I don’t find Siad Barre a bad person

Siad Barre was incompetant, myopic and disastrous, although I do believe that in the first few years he was decent and making fast progress before he became corrupted (much more than SYL years) but the first big mistake he made was in 1973 oil market crises he was selling out to Saudi Arabia agreeing to their pleas that Somalia does not explore/exploit Oil, so oil price stays high in Saudi's favour. The second big mistake he made was becoming tribalist and betrayed Somalis he was a Daroodist (first with Marehan-Ogaden-Dhulbahante 'MOD' and then later last 5 years of rule it was Marehan-Dhulbahante-Majeerteen 'MDM').
The third mistake and the worst one of them all was deliberately botching the Galbeed/Ogaden war (which was not a mistake to actually start the war imo because Somalis in the galbeed were very opressed even although he personally had alterior motives which was to stay in power) because some of his cronies told him that when galbeed gets freed it will have negative effect on their grip of power, so Darood generals like Abdullahi Yusuf started the subversion of the Galbeed/Ogaden liberation war by invading oromo areas going outside of Somali inhabited areas which created furore in the world and thats when Russia, Cuba and North yemen came to Etiopia aid, people like Abdullahi Yusuf and Siad Barre knew what they were doing they were deliberately trying to lose the war, if the soldiers just holded onto the Somali inhabited areas of Ethiopia it would have been fair game and we could have called for a ceasefire.
The last mistake and the second worst of them all he made was the Isaac genocide.

I'm Surre so this critique is not coming from a position of cuqdad or envy like most others and is objective as we are not qabiilists we have history of giving sadaqa to many clans before our demise centuries ago.

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
Hey Transboy, listen just say I love Barre because he hails from my tribe but for God's sake don't say he was the best President with a straight face, that evil monster ruled for 21 years and Somalia was poorer than all the sub-Saharan African countries gdp wise.
Langaab langaab dhalay I don't give a damn what your opinion is. Fragile little maggot keep making up deluded assumptions. Love the blatant insecurity.

Hey Transboy, listen just say I love Barre because he hails from my tribe but for God's sake don't say he was the best President with a straight face, that evil monster ruled for 21 years and Somalia was poorer than all the sub-Saharan African countries gdp wise.
Barre provided peak education for Somalis. He standardized the orthography of the language and managed to write textbooks for abstract concepts like physics and maths, pic related.
1643756192821.png

Barre provided peak education for Somalis. He standardized the orthography of the language and managed to write textbooks for abstract concepts like physics and maths, pic related.
View attachment 213601
Beenta aduunka waakas the somali education system became a laughing stock and somalis used to go to Kenya to study so that they get better education.
MSB an illiterate Italian Askari just added his incompetence to every institution he tried to change.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Siad Barre fed ogaden refugees and took Somalis to unnecessary war to free them from the Ethiopian regime. The 1977 war is what created the mistrust and divided Somalis along clan lines.

View attachment 213601

He only athourized the campaign to educate the Somalis nomads the newly adapted Somali writing which he was paid very fine since that grant money was paid by most of African colonial countries including our Italy.:drakekidding:

Nepostistic evil XaarBarre even credited a hunter gather cousin of his as the writer of the Somali language when an Isaq money wrote the script decades prior to his Buun Cousin of his.

Heck he and denied Osamaniya(Which was actually operational on NWE regions) out of Cuqdad he had for Majeerteen.:pacspit::jcoleno:

Beenta aduunka waakas the somali education system became a laughing stock and somalis used to go to Kenya to study so that they get better education.
MSB an illiterate Italian Askari just added his incompetence to every institution he tried to change.
What educational system are you referring to before barre?
He only athourized the campaign to educate the Somalis nomads the newly adapted Somali writing which he was paid very fine since that grant money was paid by most of African colonial countries including our Italy.:drakekidding:

Nepostistic evil XaarBarre even credited a hunter gather cousin of his as the writer of the Somali language when an Isaq money wrote the script decades prior to his Marehan Cousin of his.

Heck he and denied Osamaniya(Which was actually operational on NWE regions) out of Cuqdad he had for Majeerteen.:pacspit::jcoleno:
What is this cope kkkk if it wasn't for barre unionizing Somalis the language script would have still been debated upon like during pre-colonialism

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast

What is this cope kkkk if it wasn't for barre unionizing Somalis the language script would have still been debated upon like during pre-colonialism

Yes, Are you saying that is all his achievement for ruling a country for a 21 years? :childplease:

He killed half million Somalis and the clan fueds he orchastered among neighboring clans are still killing us and Somalia was poorer than the African sub Saharan countries!!!!, Even Galmudug had more GDP than Siyad Barre Somalia .:damn:

The answers is clear,Siyad Barre was the President Somalia ever had and Farmaajo is next.

