I’m a colorist because Iman is my ideal black woman.

a y a n

nigga I am not a firefighter
VIP
Black race is a social construct, it's not real.
It really isn’t, but saying that Iman isn’t black is probably one of the funniest things I’ve heard, she definitely is in that “Black” category whether you like it or not
Negroid, Mongloid, and Caucasoid are somewhat human sub categories tho, not everyone fits properly so it’s not something to go off of either

View attachment 116740
race is “the grouping of humans based on shared physical or social categories generally viewed as distinct by general society.”Black is just a category within this relatively simple system.
Throughout the world, black doesn’t just mean west/South African, all it means is that you’re sub Saharan african and have darker brown skin, and somalis check both of those boxes as a whole. If we were to be apart of another race, what would we even be? Cushitic isn’t a race, East African isn’t a race, horn African isn’t a race. Black, White, Asian, Pacific Islander, and Native American r the only choices you have (pls don’t say Hispanic is a race cause it isn’t!!)
black is a race, Somali is an ethnicity, not “skin color” classification really lmaoo
DCC9E177-8501-4751-96FC-0F4BB0674264.jpeg

Negroid, Mongloid, and Caucasoid are somewhat human sub categories tho, not everyone fits properly so it’s not something to go off of either

Black race is literally a social construct, that's why people say race isn't real. Along with Europeans changing the definition of white people from only Nordic peoples to eventually allowing Mediterraneans, Celts, Semites, Slavs, etc.

People do fit into Negroid, Caucasoid, Mongoloid. Those terms aren't used in social settings anymore because Madows thought it was dehumanizing.

Somalis aren't Negroid=black btw.

Black race is literally a social construct, that's why people say race isn't real. Along with Europeans changing the definition of white people from only Nordic peoples to eventually allowing Mediterraneans, Celts, Semites, Slavs, etc.

People do fit into Negroid, Caucasoid, Mongoloid. Those terms aren't used in social settings anymore because Madows thought it was dehumanizing.

502C5F8D-C1FE-4C41-A0F8-18FF1DAD4407.gif

a y a n

VIP

Indians (specifically the southern ones) don’t fit into any
Nor do Australian Aboriginals (I believe they might be their own thing though)
Somalis don’t have one major “white” feature, pale skin
we’re also rumored to be some weird 60/40 nilote/natufian mix so fitting us at that rate wouldn’t work either

Somalis don’t have one major “white” feature, pale skin
we’re also rumored to be some weird 60/40 nilote/natufian mix so fitting us at that rate wouldn’t work either

No one said anything about Somalis being "white" but they certainly aren't negroid.

Somali's proto-nilote ancestors are different from negroids (who all come from west Africa), negroids .

20% of negroid DNA comes from another hominid species not found in another human group.

kurobecky08

Taxation is theft
That’s actually really cool :shookgabre:
You have any idea of what city/village he was from?
I know that they came from the area British Somaliland . None of my dad’s side like Ethiopians and never understand until I got older. The form of Catholicism my grandpa converted is called Donatism. Donatists argued that Christian clergy must be faultless for their ministry to be effective and their prayers and sacraments to be valid. It started in North Africa. Berbers and Somalis do have historical ties to each other. Isn’t there a city in Somalia called Berbera? Many Berbers like my grandma claim that Catholicism is originally an African religion and Baptists and other Christians are infidels and such

a y a n

VIP
No one said anything about Somalis being "white" but they certainly aren't negroid.

Somali's proto-nilote ancestors are different from negroids (who all come from west Africa), negroids .

20% of negroid DNA from another hominid species not found another human group.

If you have said that the three categories are real, how are you to say that the proto-Nilotic ancestors are still differentiated? Are they caucasoid now lmao?

View attachment 116740
race is “the grouping of humans based on shared physical or social categories generally viewed as distinct by general society.”Black is just a category within this relatively simple system.
Throughout the world, black doesn’t just mean west/South African, all it means is that you’re sub Saharan african and have darker brown skin, and somalis check both of those boxes as a whole. If we were to be apart of another race, what would we even be? Cushitic isn’t a race, East African isn’t a race, horn African isn’t a race. Black, White, Asian, Pacific Islander, and Native American r the only choices you have (pls don’t say Hispanic is a race cause it isn’t!!)
black is a race, Somali is an ethnicity, not “skin color” classification really lmaoo
Typical American smh, Asian isn't a race. Pacific Islander also isn't. And Native American too, in fact they should be grouped in with East Asians as they migrated from Asia to North America during the Ice Age and so are most similar to East Asians. All of these labels are man-made, subject to change at the behest of their creators and are simply illogical. These are from the U.S. Census and are a mishmash of race (a social construct itself), ethnicity, and I suppose continentality, if you will (Asian).

If you have said that the three categories are real, how are you to say that the proto-Nilotic ancestors are still differentiated? Are they caucasoid now lmao?

They don't exist anymore, they were absorbed.

Why I'm saying Somalis aren't negroid because they don't have that ghost population DNA, that makes them negroid.

Yeah native Australians and Tamils have dark black skin too. Skin color doesn't determine race. There's multiple indigenous races in Africa.
Because Aborginals and Tamils aren’t from Africa you fucking moron lmao nobody ever said skin color determines race, hence why people like Khoisans are black and Tamils are Asian. Somalis are Black and Sub-Saharan African. End of story.

a y a n

VIP
Typical American smh, Asian isn't a race. Pacific Islander also isn't. And Native American too, in fact they should be grouped in with East Asians as they migrated from Asia to North America during the Ice Age and so are most similar to East Asians. All of these labels are man-made, subject to change at the behest of their creators and are simply illogical. These are from the U.S. Census and are a mishmash of race (a social construct itself), ethnicity, and I suppose continentality, if you will (Asian).
The Native American people aren’t completely tied to modern “Mongloids.” In fact they’re thought to be a pretty distinct north East Asian group. None of it is confirmed, though.

Asian connotates Mongloid, if that wasn’t obvious I apologize
Pacific Islanders are a pretty distinct human group and are socially considered distinct so they tick that box.

It really isn’t, but saying that Iman isn’t black is probably one of the funniest things I’ve heard, she definitely is in that “Black” category whether you like it or not
Negroid, Mongoloid and Caucasoid are also scientifically disproven skull shape and feature-based pseudo-scientific classifications.

Because Aborginals and Tamils aren’t from Africa you fucking moron lmao nobody ever said skin color determines race, hence why people like Khoisans are black and Tamils are Asian. Somalis are Black and Sub-Saharan African. End of story.

Wrong, we're more related to eurasians than negroids via DNA, linguistics, etc..

The Native American people aren’t completely tied to modern “Mongloids.” In fact they’re thought to be a pretty distinct north East Asian group. None of it is confirmed, though.

Asian connotates Mongloid, if that wasn’t obvious I apologize
Pacific Islanders are a pretty distinct human group and are socially considered distinct so they tick that box.
Well if Pacific Islander is a race because it is socially considered so, then I'm whatever I want to be. Race doesn't exist in reality, it's a figment of human imagination.

Trending

Latest posts