Rooble44

Bishop of the order of Gacanta Furan βœ‹
I just came back from Somalia last month, and the older I get and visit the motherland, the more I understand and appreciate the culture, the philosophy and the societal norms and customs. One main theme that piqued both my interest and undivided attention was the qabyaalad that runs through the Somali system; its literally in the bones.

The one thing I fully realise is whether we like it or not, qabiil and qabyaalad isn't going anywhere, its managed to survive through the best and worst periods of Somali history and will continue to outlive many of us.

Now, having accepted that tribalism is interweaved in a complex way with the Somali way of life; surely we must at least try to evolve it so it benefits us as Somalis. I mean it does benefit us currently to some extent, provided you pay qaaraan. But qabiil and qabyaalad cause more problems than benefits. So why don't we brain storm a few thoughts and ideas on how to advance tribalism in Somalia to keep up with the modern 21st century way of life.

It is kind of sad that the world is thinking about going to Mars and exploring space, while Somalis are more concerned with qabiil hebel did this and that etc...

I say we use education as a means of teaching the younger generation of the dangers and major disadvantages of tribalism and teach that no one is superior or inferior to one because of their qabil, also the government also has to weaken clan elders to as much as possible, let it all wither out as time progresses, and hopefully two scenarios play out

1) as generations pass it gets less and less important to the point where it's all forgotten
2) it is still there however much of the animosity towards different tribes is gone

Won't happen in a snap it'll be a long road to drive on

Dalmoor

Hiatusβœ… 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Idk buddy...maybe just wait for when all the odeyaals go extinct and hope the dhalinyaro don't become like them cause it seems like educating them won't work when there's qabilists at home brainwashing kids

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I just came back from Somalia last month, and the older I get and visit the motherland, the more I understand and appreciate the culture, the philosophy and the societal norms and customs. One main theme that piqued both my interest and undivided attention was the qabyaalad that runs through the Somali system; its literally in the bones.

The one thing I fully realise is whether we like it or not, qabiil and qabyaalad isn't going anywhere, its managed to survive through the best and worst periods of Somali history and will continue to outlive many of us.

Now, having accepted that tribalism is interweaved in a complex way with the Somali way of life; surely we must at least try to evolve it so it benefits us as Somalis. I mean it does benefit us currently to some extent, provided you pay qaaraan. But qabiil and qabyaalad cause more problems than benefits. So why don't we brain storm a few thoughts and ideas on how to advance tribalism in Somalia to keep up with the modern 21st century way of life.

It is kind of sad that the world is thinking about going to Mars and exploring space, while Somalis are more concerned with qabiil hebel did this and that etc...

u r sexy in a low key way.

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
It's never going away , there's an old saying in Somali "Dadkaaga markay wax fiican aan soo kordhinin tolkaaga waa laga tolloowda inta suntiisa ku mudin"
If your people never contribute to anything you leave your clan and be yourself before the poison pricks you .
Tollow means ka Bax
Aniga Soomalinimo waan ka baxay afaariskooda , meel baan ka istaagay
im more of a individualist , I couldn't give a f*ck about qaaraan I have discharged myself from my Qabiil and Somali affairs lol

Tollow also have a double meaning , assimilating into an ethnic group or your offsprings become their own ethnicity
Who knows if they're will be a rastoole ethnic group with a distinct language we will only be related through Samaale wax kale inagama dhexaayaan kkk

GemState

36/21
VIP
The best use of clan is as a tool for development.

Funneling money into building schools, roads, hospitals, etc into your regions

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Set up a Roman style colosseum, qabiil beefs decided on Fridays in hand to hand fights.

lion-prisoner-facing-off-ancient-rome-5877754.jpg

Primitive problems require primitive solutions:yousmart:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Set up a Roman style colosseum, qabiil beefs decided on Fridays in hand to hand fights.

lion-prisoner-facing-off-ancient-rome-5877754.jpg

Primitive problems require primitive solutions:yousmart:

this is an excellent idea walaahi. I want to know which qabil warrior will kill a lion to the end

Don't wish things like this from Somalis. There backward primitive people and the diaspora are some of the worst among the world, I ask myself why was I born with these people. :westbrookwtf:

Tribalism is in the Somali DNA makeup.

Sol

?
Qabyaalid links heavily with education and poverty you're more likely to be invested in a large group that has your back compared to a person who can be financially independent of others. Main reason you see cadaans forgo the concept of extended family for that of a nuclear family as you don't need to rely on other outside of your own family.

Trending

Latest posts