How comes the appearance of Somali women is so radically different compared to the past?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
upload_2017-6-6_14-52-26.png

upload_2017-6-6_14-52-56.png

upload_2017-6-6_14-53-41.png

upload_2017-6-6_14-52-38.png

upload_2017-6-6_14-52-48.png

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
That's only 4 women. I have a habbaryar that looks sorta like the first one. Somali people are diverse.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Wow we look African :O Diana abuse would be my answer as well as moving to a colder climate, which changes ones colour from dark to caramel. However these women are raw , no make up just smooth skin.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Somalia is very diverse in features you get one end of the spectrum to other, we don't all look the same it's simply facinating.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
Wow we look African :O Diana abuse would be my answer as well as moving to a colder climate, which changes ones colour from dark to caramel. However these women are raw , no make up just smooth skin.
I was born light skin. I can show you baby photos. I think it has more to do with sun exposure. I'm pale in the winter but turn carmel during the summer.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
I was born light skin. I can show you baby photos. I think it has more to do with sun exposure. I'm pale in the winter but turn carmel during the summer.
Most diasporans are light in skin colour compared to those in Somalia, the sun is less in a colder continent than that of the equator where Somalia is closer to. Makes sense why we look so different. I am also caramel when buying foundation, however yellowish hue when winter arrives.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
The last picture is what the traditional Somali women looks like today. Shorter, lighter skin, more curved nose. Idk what happened to our gene pool but we no longer have slender tall darker skinned Somali women. This is why Iman is a big hit and newer Somali models aren't making it big.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
An outside person would thing they originate from west Africa, beautiful clothing though, and Jewellery. Shame this type of dress is dying out due to religious extremism. Our Sufi worship was better as our culture was still intact, no woman would dare walk the streets wearing a guuntino with her arms exposed, rape would be the worse that could happen to her. The jiilbaab is our new national symbol.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Those women in the OP look very old, like in their 40s, but they are only 20 something years old. Their body and their faces are very masculine. It's like the entire Somali physique of the past is unrecognizable now. I didn't know that diet and exercise can change someones appearance that much.

black

live and let die.

It's not diana. People keep saying diana, but I have yet to hear of a woman under 30 using diana. Unless I'm being naive :cosbyhmm:

In the west I mean

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
It's not diana. People keep saying diana, but I have yet to hear of a woman under 30 using diana. Unless I'm being naive :cosbyhmm:

In the west I mean
You're right it isn't Diana. I used to go to dugsi when I was younger and about there 10% of the girls were really pale, 80% were Carmel, and 10% were this chocolate color. I think it's the sun.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
You're right it isn't Diana. I used to go to dugsi when I was younger and about there 10% of the girls were really pale, 80% were Carmel, and 10% were this chocolate color. I think it's the sun.
It's deffo the sun the less you exposure the less likely one gets darker than brown, however the sun which casts its presence in somalia is a wrathful kind. So much so it is such a pain to go outside sometimes. I bought a UV umbrella next time I go and a large hat. The sun is tretourous, I even invested on some fine silk gloves, I hate it, coming from a colder climate where the sun only goes above 24 degrees. I could not get the hang of this heat. Where you feel like you've been washed by your own sweat just by standing for 10 minutes in the heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.