How many of you adhere to Islam?

• Yes i am Muslim

Votes: 65 82.3%
  • No i am not Muslim

Votes: 14 17.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Under Siad Barre, Somalia was a secular country. Women didn't have to cover their hair and radical Islamist preachers were arrested and executed. He was our greatest leader.

Lol what clan are you? Tell me your clan (isaaq,darood,hawiye,rahanweyn etc) and I will tell you why those weren't the best times and he wasn't the "greatest" leader

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
Cause state and religion should never mix. Religion is for the individual.

Very vague explanation, religion is the general term sharia is the laws of governance. Let me word it differently, secular laws vs Sharia law, why do you prefer secularism over sharia law?

NotAjnabi

Somalilander
Very vague explanation, religion is the general term sharia is the laws of governance. Let me word it differently, secular laws vs Sharia law, why do you prefer secularism over sharia law?
I dislike stoning people to death(murder), adding to the fact that a majority of somalis are hadith reliant it would become even more ridiculous.

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
I dislike stoning people to death(murder), adding to the fact that a majority of somalis are hadith reliant it would become even more ridiculous.

You do know it's almost impossible to stone people to death that the sharia made that way so it's impossible to abuse it. 4 people must witness not only sexual act but also see penetration, even at that point the sharia advises the Muslim to hide the shameful act of another Muslim.

Secularism on the other hand there's no second chance, many have been sentenc3d to the electric chair with no prior rules showing any mercy. So you prefer the chair?

NotAjnabi

Somalilander
You do know it's almost impossible to stone people to death that the sharia made that way so it's impossible to abuse it. 4 people must witness not only sexual act but also see penetration, even at that point the sharia advises the Muslim to hide the shameful act of another Muslim.

Secularism on the other hand there's no second chance, many have been sentenc3d to the electric chair with no prior rules showing any mercy. So you prefer the chair?
Everything can be abused, and as I said before, somalis are very reliant on hadith.
Where I'm from, evidence is required.

Gn bro

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019

Do you live in a country that is governed by sharia?

Just wanted to ask because I have lived in a country where man made laws rule the land. So my opinion of living in a country under man made laws are based on my experiences.

I wouldn't want to live in Saudi or dubai. You can't even become a citizen in those places. I have an uncle that has been living in Dubai since the 90s and still isn't a citizen. His kids ain't either.

I agree but the sharia has strict rules, better than secularism. Gd night
It's the only way to get rid of Khaat.

"According to the Shari'ah, it is the duty of the Islamic state to enforce prohibition. The punishment of a free person for drinking wine or other intoxicating liquor, is eighty lashes on the authority of all the companions. This is equal to punishment for baseless slandering. The flogging should he such as does not inflict wounds on the body beneath the skin. The Holy Prophet once said to the executioner: In inflicting the punishment, take care not to strike the face, the head or the privates.

Flogging should not be done by a cruel executioner but by scholars who are well versed in the Islamic Law so that they should award punishment according to the letter and spirit of the law."

The best Law in my opinion.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
It's the only way to get rid of Khaat.

"According to the Shari'ah, it is the duty of the Islamic state to enforce prohibition. The punishment of a free person for drinking wine or other intoxicating liquor, is eighty lashes on the authority of all the companions. This is equal to punishment for baseless slandering. The flogging should he such as does not inflict wounds on the body beneath the skin. The Holy Prophet once said to the executioner: In inflicting the punishment, take care not to strike the face, the head or the privates.

Flogging should not be done by a cruel executioner but by scholars who are well versed in the Islamic Law so that they should award punishment according to the letter and spirit of the law."

The best Law in my opinion.
Do you live in a country run by sharia?

Nope. Never did.
"Saudi Arabia has one of the world’s highest rates of execution: suspects convicted of terrorism, homicide, rape, armed robbery and drug trafficking face the death penalty.

Rights experts have repeatedly raised concerns about the fairness of trials in the kingdom, which is governed by a strict form of Islamic law. The government says the death penalty is a deterrent for further crime."

Imagine if this was implemented in that country called Somalia. Instead, they pay off judges tribe leaders and women in Idp camps get raped by soldiers.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Nope. Never did.
Saudi has deported thousands of Somalis. My nigga you might not be wanted there tbh.

Saudis owned slaves until the 1960s too.

So in some people's eyes to them you will be a Slave. Be cautious.

If you have any friends or no people living in Saudi ask about their experiences. My opinion the Middle East is that it's a more racist version of the west with that is pretty strict on religion. Going to visit Saudi or Dubai probably in a couple of yeas. Gonna see the place for myself

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
@LI0N7 also it sounds like a terrible place to live in especislly if you are single. It's seems like it's going to be tough to find a spouse since it's illegal to talk to women you aren't related to.

Saudi has deported thousands of Somalis. My nigga you might not be wanted there tbh.

Saudis owned slaves until the 1960s too.

So in some people's eyes to them you will be a Slave. Be cautious.

If you have any friends or no people living in Saudi ask about their experiences. My opinion the Middle East is that it's a more racist version of the west with that is pretty strict on religion. Going to visit Saudi or Dubai probably in a couple of yeas. Gonna see the place for myself
Of course i know that. I'm just saying there model of society and governing needs to there in Somalia.

And you probably won't experience anything like that if you dress like an American, speak like one, and flaunt your passport.

"The Italian colonial administration abolished slavery in Somalia at the turn of the 20th century. Some Bantu groups, however, remained enslaved well until the 1930s, and continued to be despised and discriminated against by large parts of Somali society."

"The Italian colonial administration abolished slavery in Somalia at the turn of the 20th century by decree of the King of Italy. Some Bantu groups, however, remained enslaved until the 1910s in the areas not totally dominated by the Italians, and continued to be despised and discriminated against by large parts of Somali society."

"During the Somali Civil War, many Bantu were forced from their lands in the lower Juba River valley, as militiamen from various Somali clans took control of the area.[26] Being visible minorities and possessing little in the way of firearms, the Bantu were particularly vulnerable to violence and looting by gun-toting militiamen.[8]"

Jerome, ask yourself, if slavery of Bantus wasn't abolished in areas without Italian colonialists, would Bantus still be enslaved in Somalia if Italians/Europeans hadn't even come at all? It was just about 20 odd years ago and 3 decades after the abolishment of Slavery in the Kingdom of Saud their lands got confiscated and women were violated(worse than slavery).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending