Honest Question: How can Slanders convince our neighbours to support independence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Northern Dir aren't pro independence?
Since when is Isaac Dir :dwill:

@waraabe i thought shiekh isaac was Arab :kanyehmm:

It all makes sense now that's why Isaac use their mothers abtiris cause the father is lineage is ambiguous at best hence habar awal habar younis habar jeclo:hemad:

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
I would recognise and support an Isaac only somaliland even if it means samaroon joins Djibouti I prefer awdal be under the federal government in Mogadishu & sool, sanaag, cyn to form their own state part of Somalia.

waraabe

Your superior
I would recognise and support an Isaac only somaliland even if it means samaroon joins Djibouti I prefer awdal be under the federal government in Mogadishu & sool, sanaag, cyn to form their own state part of Somalia.

:siilaanyolaugh: Your darod brothers are being ruled from hargeisa, nothing you or reer Douglas can do about it :dabcasar:

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
You must be a newbie.

Sland independence and sovereignity isnt negotiable with the south. and theres no khaatumo, disgruntled dhulos will have their needs and complanints met by Sland gov.

hypothetically sland could have let dhulos join their darood brothers in puntland, only if they could get along with PL, but they want to est a new state, which is unvisible because they arent the sole traditional residents of the 3 regions they claim.

There are many people in the south who have no problem with Somaliland (Isaaq and Gadabursi) becoming an independent country. I am actually pro Somaliland secession as it would increase the percentage of Darood in the remaining Somalia, while losing very little.

Puntland would have no opposition to Somaliland's secession if the Harti inhabited parts of British Somaliland remain in Somalia. The problem is that Somaliland is unwilling to let go of its claims to these lands. I fully believe that Somaliland's futile claims to these lands are the reason it has remained unrecognized for 26 years.

If Isaaq and Gadabursi were to declare the eastern boundry between Harti and Isaaq as the border of their new country, I would have no qualms about letting Somaliland go, even without a refrendum.

There are many people in the south who have no problem with Somaliland (Isaaq and Gadabursi) becoming an independent country. I am actually pro Somaliland secession as it would increase the percentage of Darood in the remaining Somalia, while losing very little.

Puntland would have no opposition to Somaliland's secession if the Harti inhabited parts of British Somaliland remain in Somalia. The problem is that Somaliland is unwilling to let go of its claims to these lands. I fully believe that Somaliland's futile claims to these lands are the reason it has remained unrecognized for 26 years.

If Isaaq and Gadabursi were to declare the eastern boundry between Harti and Isaaq as the border of their new country, I would have no qualms about letting Somaliland go, even without a refrendum.
Where is the somai weyn love
:ileycry:

I

I think in the end the settlement will look something like this. For Somaliland the best time to negotiate this deal is sooner rather than later. I fear as time passes there will be more leverage in Hamar. We have been unable to get recognition while the FGS has been in pieces. When it resembles a state it will be more difficult to.build a case. The question the north must ask is independence at what price. The question the south must ask is what is sufficient and what the next relationship should be. Resolving this issue would, I believe, enable the drawing of a line under the civil war.

I wanted to reach out and try to find out the answer to this question. Of course there are issues in the east, but let's just assume an arrangement was worked out where even something akin to Khatumo remained in Somalia, what is the problem? I personally know that I love to be able to visit a booming Hamar, and I sometimes think that people from the south don't realise that an independent Somaliland would actually be great for them. Leave aside all tribal issues for now, what would it take for you guys to accept SL?

We don't need their acceptance, SL
Is prospering Masha'Allah!

It's like you asking a homeless man
To be happy your wealthy!

Never gonna happen!

Hoosjeed

Guusha ya leh?
I generalised with Dir

If you subtract the Isaaq seats from the Dir group in the Somali parliament, Dir is left with less seats than the 0.5 tribes (minority clans). The truth is politically speaking, Dir's political representation would be on par with the minority tribes if the Isaaq formed their own independent group.

This is a very interesting and refreshing take. I agree if Somaliland were to ever become independent, Eastern Sool and Sanaag would probably rejoin a federal Somalia which would ultimately be for the best. An independent Somaliland would not want a fifth column as part of it's new state right off the bat. Puntlanders should support Somaliland because as you said it furthers their interests, which is weakening the Somali Federal Government's negotiating hand at any cost. Somaliland and Puntland are essentially two different responses to the age old question of regional representation, with SL representing the logical endpoint of secession from the union.

However, I don't think the disputed eastern regions are the reason Somaliland has been without recognition for 26 years. Africa has no interest in overseeing a tribal breakup of Somalia, and if SL were to go independent I think the best analogy would be that it could potentially end up a rogue state like Eritrea. This is probably the closest analogue for comparison hence why the west doesn't support SL's secession and would like a federal Somalia as a compromise.

Last edited:
We don't need their acceptance, SL
Is prospering Masha'Allah!

It's like you asking a homeless man
To be happy your wealthy!

Never gonna happen!

Yes we are prospering, but it's all relative. I was in Hargeisa a few weeks ago and when I came away I had the feeling that a great expansion is going to happen very soon, but we have to be honest. There won't be a solution until there is some kind of grand bargain. I would love a backdoor answer, but I think ultimately the south will have to agree to any deal so we have to start negotiating to at least get an idea of what they want.

Yes we are prospering, but it's all relative. I was in Hargeisa a few weeks ago and when I came away I had the feeling that a great expansion is going to happen very soon, but we have to be honest. There won't be a solution until there is some kind of grand bargain. I would love a backdoor answer, but I think ultimately the south will have to agree to any deal so we have to start negotiating to at least get an idea of what they want.

Their to jealous to acknowledge us,
Don't waste your breath wallahi!

Their to jealous to acknowledge us,
Don't waste your breath wallahi!

Have you been back home recently? How did you find it if so? I used to live in the UK but got out of that trap. One foot in Saudi, the other back home. We have a lot, but I think in the end we have to have some kind of deal.

Have you been back home recently? How did you find it if so? I used to live in the UK but got out of that trap. One foot in Saudi, the other back home. We have a lot, but I think in the end we have to have some kind of deal.

I've been back 3 times, recently 2015 and 2016.

I loved it, the level of growth in just
One year was breathtaking masha'Allah!

A lot of people from the west moving
Back and Building businesses and
Employing local ppl.

I agree, however they will hold onto
Us for ever, these people have no
Respect for us at all!

In time you will see what I mean,
What kind of deal can you do with
People, who despise your very
Existence?

I've been back 3 times, recently 2015 and 2016.

I loved it, the level of growth in just
One year was breathtaking masha'Allah!

A lot of people from the west moving
Back and Building businesses and
Employing local ppl.

I agree, however they will hold onto
Us for ever, these people have no
Respect for us at all!

In time you will see what I mean,
What kind of deal can you do with
People, who despise your very
Existence?
We can't despite a country that doesn't exist:farmajoyaab:and can you stop the us versus them rhetoric, it becoming a tad bit played out abayoo:ayaanswag:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending