much he means for other Somalis. He really gave us all a chance, not just certain groups but all of us.
He did great things, yes, but he also caused the distraction of our nation, massacres and what else

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
Starting to regret logging back in. Are we still making excuses for power tripping genocidal maniacs? If you willingly support someone who opened fire on innocent spectators then you are either clueless or an immoral person yourself.

Don't care if he built a few roads, rejuvenated some dusty tuulo or found a cure for cancer, he still has the blood of men, women and children on his hands. A good deed or any greater accomplishment will not absolve a fucking child murderer.

How can anyone like that genocidal maniac. He bombed the second largest somali city into the ground, literally, and has thousands of peoples bloods on his hands which is even more significant for somali terms cause our population was only 7 million during his reign. Every somali alive today has at least 1 family member dead cause of the actions of his government. :mjlol:

my awoowe who basically built Boroma from the ground up had to interact with Barre, since Barre used to view my grandfather as extremely level headed and composed. Barre was a communist who had ideals that didn't align with many, and he wasn't pleasant to deal with,

Som

VIP
Siad Barre haters should explain me what the hell they are doing in the west. Your families were living in Somalia during the Siad Barre era, when he was kicked out of the country you left and ran away. Most of you never came back. Tell me why?
The answer is obvious. Siad Barre had many flaws and did many wrong things but under his rule Somalia was a normal country with relative peace and security, now if you go to Xamar you need to watch your back because of qarax and assassinations.
Siad Barre was the last president of a functional state, his opposers destroyed the country and couldn't build a functional country. This is an undisputable fact.

Som

VIP
May Allah burn and torture him in depth of hell, Amiin, he destroyed Somalia and Somalis to the obvilion, I don't even think we will ever recover from all the nepotism and clan fueds he created among us any time soon.:bell:
So you blame the last 30 years of mooryanimo, looting, terrorism and qarax on a guy who left Somalia 30 years ago? Why didn't the opposition fix things?

Yeah that was the point I was trying to make to him.

You know Somalia is in the shitter when option A (barre) is more favorable than option B (warlords/fake governments/Al Shabab/etc)

Somalia was always poor way befor the civil war .

" in the 1980s Somalia had one of the lowest per capita caloric intake in the world "
Afweyne gov runned by foreign aidpeg.jpg

Ppl were already dying from starvation well befor the collapse.

As for his so called literacy campaign and educational reform that kacanist like to boast about started in the early 1970s
And it only manage to gain 24 percent literacy rate .

Siad barre litteracy rate 1970I.png

There was only 3 functioning hospitals in the whole country and like 2-3 universities now we can see that there are hospitals and universities in almost every federal member state .
The only pictures and vids we have from Somalia is Mogadishu which only had 6-7 districts and now we have 17 districts soon to be 18 .
Only people who cant make it in life dwell on the past , funny thing is nobody in this forum was even alive during the kacaan era and only seen videos and pictures of the two streets siad barre build in Mogadishu.
If you asked these kacanist orphans to show you pictures or videos of their gobol in the kacaan era they wouldn't able to because Mogadishu and hargeisa were literally the only cities that had infrastructure

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Only the mooryan community would deny the fact Somalia was better off under Barre than our current preeicament. 30k AMISOM babysit us today and our waters are being over fished.