There were schools in somalia before MSB dont tell me that illiterate Italian colonial askari introduced schoolong to somalia.

He is a real leader that tried to build a true nation for all Somalis. When he ascended to power representing Somali blood in a post-colonial world, he did not realize he was the only man in a country of xoolo. The colonial states subsequently turned into a ranch as you can see on full display tonight.

He is a real leader that tried to build a true nation for all Somalis. When he ascended to power representing Somali blood in a post-colonial world, he did not realize he was the only man in a country of xoolo. The colonial states subsequently turned into a ranch as you can see on full display tonight.
post colonial world? come on he was a low ranking african colonial officer should have gone to Italy with his masters. Its better having an Italian ruling rather than they dabodhilifs.
He turned the country into a xoolo and xoolo like you beleive that we should have facists like him to further polarise a nation that needs healing.

He was a bushman and only belonged to the bush like his kins and not leading a country.

There were schools in somalia before MSB dont tell me that illiterate Italian colonial askari introduced schoolong to somalia.
Yes but they weren't any *somali* schools, or at the very least schools taught using an imperial language
Yes, Are you saying that is all his achievement for ruling a country for a 21 years? :childplease:

He killed half million Somalis and the clan fueds he orchastered among neighboring clans are still killing us and Somalia was poorer than the African sub Saharan countries!!!!, Even Galmudug had more GDP than Siyad Barre Somalia .:damn:

The answers is clear,Siyad Barre was the President Somalia ever had and Farmaajo is next.
Why are you downplaying education? Barre's regime is vastly better than the shithole state of Somalia today, tried controlling those damned apes

Could never understand for the life of me why he out why he decided to punish jabhads by ordering the massacre of civilians, only ever made things worse in my book. As the president he was supposed to be their representative, their protector. I guess he believed that he lost them, because you know my clan against the rest of the world mantra, but its obvious many didnt have any interest in fighting him, it only pushed people to run to the arms of the rebels, who by the way were despicable themselves...but thats a story for another day.

Siad Barre, Saddam Hussein and Gaddafi all said their country is filled with animals and they werent lying

More worried about all this trash still in this country, not some guy who died 30 years ago

somalipatriot

Unfortunately, therefore lack of any wisdom
People here go from one extreme to the other. First and formostly, who is and isn’t a ‘good ruler’ is up to Allah, not us.

I can speak as a MX and claim he did good or speak as non-MX (myself included) and curse him etc etc. This will get you nowhere.

None of us can deny that our parents were educated and living better lives than other Africans. The economy was doing well in the early 70s, and urbanisation was increasing. The biggest downside was that he was a damn communist puppet.

It’s an accepted fact that he turned harsh after 77’, he began to practise nepotism and persecuted rebellious qabiils. In fact, my own relatives had their business in Xamar xooged from them (under a communist pretence, apparently). He killed many of our MJ brothers and sisters, and wiped out the Isaaq. He led Somalia to its doom and was completely responsible for the clan-fiefdom you see today.

Whether or not he was ‘good or bad’ is a horribly vague question and it’s best we forgive and forget.

There’s no doubt however that the SYL was the greatest and well-intentioned group in Somali History. Everyone who came after them were pure Qashin.
Your not MX no MX would ever call siyaad a communist puppet you just shown your true colors by praising the syl as the only well intentioned group meaning your not MX but MJ since the majerteen clan had the key figures in the syl including two prime ministers that originated from this clan which dominated syl politics at the time however I do agree they were nationalists and were loyal to the Somali cause and you give arguments without knowing the context of these events furthermore the power vacuum after his ouster led to the clan fiefdoms

@Sane put it best that Afweyne was a tribalist dictator. But we should not let him get in the way of clans coming togeter to rebuild their nation that Afweyne destroyed

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

View attachment 213601

How many colleges and universities existed under Afweyne vs how many there are now in Somaliland/Somalia

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The Italian policeman turned dictator gave list interview in Italian but I wonder if he learned to read the language by that time

Trending

Latest posts