I’m a colorist because Iman is my ideal black woman.

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
This west African chick is was debating with on fb told me I was color struck and worship European features because Iman is my ideal physically for a black woman.I responded that Iman is Somali and is darker than Obama or Kneely Boi. If you put in the room with Iman’s daughter and me , most people would assume I was her daughter. Me: A 4th generation Somali American with Tuareg, miscellaneous Bantu, English, French, Native and Asian ancestry.
DBAFFD8E-778E-4F1D-92B6-E30680229E43.jpeg
52F85AF9-2C8E-4627-9B79-C259B3FA65C0.jpeg

Iman’s half Bantu daughter:
B6A0A081-AC3C-455E-BEF9-1D173C10DBB3.jpeg
40BDDF07-86F8-462D-AECB-69871A77115F.jpeg

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
My boyfriend said that outside of having slightly larger than average nostrils and my curly is 4a/3c, and my lip size, I look like a genetic Somali. My nose is small compared to most people, regardless of race. I’m super skinny and flat. So wouldn’t idealizing black women like Megan the Stallion for me be self hatred ?

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
Just look at how it was and use to be:
514jzDXRs2L._AC_SX425_.jpg

cc19c829b5de41c2170006556e072bea.jpg

013_somalia-famine_001-clarke-giles_JPG.jpg

Somalia has always been dark skinned. It's how normal it is.

There is many diversity now, than back then though, when it comes to browner (narrow) skin tones because of expansion of interconnecting cultures.
Most people in Somali today range from bright yellow to mid brown, bright red or gold, to straight up dark chocolate. That's why I say the black community is very diverse in variety of all sorts of people and how they look.

Just look at how it was and use to be:
514jzDXRs2L._AC_SX425_.jpg

cc19c829b5de41c2170006556e072bea.jpg

013_somalia-famine_001-clarke-giles_JPG.jpg

Somalia has always been dark skinned. It's how normal it is.

There is many diversity now, than back then though, when it comes to browner (narrow) skin tones because of expansion of interconnecting cultures.
Most people in Somali today range from bright yellow to mid brown, bright red or gold, to straight up dark chocolate. That's why I say the black community is very diverse in variety of all sorts of people and how they look.
We're not black.

psyche

To each their own
How are they Bantu if they speak Somaali? Lmfao Make Sense Now.

They are not of our kin. All Somalis have similar ancestry except for the bantu and to a lesser extend cadcads.

Somali bantus are just ex-slaves stranded on Somalia after the collapse of the East African slave trade. They eventually settled down here and picked up the culture/language.

Their origins can be traced back to the southern bantu countries

Last edited:

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
So where did they come from ? I originally thought it was similar to how the Irish got the red gene for Vikings or the Slavics in Italy.

All caucasians are Khazars from the Caucususes mountain regions. They expanded eventually to lower Europe and Mid East through Asia Steppes.

But, African DNA is older: For you see:
Bantu, is a hybrid of many tribes and clans of different genetics.
There is no single origin point ever determined for the "Bantu" family.

It's just easier to say that people were already here and it was always be that way as it was since it began.

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
@MrAubameyang . My Somali heritage is though my dad’s side. The Somalis to arrive to America was during the 1920s as sailors. My grandpa converted over Catholicism and changed the surname to an English one. Both my father and dad had a lot of identity issues and guilt from it.

Trending