How comes the appearance of Somali women is so radically different compared to the past?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeesto

VIP
Our features didn't change or anything. Each person in this world has unique features and it seems like you cherry picked the pics that didn't have the features that are associated with Somalis today.
Here are some vintage photos with the "somali" features
2mxgwh2.jpg

dd11b74025c66daaf15c5503f0916d30.jpg

tumblr_m8zqjjcx301qill6po2_500.jpg

777b387326c7f94774aaa9489e0daab8.jpg

1d8384c9f2655c36104793140da90728.jpg

CbHeE5UW4AAGbcx.jpg

835088215845840b64800d2ba71bf962.jpg

17494810_1490525500980498_3652471142347702272_n.jpg

Last edited:

black

live and let die.
Notice how it says midgaan? I suppose it isn't exactly a big deal given what was going on

You're right it isn't Diana. I used to go to dugsi when I was younger and about there 10% of the girls were really pale, 80% were Carmel, and 10% were this chocolate color. I think it's the sun.

It's not so much the colour, but the features that are mystifying. A lot, or even most Somalis in Somalia are very dark, even today. Very few of the habro here in the west look like the women portrayed in the photos though

Tjioux

the pussy is never yours, its just your turn.
Our features didn't change or anything. The individuals you posted each have their own unique features and that deosn't mean all somalis looked like them or had the same features.

TE]

This one looks very royalty

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Our features didn't change or anything. Each person in this world have his/her own unique features and it seems like you cherry picked the pics that didn't have the features of what a somali todays looks like
Most of these pictures except the 2nd/last one are either very recent, or they are urban dwellers.

This one is very good looking though.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Our features didn't change or anything. The individuals you posted each have their own unique features and that deosn't mean all somalis looked like them or had the same features.
2mxgwh2.jpg

dd11b74025c66daaf15c5503f0916d30.jpg

1d8384c9f2655c36104793140da90728.jpg

CbHeE5UW4AAGbcx.jpg

835088215845840b64800d2ba71bf962.jpg

17494810_1490525500980498_3652471142347702272_n.jpg
look at the array of jewlerry the little girl is wearing at the end, so magnificent. I wouldn't mind wearing a type of clothing such as this, when representing Somalia, instead of dirac, overrated garment. We have really lost our art in jewlerry making, the elaborate chains. I should invest in returning such a garment of historical signifance however with a modern twist when thinking of the design.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Evolution.

We are in the slow process of becoming proto-dhegcas

:lawd:
? I think we're turning more Arab tbh, soon we will just be speaking Arabic instead of Somali. The booty clapping is real, no way off ever disintegrating as it eats away at our heritage, culture etc.

Well these women were nomads most
likely, the features aren't too different they're just darker and had an Afro hair style.

These images are probably not representative of all Somali looks even of that time, there are still people that look like this back home now.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Well these women were nomads most
likely, the features aren't too different they're just darker and had an Afro hair style.

These images are probably not representative of all Somali looks even of that time, there are still people that look like this back home now.
I think their buetiful what is wrong with having Afro hair ? I have Afro hair, does that make me inferior to someone with curly soft hair ?

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
? I think we're turning more Arab tbh, soon we will just be speaking Arabic instead of Somali. The booty clapping is real, no way off ever disintegrating as it eats away at our heritage, culture etc.
I know. I hate Arab culture with a passion. It's a degenerate vulture culture that needs to be exterminated from Somalia.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
I know. I hate Arab culture with a passion. It's a degenerate vulture culture that needs to be exterminated from Somalia.
Bring back Sufi, instead of this Sunni masked as salafi wahabbi ideology. A tyrannical, vengeful extreme religion which accomplishes nothing but destroying ones culture and demonises it's people. I know war is a benefactor to bring in such an extreme form of religious practice but enough is enough.

I think their buetiful what is wrong with having Afro hair ? I have Afro hair, does that make me inferior to someone with curly soft hair ?

What?? Where did you get the impression that I believe something is wrong with it or it's inferior? Wth? I think they're beautiful, please don't project your thoughts onto me.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Yeah, she's beautiful. I'm not saying Somali women all look like models btw, so don't get gassed :siilaanyolaugh:Her phenotype is closer to the modern look.
Some do if they live off a diet of fresh and healthy food, plenty of camel milk has made our ancestors tall and slender, now were podgy and short. As a byproduct of modern food we consume with no nutritional content, milk causes one to have strong bones and growth. Although it's predetermined by genes one cannot fail to distinguish the health of our ancestors from their skin complexion to their slender forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.