Has the diaspora given up on Somalia?

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
Luckily enough my family is from Las Anod so it's safe where I'm from.

If I was from Xamar hell nah.

3LetterzMM

LG gang we gon slide for my nigga 🤐🥷
Can you really blame them tho it’s a whole generation of Somalis that only know their host country as their home. Me personally I’d move back if I was rich cause my money would go so much farther but other then that nah I’m cool wit living here and visiting sometimes.

Barni

⚠️ EPILEPTIC WARNING ⚠️
People who fear Somalia because someone was killed there. Newsflash: you can die anywhere, at any moment. Malakul Mawt doesn't know borders. Stop fearing the inevitable, it's a waste of time.

Somalia and Africa in general, has a lot of potential and it will be rebuilt by those who do not fear. Hop on board or miss the train.
I agree with your point every soul will taste death. But u can’t pretend that u have a much higher chance of dying violently in somalia. Just today there was two explosions in xamar. Not to add the alarming rise of rapes of girls & boys, which go unreported. Safety is important there is no point in tryna help people that want harm for u. Ppl r not willing to put their safety on the line for ppl who don’t wanna help themselves.

I think the dream to go back to somalia for good is gone to many Somalis, especially now that many Somalis are settling and buying homes in West. I watched dahabshiil spokesman talking about how Somalis are even sending money back home are lot less nowadays due to high cost living in West. However there is new wave of Somalis who go to somalia or somaliland for holiday destination and building holiday homes, therefore there is alot of business catering for diaspora people who came for holiday. I watched alot of vlogs on YouTube and see changes happened in terms of building lot of hotels, there is even gated community are built. Which is good news as it create business and work,on flip Side lot of locals are priced up and can't afford to buy lands and homes.

Your more likely to have higher returns investing in Somalia then you do in the west. Make your money in the west and invest in some in Somalia. My family and I made will be making huge returns from investing in Garcad. I suggest everyone else do the same to benefit yourself family and homeland

SonOfMaverick

"I don’t live in darkness, darkness lives in me."
:umwhat:Why would I go back to a country my parents fled from?

I’m American now and this is my country, so I’m going to make the best of it. 🇺🇸

Ever since Hodan’s death i have given up on that hellhole. She was literally killed senselessly (whilst pregnant) by the ppl she loved so much. As much as i hate the west i knew i get treated better here than i ever would in somalia as a woman. And seeing disaporas idolising qabil n islamic extremism just shows me we r evolving backwards.
She was killed by terrorists not ordinary Somalis

as for OP my family are already investing there (especially PL)

South Koreans turned their country (the poorest in the world during the 60s) into one of the most advanced economies on earth - so can we

alien

📍outer space
VIP
She was killed by terrorists not ordinary Somalis

as for OP my family are already investing there (especially PL)

South Koreans turned their country (the poorest in the world during the 60s) into one of the most advanced economies on earth - so can we
south koreans didnt do shit. it was the americans who did everything for them

south koreans didnt do shit. it was the americans who did everything for them

I'm sorry but that is tosh.

The South Koreans are responsible for creating the wealth they currently enjoy; they instituted the sort of economic policies that made Japan such a powerhouse.

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
I'm sorry but that is tosh.

The South Koreans are responsible for creating the wealth they currently enjoy; they instituted the sort of economic policies that made Japan such a powerhouse.
Could those policies be implemented in Somalia?

Could those policies be implemented in Somalia?

The conditions and dynamics wouldn't be exactly the same, but there's really nothing that could prevent Somalia from implementing some of the policies that catapulted South Korea into 1st world status.

The only issue is that South Korea was granted a certain degree of access by Washington because it's essentially under U.S. protection.

The South Koreans did the heavy lifting to get to where they are now, so the notion that they did absolutely nothing is nonsense.

If we just disown anyone above 50. Refuse to listen to them and consider them ours everyone can go back. Id say there is even an argument for lowering that to 40. Its just basically them waeteman.