How come Somalis don't eat halal food in some countries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BANTU

+op MVLI
Bantu :bell:
This is going to need an entire essay to answer.:snoop: Sorry for being judgemental but I can’t believe you’re even asking this question. I still haven’t gotten over the laxness of american muslims.
And by halaal, I mean slaughtered the halaal way

Send me the essay, I've already looked into it and I'd be curious to see your opinion

Tell me the lie though :mjohreally:

How is it compulsory to eat halaal?

You live in a country that is over run with Muslims and somehow US Muslims, who aren't even 2% of 300,000,000 in a country infinity times larger than your island, are lax in their dietary "obligation"

UK is 87% White British with the largest minority being Polish & Indian (most of whom sikhs & hindus). Higher % than the US, but hardly overrun by Muslims sxb. I've lived in places where halal food was pretty difficult to find (literally all places outside big cities).

If you don't believe it's compulsory to eat halal, that's a different conversation.

It's not extremist in the slightest though

Yea

here in Texas me and my pops just pray at this big masjid near me. When I was in California with my mom over the summers on eid we played at a few places. Somalis there either pray at a huge park in the Somali part of town, at a convention center, or in fact at some sort of stadium.

The last eid prayer I had in California was at a baseball stadium. The Arabs and Asians were able to rent the stadium out.

I haven't heard of anyone sacrificing goats TBH
Sxb you don’t have to see anyone sacrificing :gucciwhat:
It’s just something that’s done on the second Eid.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Sxb you don’t have to see anyone sacrificing :gucciwhat:
It’s just something that’s done on the second Eid.
They probably are sacrificing goats. But I haven't had a full on goat meat lunch on eid after sacrificing a goat.

If I wanted to see someone sacrifice a goat than I can just find a farm near me and pay like $30 bucks kill a goat the halal way

They probably are sacrificing goats. But I haven't had a full on goat meat lunch on eid after sacrificing a goat.

If I wanted to see someone sacrifice a goat than I can just find a farm near me and pay like $30 bucks kill a goat the halal way
And that’s what you do for Eid al Adha. Or you can have someone do it for you and buy it.

Quran 24:58

O ye who believe! Let your slaves, and those of you who have not come to puberty, ask leave of you at three times (before they come into your presence): Before the prayer of dawn, and when ye lay aside your raiment for the heat of noon, and after the prayer of night. Three times of privacy for you. It is no sin for them or for you at other times, when some of you go round attendant upon others (if they come into your presence without leave). Thus Allah maketh clear the revelations for you. Allah is Knower, Wise.

So tell me at what part of this ayaat does it tell you what a rakat is? My question was about how to pray. Not when. The same problem is for the other four quran quotes. These are all times when you should be praying. It doesn't tell you about the motions. The only other reference to the quran from this website is for washing your feet during wudu. Even this website is relying on the hadiths for other information found on here like how to do the azaan.

DeadStar

I dare u to show yourself.

O ye who believe! Let your slaves, and those of you who have not come to puberty, ask leave of you at three times (before they come into your presence): Before the prayer of dawn, and when ye lay aside your raiment for the heat of noon, and after the prayer of night. Three times of privacy for you. It is no sin for them or for you at other times, when some of you go round attendant upon others (if they come into your presence without leave). Thus Allah maketh clear the revelations for you. Allah is Knower, Wise.

So tell me at what part of this ayaat does it tell you what a rakat is? My question was about how to pray. Not when. The same problem is for the other four quran quotes. These are all times when you should be praying. It doesn't tell you about the motions. The only other reference to the quran from this website is for washing your feet during wudu. Even this website is relying on the hadiths for other information found on here like how to do the azaan.
Quran and Hadith are the two primary sources of guidance in Islam. Hadith explains the Quran more. They’re even Hadith that were revealed to the prophet. They are called Hadith qudsi. The prophet left for us two things, that if we follow as best we can, we will never astray and that is the Book of Allah and the prophet’s Sunnah.

NotAjnabi

Somalilander
No where in the Quran does it tell you how to pray either, we just know we must do it 5 times a day.

Allah commands us in the Quran to follow the Quran AND the Sunnah of the Prophet.

The Hadith are the Sunnah of the Prophet compiled.
The hadith and the sunnah are two different things.

You're acting as if the Quran has to specifically tell you how to pray. If something is not in the Quran, then it's not necessary. Is the word of Allah not good enough for you? Then again, you guys follow Hadith that say to kill innocent apostates so the word of Allah pretty much holds no importance to you.
:gaasdrink:

Iirc, it's controversial with Christians because you have to invoke the name of Allah before slaughtering it which Christians don't. Kosher food on the on the other hand meets all the requirements. Since Jews have a 'stricter' diet, all animals that can be deemed kosher can also be deemed halal

HMC is 100% halal and unstunned, and I believe HFA (which is the controversial one used by KFC/Nandos and other chains) is also halal tbh, especially non-birds. The stunning itself is fine, but the problem comes from animals potentially dying from the shock rather than being slaughter the properly way. Afaik, it's extremely unlikely for an animal to die from the stunning process.

If anything, I think the inhumane treatment animals receive before they're slaughtered should be just as controversial, but I might be wrong here
True but as long as they don't say in the name of Jesus or messihah it's fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts