Homework Help Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
Ok so what you're trying to say is that since there is a reflection in the x axis the direction of the phase shift is now to the right?
Yes the phase shift is always to the right otherwise you run the problem of mixing up sine versus cosine and negatives and positives. If you look at shifting the graph pi/2 to the left you'll notice the cosine graph starts at the bottom this indicates it will be a negative equation.

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
Okay sweety. So from trough to trough or from peak to peak you agree the period is 2pi?

From -pi/4 to pi/4 you agree that is a distance of pi, right?

Since cos starts either at the top of the peak or at the bottom of the trough and your graph has at the origin a cosine graph that's inbetween trough and peak you have a phase shift of pi/2.

One more thing, I believe you need a negative at the beginning of your equation. Hope I helped dear. :)
Mashallah you're smart :salute:

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
Yes the phase shift is always to the right otherwise you run the problem of mixing up sine versus cosine and negatives and positives. If you look at shifting the graph pi/2 to the left you'll notice the cosine graph starts at the bottom this indicates it will be a negative equation.
yh thats right and if it starts at 1 its positive,im taking this same thing right now in my mathematical methods class.

Gojo Satoru

Staff Member
Ok so the phase shift is always to the right? That helps a lot then. Thank you abaayo.

Can someone help me with this graph? It says the phase shift for cos is pi/2 right but I got pi/2 left? Did I do something wrong?
it should start at -pi/2 and end at 3p/2. the horizantal shift is a shift to the left, so not sure why it would be wrong.
post ur full graph if u can.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
My final exam is on tuesday
Good luck abaayo, allah ha ku barakaayo Insha allah. Look over videos and study hard but don't study too much the night before. make sure to exercise and eat healthy. May you do well and may God guide you to study well every day leading up to the exam, ameen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts