How comes the appearance of Somali women is so radically different compared to the past?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Less harsher climate, probably better nutrition, better access to whatever form of healthcare was around, and probably less stress. Being a camel herder is a rough life.
But we're becoming obese, less healthy and chronically sick. I think the nomad lifestyle is much healthier than our sedentary pill popping former era. A disarray of useless people who cannot even pick up water from a well 100 miles away.

thank God I wasnt born at that time:browtf:

our xalimos now:banderas:

15676110_10153962055576744_8196773139424905661_o.jpg

But we're becoming obese, less healthy and chronically sick. I think the nomad lifestyle is much healthier than our sedentary pill popping former era. A disarray of useless people who cannot even pick up water from a well 100 miles away.

there are pros and cons on either side but I was just speaking to the possible difference in some physical characteristics of nomads vs city dwellers of the same time.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Back home, they have this weird obese dripping face and bleached skin. I do not find them that attractive tbh.
Fat is encouraged and embraced in Somalia oh boy when I traveled there I was told I'm to slim, 7st ,5"7 I was a stick to my relatives. I kept insisting that fat isn't good for you, allas it all fell on deaf ears. The more bigger a lady the more pretty she is.

Fat is encouraged and embraced in Somalia oh boy when I traveled there I was told I'm to slim, 7st ,5"7 I was a stick to my relatives. I kept insisting that fat isn't good for you, allas it all fell on deaf ears. The more bigger a lady the more pretty she is.

Not exactly true, they don't like fat and skinny is even worse to them. They just like healthy looking with some meat.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Not exactly true, they don't like fat and skinny is even worse to them. They just like healthy looking with some meat.
Naa I like my long slender look, when I wear the guuntino it floats very well on me. I want to wear the guuntino with my arms exposed drenched in chains and buetiful beads around my neck and collar bone. It will be a challenge in a conservative society, however I will be known as the women who'd deified authoritarian theocratic Reign. However I am coward and my father will hang my neck for defining the so called Muslim tradition, whatever that means. As he lived through a more free liberal era.

Jeesto

VIP
look at the array of jewlerry the little girl is wearing at the end, so magnificent. I wouldn't mind wearing a type of clothing such as this, when representing Somalia, instead of dirac, overrated garment. We have really lost our art in jewlerry making, the elaborate chains. I should invest in returning such a garment of historical signifance however with a modern twist when thinking of the design.
:qri8gs7::qri8gs7::qri8gs7::qri8gs7:
The traditional silver jewellery
114745f9b82c5da667de21b210cb59fc.jpg

8d9de91a714d48fb69f574e29275aebb.jpg

16a57de35867687482adaf9cebebb68e.jpg

f24c162ce619c6321ef19ee976b62eba.jpg

17013d542bcfcd092aec0d92456f696f.jpg

acd927d7bb6a36f1a0065bc22e96190b.jpg

I think there's nothing more beautiful the the Somali traditional dress, Insha'Allah, when I marry plan on wearing on just like this :

IMG_6609.jpg

IMG_6608.jpg

Than you have the useless Somalis who wear saris to their weddings, disgusting!

IMG_6607.jpg

Naa I like my long slender look, when I wear the guuntino it floats very well on me. I want to wear the guuntino with my arms exposed drenched in chains and buetiful beads around my neck and collar bone. It will be a challenge in a conservative society, however I will be known as the women who'd deified authoritarian theocratic Reign. However I am coward and my father will hang my neck for defining the so called Muslim tradition, whatever that means. As he lived through a more free liberal era.

I don't know how you look sis I wasn't talking about you. But alhamdulilah I'm happy you're happy with yourself.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
:qri8gs7::qri8gs7::qri8gs7::qri8gs7:
The traditional silver jewellery
114745f9b82c5da667de21b210cb59fc.jpg

8d9de91a714d48fb69f574e29275aebb.jpg

16a57de35867687482adaf9cebebb68e.jpg

f24c162ce619c6321ef19ee976b62eba.jpg

17013d542bcfcd092aec0d92456f696f.jpg

acd927d7bb6a36f1a0065bc22e96190b.jpg
Where can I buy this particular jewlerry ? I will be willing to buy them for any price even a grand lol, their of sentimental value is worth the money, if their price is high I don't mind. I tried finding them in garowe but I couldn't all I got was head scratches from local stall employees when I asked them about it. I will go to Somalia again and definitely travel around to see if I can find any. I want to buy one so that I can wear a traditional guuntino matched with this particular Jewlerry for special charity events hosted by my hospital. Instead of wearing gowns lol.

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
I still see women like this. Hell, some of them have similar qualities to myself. Thick hair, dark skin, relatively tall height. We're so diverse, mashallah. I swear Somali people are an enigma. :rejoice:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts