HISTORIC RULING: 14yr Girl wins case against forced marriage in Somaliland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puffin Stuff

Cheating death in berbera
We dont need secular laws to correct anything. If this story is true than it should have never happened as forced marriage is unallowed.
As i read their main objection was with the age and not the divorce.

You accepting secular laws goes agaisnt islam and dhaqan sxb.
That can be interpreted as you suggesting dhaqan allows child brides and arrange marriages if that’s not what your saying explain in further detail how it’s against dhaqan?

Puffin Stuff

14 year old is a child, you fucking paedophiles.

As usual, it's up to Isaaq to civilise these barbaric brain-dead clans in Bari.
Attack against character!! In a debate to Coventry with you. In all honesty don’t throw the p word around people have fought wars over less

14 year old is a child, you fucking paedophiles.

As usual, it's up to Isaaq to civilise these barbaric brain-dead clans in Bari.

14 is not child. Peodphiles are people into preadolescence children. So a peadophile wouldnt be into 14 year old girl. Now Im just educating you on what the word means.....not supporting 14 year old with an adult man. Just people need to throw that word around

That man was not her husband as a forced marriage is invalid.

What story do you need? She said no. So what more is there to it?

Is a woman/girl saying NO not enough for you heartless people?
Again it was alleged. Her witness statement is worth half a man. Ahe alleged she was forced.

1. Marriage by force is haram. I don’t think I need to elaborate more on that. Besides I’m a bit rusty, but I’m pretty sure 15 is the age considered a adult in Shafi’
2. Pregnancy and giving birth at the age of 14 is dangerous, and I’m not sure why certain people cannot wrap their heads around this fact. Is it true that for centuries Somalis did marry at this age? Yes, but many more died because of this. It’s the 21st Century, and we have medical science proving this. If you are a father who knows your child could potentially die and marry them off anyways. Then that is a issue of morality.
@World getting married at a later age isn’t Western culture seeping into and destroying Somali culture.
@Suldaanka If there is a non-Muslim who is curious about our deen, try to be respectful.
Wrong on so many levels.
Why would the Prophet marry Aisha if it could potentially hurt her?
Second the age of Adulthood is when one hits puberty of at the age of 15 whichever comes first.

Again it was alleged. Her witness statement is worth half a man. Ahe alleged she was forced.

Are you okay, if a woman says no it is no, what is alleged walal?

In terms of crime, in terms of business transaction yes. Not marriage.

In islam when a woman says no to a marriage no is no.

Do you understand how consent works?

How do we know that she refused at first and after a while decided the married life wasnt for her. She could be lying. Once we have the story from the Alleged Husband and Father than we can form an opinion. Secondly No father would put his daughter into harms way. Her brothers would have allowed that shit

Puffin Stuff

In islam when a woman says no to a marriage no is no.

Do you understand how consent works?
36EF698E-C59B-4873-B392-17A4E06FFC42.jpeg
Why am I getting notifications when your not quoting me?

How do we know that she refused at first and after a while decided the married life wasnt for her. She could be lying. Once we have the story from the Alleged Husband and Father than we can form an opinion. Secondly No father would put his daughter into harms way. Her brothers would have allowed that shit

Are you stupid?
Many fathers force their daughters in marriage to someone they do not want. This tale is a common one in many parts of the world. Especially in the meey.

The story even makes it clear that she tried to run away from the very beginning.

How do you know what her brothers would and wouldn't allow?

Men like you enable this sort of abuse to happen by making 101 excuses for women to be forced into situations they do not want.

Puffin Stuff

Your both assuming shit the only hard evidence is a shitty article calm down @HalimaJ @Suldaanka this isn’t debate mate

There is a common theme with you. I've noticed that you would jump through hoops to defend the actions of men abusing women regardless of the situation.

This situation is clear cut to such an extent the judge ruled in favour of the young girl. Situations like this happen a lot in Saudi, UAE ect and the judge asks the girl if she wants to marry the guy when forced marriages occur, if her answer is NO, then the marriage is deemed invalid and the father is told to fear Allah.

This situation is black and white, but because women's happiness and life is worthless to you, you will find any excuse to justify this.

Are you stupid?
Many fathers force their daughters in marriage to someone they do not want. This tale is a common one in many parts of the world. Especially in the meey.

The story even makes it clear that she tried to run away from the very beginning.

How do you know what her brothers would and wouldn't allow?

Men like you enable this sort of abuse to happen by making 101 excuses for women to be forced into situations they do not want.
I disagree. I doubt you have been back in a while as what you are saying doesnt exists.

No hard evidence to be going at their necks

There is a common theme with you. I've noticed that you would jump through hoops to defend the actions of men abusing women regardless of the situation.

This situation is clear cut to such an extent the judge ruled in favour of the young girl. Situations like this happen a lot in Saudi, UAE ect and the judge asks the girl if she wants to marry the guy when forced marriages occur, if her answer is NO, then the marriage is deemed invalid and the father is told to fear Allah.

This situation is black and white, but because women's happiness and life is worthless to you, you will find any excuse to justify this.
Again generalizations are a fucking curse. You want to demonize somali men every chance you get.
Im always going to say like i have from the get go. Unless i hear both parties qnd see hard evidence im skeptical.

Did her mother testify as she would have played a large role in this marriage.
There is nothing wrong with arranged marriages and marrying at a young agr. Whats your issue. I have said if it was forced is not allowed. I doubt she refused and this was probably just to get a divorce.

Again generalizations are a fucking curse. You want to demonize somali men every chance you get.
Im always going to say like i have from the get go. Unless i hear both parties qnd see hard evidence im skeptical.

There is nothing wrong with arranged marriages and marrying at a young agr. Whats your issue. I have said if it was forced is not allowed. I doubt she refused and this was probably just to get a divorce.

When did I demonise Somali men?

Forced mariage happen. Heck i've seen of cases of mothers pressuring their own daughters so what is your point?

We live in a shitty world, where women are forced into situations they don't want to be in. Don't use the old 'vilifying' Somali men trick to brush things under the carpet. That is a silencing tactic.

We got the judges word though. He said the father gave the daughter away when she was 11. Now I doubt he would make that statement without checking with the father. Thecparents are divorced and the girl was given away 3 years ago. Im not fan of blaming men for everything. But we shouldnt defend every trash. I really doubt they made a ruling based on her word alone.

When did I demonise Somali men?

Forced mariage happen. Heck i've seen of cases of mothers pressuring their own daughters so what is your point?

We live in a shitty world, where women are forced into situations they don't want to be in. Don't use the old 'vilifying' Somali men trick to brush things under the carpet. That is a silencing tactic.
Understand what forced means. Meaning they are forced to marry one when they dont want to. Fighting violently against. Arranged marriage is what you are saying.

Its true you have been at somali mens necks from the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending