How comes the appearance of Somali women is so radically different compared to the past?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
Naa I like my long slender look, when I wear the guuntino it floats very well on me. I want to wear the guuntino with my arms exposed drenched in chains and buetiful beads around my neck and collar bone. It will be a challenge in a conservative society, however I will be known as the women who'd deified authoritarian theocratic Reign. However I am coward and my father will hang my neck for defining the so called Muslim tradition, whatever that means. As he lived through a more free liberal era.
Spoken like a true MJ.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
Two words, make up and social media. How many girls post their pictures up without make up?
I do on snapchat. Snapchat has a nice camera. I've done it straight after waking up. Need the lighting to be behind you so that you cannot see skin imperfections

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
Better cameras now than before.

In the description of Somalis in a 1880s book I read it included descriptions of a variety of looks ranging from very dark to fair skinned, alot of blue black people in this thread now think they have a justification to point fingers at every light skin xalimo and accuse her of bleaching.

Also complexions vary, my skin is maariin but my sister is very light, and then I have a brother who's darker than me. It's typical within Somalis to see this.

Are you sure those are the only photos of people in that time period? :cosbyhmm:Hard to believe that a group's appearance can change that much in only 100 yrs (or from whatever time those photos were taken)

Its the climate and lifestyle changes that have caused this for the most part. They also didn't have the luxury of using cosmetics because they had more pressing issues...

Also, lets not even lie Somali men have also changed a lot in the last 100 years.
They used to be strong and muscular with better defined features now because of the diet and lifestyle changes, they are very much the opposite.
This kinda thing happens everywhere. Take a look at China or Korea's average heights for example 100 years ago vs today. Things have changed a lot in just a century.

Gambar

VIP
Its the climate and lifestyle changes that have caused this for the most part. They also didn't have the luxury of using cosmetics because they had more pressing issues...

Also, lets not even lie Somali men have also changed a lot in the last 100 years.
They used to be strong and muscular with better defined features now because of the diet and lifestyle changes, they are very much the opposite.
This kinda thing happens everywhere. Take a look at China or Korea's average heights for example 100 years ago vs today. Things have changed a lot in just a century.
Somali men need to go to the gym too. They look ridiculous with their folding over stomachs.

Somali men need to go to the gym too. They look ridiculous with their folding over stomachs.
Walahi, I think as Somali's, we all do. Skinny-fat seems to be the default Somali weight level.
Excercise also improves mood and Lord knows some Somali's really need it. Lol.

N

nadia

ALAAH HOOGAYAY i just clocked she looks like mygrandma:damn:

upload_2017-6-6_14-52-26-png.20350

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts