Has the diaspora given up on Somalia?

I remember growing up I would hear and see people talking about how somalia is getting better and will return back to how it was pre civil war. Circa now in 2022 I rarely hear those words. The only people who go back fit in these categories: 1- Dhgan celis
2- deported criminals
3- people looking for a wife or has a second wife

Rarely do you see educated diaspora coming back to help build the country. It’s just degenerates coming back. I’ve asked my friends and family if they would ever go visit Somalia and all said no. It seems like everyone just gave up

K-M-O

Somali.
Yes and no.

Semi-most diasporas do: since they consider the west their home and found a better opportunities here than Somalia.

while those who do go back home; mostly do it just for business and charities etc…

If you’re referring to the political power on Somalia: that’s strictly depends on the individual.

The Isaaq tribe on the north are already known as separatist and has given up on the south for decades.

while Putlanders are already thinking on creating their own nation and separating from the south.

the homelanders are becoming more divided: is better for us as diasporas to study our people back home on how can we get them to unite again regardless of their clan differences.

The Greater Somalia project was the best idea for our people.

I’m an Isaaq myself; but my clan can’t get enough of the traumas they’ve endured by Siad barre.

but we need to held politicians accountable for their reckless governing.

Somalia is for Somalis and that’s it.

Last edited:

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
Foreigners go to Somalia and make hella money cause no diaspora is willing to do so. Only ourselves to blame with the country situation

Why give up on Somalia now when it has been giving through major changes past 10 years but not give up back when our generation was growing up and it was literal hell on earth?

We haven’t given up. I’ve been in the west most of my life. It’s always been my dream to live again in Jasira.
We just need to plan how to return.

Yes and no.

Semi-most diasporas do: since they consider the west their home and found a better opportunities here than Somalia.

while those who do go back home; mostly do it just for business and charities etc…

If you’re referring to the political power on Somalia: that’s strictly depends on the individual.

The Isaaq tribe on the north are already known as separatist and has given up on the south for decades.

while Putlanders are already thinking on creating their own nation and separating from the south.

the homelanders are becoming more divided: is better for us as diasporas to study our people back home on how can we get them to unite again regardless of their clan differences.

The Greater Somalia project was the best idea for our people.

I’m an Isaaq myself; but my clan can’t get enough of the traumas they’ve endured by Siad barre.

but we need to held politicians accountable for their reckless governing.

Somalia is for Somalis and that’s it.
MJ are never leaving the South. Ever since they came in the 19th they’re never leaving.

K-M-O

Somali.
Foreigners go to Somalia and make hella money cause no diaspora is willing to do so. Only ourselves to blame with the country situation

Key problem in our land…..

Khat: coping mechanisms

Qabil: separatism

Failed government: poverty and more corruption.

Key potential alternatives:

Prevent khat being sold.

Stop bringing qabil into politics

And change the systematic governing of Somalia.

K-M-O

Somali.
MJ are never leaving the South. Ever since they came in the 19th they’re never leaving.

Not saying they’re leaving: I’m saying some or most of them support the idea of separatism.

the name puntland didn’t came out for no reason saxib.

alien

📍outer space
VIP
Key problem in our land…..

Khat: coping mechanisms

Qabil: separatism

Failed government: poverty and more corruption.

Key potential alternatives:

Prevent khat being sold.

Stop bringing qabil into politics

And change the systematic governing of Somalia.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

K-M-O

Somali.

great idea.

And the higher the price; they’ll start working their ass off for Society even more.

is like a fat hamster on a weel:

1666955490986.gif

I've been super interested in Somalia since I was 16.

I am in now my late 20s now, and resigned to the fact I'll be living in Australia or abroad for the rest of my life.

It's funny because many of our own parents have had the same experience. They thought would be refugees only for a few years, and they would soon return home. With time they began to care less and just get on with their lives.

Trending